Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Other Teams Cuts You'd Want Signed by Green Bay
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atari-XXX wrote:
Kal-El wrote:
Why would we want the bottom-of-the-barrel of all lesser teams? Neutral

Danny Woodhead and Danny Amendola got cut by their teams and were only good enough for practice squads.
Where they developed into roster worthy players. Developmental players are good. We have plenty f them on our roster already at all of the positions that aren't annoying to learn.

Players like Harris who slip through the cracks don't happen often. You can't expect to rely on that. High percentage of those guys never pan out.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
Atari-XXX wrote:
Kal-El wrote:

Danny Woodhead and Danny Amendola got cut by their teams and were only good enough for practice squads.
Where they developed into roster worthy players. Developmental players are good. We have plenty f them on our roster already at all of the positions that aren't annoying to learn.

Players like Harris who slip through the cracks don't happen often. You can't expect to rely on that. High percentage of those guys never pan out.

I'm not asking to rely on it. I just don't think it should be not allowed to discuss some of the other cuts merits on our roster, even if they shouldn't make it. I love talking the low level players. Instead it's too often heckled that they usually don't make it. Sure.

Doesn't mean it should be off limits for discussion which is how I feel some posters have been pushing it.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
Atari-XXX wrote:
Kal-El wrote:

I'm not asking to rely on it. I just don't think it should be not allowed to discuss some of the other cuts merits on our roster, even if they shouldn't make it. I love talking the low level players. Instead it's too often heckled that they usually don't make it. Sure.

Doesn't mean it should be off limits for discussion which is how I feel some posters have been pushing it.
I reiterate. Tramon Williams, Danny Woodhead, Danny Amendola. Developmental low level players are what make this game and are much more available.

Unfortunately the places we could use a guy like that are not only thin, but also some of the hardest positions to learn on this team.

That's not to say there aren't nice pieces on the market, But we already have good developmental guys there. If only we weren't so roll ready at WR... The guys ripe for picking there make me drool. An LOLB would be cool, so would a SILB. FS and C are definitely a need. Promising young T are always in demand and I expect we'll kick the tires on one when we make the PS. Probably one of those really nice FB prospects too. Boren and Wilson are homeless right now and I'd take either over Amosa. We already have guys most of there though. I expect next year will be a big waiver year for us with all the expiring contracts. Not so much this year though, especially this late.
Gopackgonerd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarrett Boykin would be one of those too. But I think he was picked up before training camp. I don't remember.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never hurts to take a chance on someone else's scraps

HyponGrey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
Why am I not surprised to hear that from a Vikings fan? Laughing
Kal-El

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atari-XXX wrote:
Kal-El wrote:

I'm late to this, but developmental guys are another thing entirely, and it's not like our team doesn't go that route regularly. We've always actively recruited guys from other teams to our PS, but that's exactly it: you stash those guys on the PS, not the roster. If they don't actually develop into good players, it's just a waste of a roster spot from someone who may not have a high ceiling but with whom you know what you have and is good enough at what they do.

For every one Danny Amendola there are probably about 50 Torrey Gurleys.

HyponGrey wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
Why am I not surprised to hear that from a Vikings fan? Laughing

Right? Surely Minnesota has more recent examples, and plenty more than one. Wink

Pro-Johnny Footbawl.
Revel8

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
av wrote:
if healthy josh cribs, that would end the return problem

I really like this idea. We haven't had a high end returner since....Desmond Howard maybe? Ross and Hyde are too raw. I doubt many will agree with you/I on Cribbs though. Standard "Lulz the Raiders cut him he must be no good" comment even though we as fans typically have no idea specifically why a guy was cut.

He was dropped because he hasn't recovered from his knee surgery. He may not ever recover. Reports are that he now lacks his normal burst and that Cribbs' career may be over.

Hyde looks like he could be a natural at returning punts in games. We'll see what he does in the 4th preseason game. Depending on that and how much work they want to give him, he may end up as the Packers' punt returner.
blankman0021

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody have an opinion of JíMarcus Webb? Looks like he was just cut by Chicago. I know their line isn't usually very enviable, but Webb seems like a guy who could come in and at least back up both of our T spots and get us out of a jam playing G too. I'm lukewarm on signing him to a deal, but I would bring him aboard before I'd give a roster spot to Taylor. After our starting 5 + Newhouse it is all sorts of unimpressive.

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
spilltray

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:
Anybody have an opinion of JíMarcus Webb? Looks like he was just cut by Chicago. I know their line isn't usually very enviable, but Webb seems like a guy who could come in and at least back up both of our T spots and get us out of a jam playing G too. I'm lukewarm on signing him to a deal, but I would bring him aboard before I'd give a roster spot to Taylor. After our starting 5 + Newhouse it is all sorts of unimpressive.

Webb might just be worse than Newhouse. He really isn't very good at either T spot. That's why as bad as the Bears OL is, he couldn't even make the team.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
blankman0021

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
blankman0021 wrote:

Webb might just be worse than Newhouse. He really isn't very good at either T spot. That's why as bad as the Bears OL is, he couldn't even make the team.

Fair enough. Is he really not an improvement over Taylor though? I'm not making a case for him, I honestly just don't know anything outside of him being a below avg starter for the bears the last few years.

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
spilltray

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:
spilltray wrote:
blankman0021 wrote:

Fair enough. Is he really not an improvement over Taylor though? I'm not making a case for him, I honestly just don't know anything outside of him being a below avg starter for the bears the last few years.

Webb is as good as he's likely to get and has been worse the few looks he's gotten at G than he has at T. At least Taylor has upside and could grow. He's also cheaper than a vested vet. The only reason to look at Webb would be as a T and he'd still be the #4 T on this roster at best.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zebrie Sanders>Ham Sandwich>>>>>J'Marcus Webb
Jsitton71#

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:
Didn't this guy give up like 6 sacks to Clay in week two? I was at that game and he was abused by Matthews that whole game. Cutler was so pissed at Webb he gave him an angry chest bump after one sack Laughing
CutList

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was Dallas Reynolds serviceable for the Eagles last year? Would he be an improvement over Van Roten?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 5 of 11

Jump to: