Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Was Reggie swindled this past draft?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EricAllen21

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Was Reggie swindled this past draft? Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000164026/article/miami-dolphins-shocked-trade-to-no-3-cost-half-price

I still think we should have received a 2nd in 2014 or an additional 3rd rounder in 2013. Bergstorm looks like a career reserve. 2013 & 2014 class need to produce. Would be nice if Reggie could hit some homers with our picks
Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top of the draft sucked, so Reggie got what he could. Dolphins weren't trading up to get RG3
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphins should be more concerned with the fact they passed on an OT for Jordan while Jonathan Martin looks like Barron and they botched a trade for Brandon Albert.

Raiders did fine in that trade.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
Top of the draft sucked, so Reggie got what he could. Dolphins weren't trading up to get RG3
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was already posted and discussed heavily in the Draft thread. McKenzie didn't get swindled he didn't ask for much and Ireland accepted before the offer could finish faxing.
nickdawg

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You get what you can.

The fact that Oakland traded down in the first round to get more picks says he got value regardless of what an outdated trade chart says.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nickdawg wrote:
You get what you can.

The fact that Oakland traded down in the first round to get more picks says he got value regardless of what an outdated trade chart says.

Outdated or not. McKenzie GOT what he ASKED for. No counteroffer needed. Ireland was shocked at the low price (read: he would have paid more). When the buyer is surprised by the low asking price you're a desperate seller.

Hmmm. . . where would the Raiders be right now had they decided to build inside out and drafted Lane Johnson at #3? Yet the FO was prepared to draft Hayden at #3. Really. . . .
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
nickdawg wrote:
You get what you can.

Outdated or not. McKenzie GOT what he ASKED for. No counteroffer needed. Ireland was shocked at the low price (read: he would have paid more). When the buyer is surprised by the low asking price you're a desperate seller.

Hmmm. . . where would the Raiders be right now had they decided to build inside out and drafted Lane Johnson at #3? Yet the FO was prepared to draft Hayden at #3. Really. . . .

Well, we have our LT, so Johnson would have played RT. But we ended up picking a RT in the 2nd so...

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
nickdawg wrote:
You get what you can.

this.
reg gave his bottom line and they ate it up with ease. i have no problem with the deal honestly given the circumstances but I have a problem with the players picked but it is what it is. would have took sf's offer in a heartbeat but imo they were sold on hayden.

btw seeing long jr beast our dline like that last week wasnt easy on the eyes.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
DirtyHarry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
nickdawg wrote:
You get what you can.

this.
reg gave his bottom line and they ate it up with ease. i have no problem with the deal honestly given the circumstances but I have a problem with the players picked but it is what it is. would have took sf's offer in a heartbeat but imo they were sold on hayden.

1. What was this sf offer ?
2 long soo far looks like a beast in the run game. People thought it was a reach too.

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

This game should definitely bring some lulz from the Raiders side.
CrapTakula

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyHarry wrote:

2 long soo far looks like a beast in the run game. People thought it was a reach too.

i wanted him so bad, but i think a lot of that is because of his name.

Bolansho Boro Begoz
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyHarry wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
nickdawg wrote:
You get what you can.

this.

1. What was this sf offer ?

call me crazy but sf traded up with dal #18 for #31 and #74 and i dont know how it works but i wouldve tried to get in on that.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
G

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RM wanted a 2nd and he got it...
I'd rather traded to Zona even if it was their 3rd, then Rams 16 and 46 then SF 31 and 74, then traded again into the 40's.
I think an injured CB would have fallen into the 3rd but this is what happens when you fall in love with a player...
I'm glad we got him at 12 instead of 3 as I'd be Evil or Very Mad
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
nickdawg wrote:
You get what you can.

I like the combination of Hayden/Watson better than Lane Johnson. 3 years from now, Watson IMO will be a better player than Johnson.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: