Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Starks Not Starting - Is It Punishment?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cddolphin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
I don't think it's something as shallow as a punishment. It's most likely just his lack of practicing and the fact our DL depth is very good. He'll be in the rotation for sure.

Or how about giving credit where it's due and using it as an opportunity to lift up one of your teammates. If I were Odrick I would be offended by what he said.

Judging by his interviews Odrick seems too smart to be bothered by such nonsense...

He is a smart guy. I follow him on twitter. He's pretty damn hilarious too.

dat sack dance doe
cddolphin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphan9954 wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
The fact that he said that tells me there is bad blood there. Chances of him resigning with Miami at this point are slim. They should work to trade him now before he leaves in the offseason and we get nothing for him. With the depth we have we can afford to do it, and it would save us over 9 mil in cap space we can move to the next season. Of course finding a team with that kind of cap space to take it on that is also willing to give up draft picks or a player is easier said than done.

I think they would have traded Long last year if they could have.

But why? The Dolphins aren't a 5-11 team anymore where it doesn't matter. This team is a potential playoff team that should win 8 games at a minimum. Starks helps this team win, you don't throw away one of your teams top 5-10 players just because they are a free agent. To me, this shows how far the Dolphins have come. It should get to a point when your draft picks (Odrick) play so well that it doesn't make it a requirement to resign vets.

I don't even know if Starks is a top 5 guy on this defense, let alone the team.

Wake
Soliai
Jones

all outperformed him last season and

Odrick
Grimes

are more valuable today; if they can continue their level of play throughout the season.

4 out of his 4.5 sacks last season came in losses. I think he's a very good lineman, I just think he's overrated by this forum and at best top 3 DL on the team.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have already said I prefer we keep Starks I think he makes us a better football team but those ok with Starks getting shipped have a point the way we are set up does Starks really make or break us or make the difference for us making the playoffs maybe or maybe not

Is there a market to where we get something for a 30 year old lineman making 8 mil and heading into free agency? a LATE draft pick or keep him to make us better rushing the passer with Odrick and Starks both from the interior on 3rd down and have 8 mil off the books after seasons end. I like Randall and think he has some upside but he is much better against the run then rushing the passer.
Warpticon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
4 out of his 4.5 sacks last season came in losses.

And we have the official winner for Most Meaningless Stat Seriously Cited for August 2013!
green4gulf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warpticon wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
4 out of his 4.5 sacks last season came in losses.

And we have the official winner for Most Meaningless Stat Seriously Cited for August 2013!

LOL!! I was thinking the same thing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: