Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Top 3 Team Needs Based on Preseason performance & Roster
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ECPackers

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
ECPackers wrote:
OL, S, and K

....why the heck would you think we're going to lose james jones? he's our #1 WR

I'd say more like #3. I'd put Nelson and Cobb ahead of James Jones.

He's a UFA after the season and the Packers generally don't pay top dollar for WRs. Jones tested the market last time, and I think he'll choose to do it this time around too.

jordy nelson sucks.

COBB, yeah, i can see that;
Bucks
Badgers
Revel8

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For this season:

1) Back up Center
2) Back Up Left Tackle
3) Back Up Guard

But that's really only because of injuries to the Packers' two 1st round tackles.

Everything else is in better shape depth-wise as long as Burnett will be ok.
spilltray

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ECPackers wrote:
spilltray wrote:
ECPackers wrote:
OL, S, and K

....why the heck would you think we're going to lose james jones? he's our #1 WR

He's a UFA after the season and the Packers generally don't pay top dollar for WRs. Jones tested the market last time, and I think he'll choose to do it this time around too.

jordy nelson sucks.

If I had to choose between Nelson and Jones, I'd take Nelson easily every day of the week and twice on Sundays.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kampman74

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Center, please just draft a pure center or at least just a college guard.

2) OLB Depth. Weakest depth on the team IMO,

3) K, gotta be able to win those close ones.

and just for the heck of it

4) QB depth. Just I want to have fun in the pre-season. And Ted owes me one, so I am calling in that favor next year.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
1. A true Free Safety.
2. Center.
3. OLB Depth
QFT, with QB depth, ILB, TE, and K right behind.

you guys understand football. i like you.

i really, really hope we go S, C the first two picks in the draft as far as best value available goes. it sounds like theres a few elite grade centers in this class, i wouldnt mind taking them in the first round if teddy thinks theyre the best value available. That provides a direct wall in front of Rodgers, and opens up the run game for our new precious; Lacy.

And i do like the idea of OLB depth, I wouldnt even mind double dipping. Id like the third and the 5th for OLB to be addressed.

in the 4th? hell id love to grab a QB in this class in the mid rounds. there seems great mid round value at QB this season. We could nab us a Kirk Cousins.

I do know this. This 2014 free agency window is gonna be gut wrenchingly painful. there are gonna be some guys i like a TON that we wont be able to retain Sad i just worry which ones theyll be......
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
ECPackers wrote:
spilltray wrote:
ECPackers wrote:
OL, S, and K

jordy nelson sucks.

If I had to choose between Nelson and Jones, I'd take Nelson easily every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

I would too but if he could just stay healthy...

Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

PSN: ShiiNyIV
spilltray

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just spitballing, I know it would never happen, but wouldn't it be funny to see the Packers trade up up up for Jake Matthews?

I jest, in reality with Cobb, Nelson, Jones, and Finley all FAs in the next 2 years, I think the Packers are in massive need of restocking pass catchers.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
driftwood

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
1. OLB
2. Center
3. LT/RT for depth and flexibility given Bulaga's health.

replace OLB with a second safety opposite Burnett & were all set
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C. EDS has been abused all PS, and as noted, he's in a contract year and we have no one backing him up.
S. Our answer to replacing Collins is obviously not on the roster, and our only other cover S besides Burnett is in a contract year.
DL. Contracts up EVERYWHERE.
TE/Back up QB. For all the talk of talent at TE, depth behind the ever underachieving Finley is incredibly average IMO, and we all know about the QB2 rotation. Wallace Finley and Quarless are also all in contract years.
ILB. Hawk is solid, but 30, and definitely upgradable. Not to mention our top 2 backups are in their contract year
FB. Might as well throw this out there so long as we're talking about 30 year old Packers and expiring contracts.
OLB. Depth is still a need. Could definitely use a 3rd rusher to rotate in.
Throw K because Crosby needs to keep the pressure on.
WR Jones is up, Nelson and Cobb next year.
CB Shields is up, and House and Tray next year.

You can go T if you care about BB and possibly Sherrod up in 2 years and Newhouse next year.
squire12

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
C. EDS has been abused all PS, and as noted, he's in a contract year and we have no one backing him up.
S. Our answer to replacing Collins is obviously not on the roster, and our only other cover S besides Burnett is in a contract year.
TE/Back up QB. For all the talk of talent at TE, depth behind the ever underachieving Finley is incredibly average IMO, and we all know about the QB2 rotation. Wallace Finley and Quarless are also all in contract years.
ILB. Hawk is solid, but 30, and definitely upgradable. Not to mention our top 2 backups are in their contract year
FB. Might as well throw this out there so long as we're talking about 30 year old Packers and expiring contracts.

You can go T if you care about BB and possibly Sherrod up in 2 years and Newhouse next year.

Effectively we need about 2/3 of the 53 man roster. Wink
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

squire12 wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:

Effectively we need about 2/3 of the 53 man roster. Wink
Somewhere around there. Maybe 3/5 Laughing

Last edited by HyponGrey on Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Title Town USA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ECPackers wrote:

jordy nelson sucks.
Agree. Can't believe he made the final cut.

Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did everyone forget about Tretter? If/when our Oline is completely healthy it's actually a position of strength IMO. I'm in favor of addressing the C position but not in the 1st. Especially with all the expiring contracts.

1. Safety
2. TE
3. Interior Depth
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5thStringQB wrote:
Did everyone forget about Tretter? If/when our Oline is completely healthy it's actually a position of strength IMO. I'm in favor of addressing the C position but not in the 1st. Especially with all the expiring contracts.

1. Safety
2. TE
3. Interior Depth
I'm not saying in the 1st, but it is certainly THE biggest need on this team, especially with EDS in a contract year. What about Tretter? He has a broken ankle and to my knowledge has never taken a snap at Center. (a huge disservice from our staff if you ask me. we knew he wasn't winning that RT competition) which means we can basically expect what we saw from Barclay at Center from him. He's a big making a position move who cannot currently workout his legs. You can effectively scratch him as a viable option this year, and possibly even next year. Call him your interior back up, but we need a Center a hell of a lot more than a Safety, the next biggest need.
Kampman74

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
5thStringQB wrote:

1. Safety
2. TE
3. Interior Depth
I'm not saying in the 1st, but it is certainly THE biggest need on this team, especially with EDS in a contract year. What about Tretter? He has a broken ankle and to my knowledge has never taken a snap at Center. (a huge disservice from our staff if you ask me. we knew he wasn't winning that RT competition) which means we can basically expect what we saw from Barclay at Center from him. He's a big making a position move who cannot currently workout his legs. You can effectively scratch him as a viable option this year, and possibly even next year. Call him your interior back up, but we need a Center a hell of a lot more than a Safety, the next biggest need.

Tretter is on the PUP list and was expected to miss six-eight months and this injury happened in June. I will cross him off for this year, but how is he not going to be a factor for next year? He should be fine by then.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: