Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What is our biggest area of weakness?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What aspect is the worst?
Pass Protection (Oline/TE)
50%
 50%  [ 17 ]
Passing (QB/WR/TE)
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Run Blocking (Oline/TE)
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Rushing (RB/FB)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Pass Rush (Dline/LBers)
17%
 17%  [ 6 ]
Run Defence (Dline/LBers)
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Pass defence (CBs/S's/LB's)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other
14%
 14%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 34

SilverLining

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This team is simply weak everywhere you look. I chose the defensive pass rush as it hasn't been seen in the preseason yet. I too am one that would like to see us go after Michael Oher in the offseason, that way we can go Pass rush with Clowney in the draft if we are in the spot to get him. I would not go quarterback in the 1st unless Clowney is gone simply because we do not have a strong enough supporting cast for a rookie qb. I say fix the trenches. As far as Reggie Mckenzie goes, I think his future rides on next offseason and what he's able to put together with the draft and all that cap money. I think if we are not at least an .500 team with all that cap money and drafting he may be gone, along with the coaches. Right now with the way the offense looks, I think we hired another bad offensive coordinator.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Dessie wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
The Raiders remind me of the scene in "Training Day" where they are discussing whose going to take the hit for the mess someone else created. This is the Day of Reckoning that we all knew was eventually coming if the Raiders were ever going to be a modern organization. Yet even in knowing this someone must be held accountable for holding the bag when the music stops.

Imo, the Ted Thompson model will not work for this team. Had Ted Thompson not lucked into Aaron Rogers I am confident that he'd be out of work by now. GB has had some notable FA signings but they few and far between compared to the Ravens, a model organization, who also builds through the draft but also supplements well through FA.

In retrospect Allen is an excellent coach who won't be out of work long enough for his coffee to go cold but he may be more Norv Turner than Jeff Fisher and McKenzie, who has proven he has a strong command of the salary cap and how to manage a small market team, is more Director of Player Personnel than GM. I say this knowing how much I like McKenzie's transparent Saber-Metric approach and his proficiency in the back end of the draft. However, regardless of whether it's fair McKenzie has to hit on his early draft picks.

Allen is as good as gone as he doesn't have the bullets for an extended gunfight. It will be expensive but if McKenzie is gone then somehow Mark Davis must pry DeCosta away from the Ravens.

I suppose the Patriots lucked into Brady,the 49ers Montana, etc etc such lame reasoning.They could have easily passed on Rodgers, they had Favre and a lot of people were predicting Rodgers would come to nothing. The fact is they took him, let him sit and learn for a couple of years until he was ready, that's not luck.

Thompson assembled his Super Bowl winning team mainly through the draft (despite what bitty says) built up the depth on the roster which they needed with the injuries they suffered and by good coaching. The difference being that the Packers believed in the process despite their '05 season being their worst for 15 years, stuck with the rebuild and were rewarded 5 years later. The Raiders need to show the same patience.

I don't know man packers roster is not overly impressive to me. He has an elite qb and elite coach that's what I give tt credit for. He has some good players don't give me wrong. But Rodgers and McCarthy system is what makes that thing work so well.

+1
Belichick was idiot in Cleveland but now he's a genius. The facts are most of the coaches in the NFL are very very smart but can't get the right players in place. I can't speak for Bill Walsh or Jim Harbaugh because they specifically targeted their guy, iirc. The Pats and GB kinda stuck to their board. If Rodgers didn't pan out when he could kept Farve and used that pick elsewhere he would be looking for a job. TT was already on the hot seat and at one time the fanbase loathed him.

As a TT disciple I said on the day McKenzie got hired that he would definitely be on the hottest seat before he either turned it around or got fired using the TT model. I'm not going so far as to agree with bitty but I don't like GB's roster (or the way they do things) all that much outside of Rodgers. However, the TT model is excellent for small market team salary cap management.

I've been agreeing w/ everything you say lately and this is no exception.

I always advocate coaches being as good as the talent that surrounds them. A franchise QB can really make a coaches job easier. Which is why I find it funny when fans are ready to bury a coach like Allen early when he hasn't had the time to acquire the talent needed to be successful.

I'm also an advocate of the Ravens model for building a roster. Everyone looks at who they lost this offseason and thinks they are going to fall off. But when you look at the bargain FA pieces they added and the way they worked the draft, you can see they fill voids and upgrade where needed. They've managed to keep a high level of talent for a decade and compete year in and out. Which is very impressive considering the ho hum QBs they've had over the years.

+1000

FIX the trenches!
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

didnt want to start a new thread but..... who do you guys think is our best pass rushing option or lets say top 3?

Id like to see more of bass with the #1's

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
DirtyHarry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andre carter and everybody else I guess. Bass is making too much of a jump IMHO from Missouri western state to NFl. Houston is a natural DT now he's slim and told to play DE.

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

This game should definitely bring some lulz from the Raiders side.
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:

Me too man. Bass looks like a steal. Or atleast he did in the NO game.

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously the whole team has a lot of holes, but for me, the biggest weakness of our team is the trenches.

Defensive line & offensive line are the only positions I care about addressing right now. Nothing else will matter if both sides of the line remain the way they currently are.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

Me too man. Bass looks like a steal. Or atleast he did in the NO game.

ditto. Extremely intriguing prospect.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:
Obviously the whole team has a lot of holes, but for me, the biggest weakness of our team is the trenches.

Defensive line & offensive line are the only positions I care about addressing right now. Nothing else will matter if both sides of the line remain the way they currently are.

+1000

Beating the drum on this for awhile.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: