Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Top 3 Team Needs Based on Preseason performance & Roster

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Top 3 Team Needs Based on Preseason performance & Roster Reply with quote

What do you see as the 3 biggest weaknesses or needs for this years team?

...you have a forum resume?
sp6488

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting question. I'm going to assume you mean holes/weaknesses/needs of the 2013 roster, not following this season (i.e. expiring contracts, etc.). Here goes:

WR - Torrey Smith is a beast, plain and simple, but after him it gets a bit murky. At this point nobody has really jumped up and grabbed the #2 WR spot. Jacoby Jones is the tentative #2/3 but will be handling KR/PR duties and has never shown himself to be super reliable. Brandon Stokley has good hands, but that's about it. Tandon Doss, Marlon Brown, Deonte Thompson, LaQuan Williams and Aaron Mellette haven't done anything to this point to make anyone forget about Boldin, but I think I'm most hopeful for Brown/Williams.

TE - Pitta injury hurt. Early injuries to Ed Dickson and the inability of Shiancoe (since cut) to catch the ball lead to Ozzie signing the previously teamless Dallas Clark. A lot of people are high on Furstenburg, UDFA from Maryland, but this position is certainly not the strength it looked to be prior to TC.

OT (depth specifically) - Our OT's aren't great to begin with, but the depth really makes me not like this position. Oline depth across the board is pretty weak, but I do like what I've heard about Wagner, who projects more to guard than OT by many accounts. Jah Reid is not very inspiring at OG either, but I think we are in more trouble if McKinnie or Oher going down than one of KO or Yanda. I realize the way this is coming out is really awkward, so let me try to summarize. I don't love our tackle pair and I also think the depth we have behind them is dangerous if we're forced to play them.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^If one of our tackles goes down we'd probably have to shift one of our starting guards outside. It'll cripple our running game but it's probably the only way to keep Flacco alive.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: