Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GREG Childs ?????
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JMac79

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
Is he still on the PUP list?

Yes. And I'm guessing he'll stay there for the first 6 weeks of the season.

To be honest, I'm expecting him to replace Webb or Simpson during the season.

Unless either of those two really show something, I kind of hope this is the case. It may not be the most logical or rational hope, as Greg is completely unproven in the NFL and has obvious injury issues, but his skillset is one I would hate to lose. Add that to his high work ethic (evidenced by his efforts to come back from injury), and I could see another team scooping him up, letting him ease into NFL action, and end up having a really good WR on the cheap.

He's a project, but I would guess he's less of a project than Webb, while also being younger (and having more years on contract). If he can regain his speed, he has the potential to a more-complete WR than Simpson. But, it sucks trying to make these projections, because we've never seen the guy in game scenarios.

DJC71 wrote:
That's like asking if I'd still buy my ex-wife flowers on our anniversary after she left me for another dude. Heck no. I hope she gets bedbugs.
Boda

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a big Childs fan and I really hope that he makes the team and can replace one of the two players mentioned earlier. Preferably Jerome Simpson as I don't think we'll need him any longer than this season anyways.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would keep Childs on the pup list to start the year since mn seems fairly set at the position to begin the year. If injuries or poor performance hurt the team, then you could activate Childs after coming off the pup list. I'd rather see Childs sit out and get healthy if he isn't needed, which could be the case this year.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“@eric_j_thompson: Just to clear things up: Greg Childs hasn't done anything in practice because he can't. If he practices, he hast to come off the PUP list.”
Purplexing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Quote:
“@eric_j_thompson: Just to clear things up: Greg Childs hasn't done anything in practice because he can't. If he practices, he hast to come off the PUP list.”

I wonder how the NFL defines 'practice'?

I recall reading he was running in a straight line at some practice facility.

I don't know how any NFL team, could make a decision on an injured player under those circumstances and the no-practice-while-on-PUP rule.
Klomp

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purplexing wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Quote:

I wonder how the NFL defines 'practice'?

I recall reading he was running in a straight line at some practice facility.

I don't know how any NFL team, could make a decision on an injured player under those circumstances and the no-practice-while-on-PUP rule.

ANDERSON, Ind. — The NFL required the Indianapolis Colts to add veteran running back Ahmad Bradshaw to the active roster after he participated in a walk-through Aug. 4, according to a league spokesman.

Players on the physically unable to perform list are not allowed to participate in any practice sessions with their teammates, even walk-throughs. They are limited to working with trainers and the rehabilitation staff until they gain medical clearance to practice. Bradshaw's participation — described as mental reps by the Colts — was deemed a violation of league rules.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/08/13/injury-news-ahmad-bradshaw/2647749/
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Vikings wide receiver Greg Childs said this spring that he wanted to be the kind of guy that made a return from torn patellar tendons in both knees at the same time believable, but his fantasy isn’t ready to become reality just yet.

The Vikings announced Tuesday that Childs has been moved to the reserve PUP list, which means he won’t be able to practice or play with the team until after their first six games of the regular season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/27/vikings-shift-greg-childs-to-regular-season-pup-list/

Did I miss this completely yesterday?

Thx to Uncle Buck!
pjnugget

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
I have little to no hope for Childs at this point, but you never know. the best course of action is to put him on PUP, even if he appears ready to go. Just keep him there so he doesnt hurt something again.

This is the smartests post I've seen regarding Childs. Let's make sure he's 100% before rushing him out for a certain career ending injury.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He can still come in to use the team facility and work with Sug right?
Freakout

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
He can still come in to use the team facility and work with Sug right?

From how I read it. He can pretty much do anything just not with the team. Basically the same thing he has been doing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: