Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

First Round of Roster Cuts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoosh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BladeKor wrote:
I hope James and Nicholas are cut next. I hope Schiller, Banks, Bartu and Worrilow makes the team.
So you're suggesting the Falcons roll with four linebackers who have never played a meaningful NFL snap? That would leave the Falcons with just two linebackers, Spoon and Dent, who have played a down in the NFL. Even then, there's not a great deal of experience. Cutting Nicholas would be a disaster.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
BladeKor wrote:
I hope James and Nicholas are cut next. I hope Schiller, Banks, Bartu and Worrilow makes the team.
So you're suggesting the Falcons roll with four linebackers who have never played a meaningful NFL snap? That would leave the Falcons with just two linebackers, Spoon and Dent, who have played a down in the NFL. Even then, there's not a great deal of experience. Cutting Nicholas would be a disaster.

The only LB that is worth keeping is Spoon.
swoosh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BladeKor wrote:
swoosh wrote:
BladeKor wrote:

The only LB that is worth keeping is Spoon.
On THIS team, that is simply not true. Nicholas is the second, at worst third, best linebacker on this team. Cutting him makes no sense. He may be overpaid, but it's not like having more cap room would allow TD to do anything at this point. No reason for cutting him. None.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
WR's Jackson, Sales, and Evans were released. Down to Cone, Johnson, Moore, and Rodgers for the last spot assuming Davis is a lock. I think Cone or Johnson will take the last spot, with the other two being strong PS candidates.
I hope Johnson makes it. Hell I like him better than I like HD.
terrell123

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
New Depth chart out:
http://www.atlantafalcons.com/team/depth-chart.html

Looks like Worrilow has moved up to 2nd team while Bartu is still stuck in 3rd. Surprised to see that Bartu hasn't passed James at WLB

Also surprised to see Darius Johnson still behind Kevin Cone and James Rodgers at wideout.
Bartu behind Robert "should've been gone a long time ago" James? Johnson behind Cone and James freakin Rodgers? What games are these dumb... coaches watching? Seriously? Rolling Eyes
ShockdAtFalcons

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrell123 wrote:
ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
New Depth chart out:
http://www.atlantafalcons.com/team/depth-chart.html

Looks like Worrilow has moved up to 2nd team while Bartu is still stuck in 3rd. Surprised to see that Bartu hasn't passed James at WLB

Also surprised to see Darius Johnson still behind Kevin Cone and James Rodgers at wideout.
Bartu behind Robert "should've been gone a long time ago" James? Johnson behind Cone and James freakin Rodgers? What games are these dumb... coaches watching? Seriously? Rolling Eyes
Ya apparently its not something that the team/coaching staff puts out, apparently its the ever vague "league" itself that presents the official depth charts, in the preseason atleast.

Wouldn't be surprised to see James cut, or Dent, or Schiller. Bartu or Worrilow not making the team would be a real head-scratcher.

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: