Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bye bye Flynn
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Did someone just compare Pryor to Michael Jordan while telling us all about his meaningless college accomplishments?

That's my exit.

Highschool even

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wizardg wrote:
TP's talent level is Jordanic. Some don't have the vision to see that his athleticsm makes his teammates better, as they say in basketball. TP makes his line and his recievers and his backs appea to be better.

Wow. Just wow. I don't even.

bungleodeon wrote:
Sorry, it's Tuesday and that means I drink.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
wizardg wrote:
Big Red and DA tried to hand the job to Flynn.

Right now Seattle has to be laughing at us.
Why?
We gave them 2 picks for Flynn and he's recieving a garaunteed 6mil. For what?
Was there a bidding war for this guy?
Guys like Flynn you get as UFAs ...

My gripe with DA is that Mark D had to make DA play Pryor last year.

Big Red and DA's Flynn love may cost them their jobs. Because it is the cherry on top of several offensive mistakes. They appear to be lost when it comes to offense.

Here's my case for Pryor over Flynn

1. TP was the #1 player (QB) in the country as a High Schooler.

2. He was a major star in College. Only Cam had a higher QB rating of the rookies who came in his year. 3 are now starters in Cinn, Minn, and Tenn.

3. He's great at the things that you can't really teach. The areas he needs to work on are teachable.

4. TP's talent level is Jordanic. Some don't have the vision to see that his athleticsm makes his teammates better, as they say in basketball. TP makes his line and his recievers and his backs appea to be better.

How?
a. he helps the line because he is prob the hardest QB to sack in the NFL.
b. when he scrambles or rolls his speed and the threat he could take it to the house causes DBs to lose his WRs.
c. The threat of his run creats opening for the RBs.

the easiert way to defend TP is when the OC calls run-run-pass. It's hardest to defend him when the OC calls. pass-pass-pass-run-pass-pass-run.

Because any pass play for him is a potential run as well. And the more pass plays the OC calls the more frustrated and tired the DL becomes and the more relaxed TP gets because he doesn't have only one chance out of three plays to make a play. That's when he begins to take over games.

Last but not the least of my arguments is that Flynn is a bum. Just like Josh McClown was a bum.
Flynn is no better than Trent Edwards.

Flynn had a low ceiling but a floor that was higher than Pryors. Now I like Pryor Im not to sure on him but I like his abilities and potential and he has shown some growth.

To be honest we didn't give up the much for Flynn, the two second rounders were low and 6 million isn't a ton in the grand scheme of things. Besides he was only signed for 2 years. I also like it because in this situation we can promote Pryor as opposed to Palmer who's reputation and talent would demand that he remain the starter.

I am pro Pryor because he does give us the best opportunity to win right now.

we gave up 2 second rounders for flynn??

i thought it was a 5th

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
DirtyHarry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
wizardg wrote:

Why?

Big Red and DA's Flynn love may cost them their jobs. Because it is the cherry on top of several offensive mistakes. They appear to be lost when it comes to offense.

2. He was a major star in College. Only Cam had a higher QB rating of the rookies who came in his year. 3 are now starters in Cinn, Minn, and Tenn.

3. He's great at the things that you can't really teach. The areas he needs to work on are teachable.

4. TP's talent level is Jordanic. Some don't have the vision to see that his athleticsm makes his teammates better, as they say in basketball. TP makes his line and his recievers and his backs appea to be better.

How?
b. when he scrambles or rolls his speed and the threat he could take it to the house causes DBs to lose his WRs.

the easiert way to defend TP is when the OC calls run-run-pass. It's hardest to defend him when the OC calls. pass-pass-pass-run-pass-pass-run.

Because any pass play for him is a potential run as well. And the more pass plays the OC calls the more frustrated and tired the DL becomes and the more relaxed TP gets because he doesn't have only one chance out of three plays to make a play. That's when he begins to take over games.

Last but not the least of my arguments is that Flynn is a bum. Just like Josh McClown was a bum.

Flynn had a low ceiling but a floor that was higher than Pryors. Now I like Pryor Im not to sure on him but I like his abilities and potential and he has shown some growth.

To be honest we didn't give up the much for Flynn, the two second rounders were low and 6 million isn't a ton in the grand scheme of things. Besides he was only signed for 2 years. I also like it because in this situation we can promote Pryor as opposed to Palmer who's reputation and talent would demand that he remain the starter.

i thought it was a 5th

Obviously a typo 2 low round picks

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

This game should definitely bring some lulz from the Raiders side.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
wizardg wrote:
TP's talent level is Jordanic. Some don't have the vision to see that his athleticsm makes his teammates better, as they say in basketball. TP makes his line and his recievers and his backs appea to be better.

surprised someone hasnt sig quoted that yet lol dam "Jordanic" Laughing

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
Chali21

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyHarry wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
wizardg wrote:

Why?

How?

i thought it was a 5th

Obviously a typo 2 low round picks

Yep thats what I meant. Embarassed

On the Raider's Staff
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Its like they're too incompetent to know they're incompetent.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
wizardg wrote:

surprised someone hasnt sig quoted that yet lol dam "Jordanic" Laughing

Yeah, ain't that something? Laughing

Yo, I've been bumping Pac for a while tonight too. Great for getting your swell on. West cost isn't so bad after all.

bungleodeon wrote:
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
wizardg wrote:

Right.... it's this over inflated nonsense that gets under my skin.

Why in the hell can't we just see the guy play and take it day by day. The Pryor fans are just like the Tebow fans. They just keep beating you over the head w/ their outlandish opinions until you want to puke.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
wizardg wrote:

Why in the hell can't we just see the guy play and take it day by day. The Pryor fans are just like the Tebow fans. They just keep beating you over the head w/ their outlandish opinions until you want to puke.

TP's puke is "Jordanic" fwiw Laughing

thats my new fav word Laughing

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
wizardg wrote:

I'm wondering what's going to happen if Pryor plays like he did against the Saints (who have one of the worst defenses in the NFL). Seahawks have one of the best. What if his stat line is like 7/18 90 yards and 3 picks?
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
wizardg wrote:

I'm wondering what's going to happen if Pryor plays like he did against the Saints (who have one of the worst defenses in the NFL). Seahawks have one of the best. What if his stat line is like 7/18 90 yards and 3 picks?

I've wondered too. Pandemonium ensues, I would imagine.

bungleodeon wrote:
dante9876

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
wizardg wrote:

we get to watch flynn throw ducks for the first 3 weeks of the season while having his arm iced in between each quarter
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
wizardg wrote:

Go directly to the apologist handbook:

WR have got to work harder to get open.
The OL has to maintain their blocks better.
Blame the playcalling.
Blame lack of support from the organization.
Blame the defense that will be on the field FOREVER with all the 3 and outs we'll see.
Blame injuries.
Cite the margin of loss as a moral victory
Cite how excited you were

or the best "go to" he just needs more time, another season, etc. etc.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can Matt Flynn hold field goals.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
wizardg wrote:

Go directly to the apologist handbook:

WR have got to work harder to get open.
The OL has to maintain their blocks better.
Blame the playcalling.
Blame lack of support from the organization.
Blame the defense that will be on the field FOREVER with all the 3 and outs we'll see.
Blame injuries.
Cite the margin of loss as a moral victory
Cite how excited you were

or the best "go to" he just needs more time, another season, etc. etc.

sounds like you were talking about every qb we've had the last decade Laughing

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: