Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings Forum Fantasy Football League Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swiss_vike

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also, you don't win ff leagues without taking risks.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swiss_vike wrote:
if people are getting morris for 10, you are way overpaying bush for 28.

I think that was last year before he became someone he was gotten for $10 and so the person is keeping him for $10, not that he is currently going for $10.

PaulWall_23

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
swiss_vike wrote:
if people are getting morris for 10, you are way overpaying bush for 28.

I think that was last year before he became someone he was gotten for $10 and so the person is keeping him for $10, not that he is currently going for $10.

Correct. All FA's can be kept for $10. Every player drafted costs $5 more to draft (2 keep cap). Really fun format, I highly suggest.
swiss_vike

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So one gets to keep Morris for 10 and one gets to keep Bush for 28. It's still too much a price to pay for Bush. I'd rather pay a +5 in the draft for a better prospect and let somebody bite to get Bush for 33.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad we already have people making moves before waivers...
jshowers

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Glad we already have people making moves before waivers...

Got to. Lol
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a personal pet peave of mine for fantasy sports. Guys don't like their drafts, or find someone better that they should have drafted and moves are made before there is any structure in place to reward players based on merit
Big_D88

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Just a personal pet peave of mine for fantasy sports. Guys don't like their drafts, or find someone better that they should have drafted and moves are made before there is any structure in place to reward players based on merit

Im one of the people making moves. I don't understand why you wouldn't want to make move before the season, as new information comes up, your choices on who is best change for your team. I dropped Dexter McCluster for Kembrell Thompkins because of the move up depth chart by Thompkins which significantly increases his value. I added Harris because he was atop the packers depth chart (now out on I.R.) so I added Redman who is starting now because of injury to Bell.

Vikings Forum ESPN League Fantasy Football 2010 Champion
wcblack34

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:

That's the problem with having a draft so early. The drafts for my other leagues are all within a week of the first regular season game.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big_D88 wrote:
Im one of the people making moves. I don't understand why you wouldn't want to make move before the season, as new information comes up, your choices on who is best change for your team. I dropped Dexter McCluster for Kembrell Thompkins because of the move up depth chart by Thompkins which significantly increases his value. I added Harris because he was atop the packers depth chart (now out on I.R.) so I added Redman who is starting now because of injury to Bell.

Because it skirts the rules, that's why it's a pet peeve of mine. There is no waiver order so players can just be dropped and added at will. Tyler Eifert has already been a part of a few roster moves. Players, such as Thompkins, should be awarded to those who actually need them, once a waiver order has been established.

Right now, it's whoever can get to the computer and spend the most time on it who gets the player they want/need. It's just something that's in that grey area, and I personally don't like it. However, it's not against the rules that have been established so as much as I don't like it, I'll accept it.
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Big_D88 wrote:

Because it skirts the rules, that's why it's a pet peeve of mine. There is no waiver order so players can just be dropped and added at will. Tyler Eifert has already been a part of a few roster moves. Players, such as Thompkins, should be awarded to those who actually need them, once a waiver order has been established.

Right now, it's whoever can get to the computer and spend the most time on it who gets the player they want/need. It's just something that's in that grey area, and I personally don't like it. However, it's not against the rules that have been established so as much as I don't like it, I'll accept it.

Never thought about it that way. I will definitely address that in my future leagues.

Todd Gurley to Minnesota!
JDBrocks

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Issues like this are why I like to set up FAAB. You get 100 bucks and once it's gone you are left with free agents.

Josh Ritter wrote:
I became a thin blue wire, that held the world above the fire
wcblack34

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally: LET THE GAMES BEGIN!
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I get for participating in a draft before doing much of my scouting Laughing

I'm not going to have any RB's worth a darn this year. Good thing I have my two other leagues to fall back on Smile
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
This is what I get for participating in a draft before doing much of my scouting Laughing

I'm not going to have any RB's worth a darn this year. Good thing I have my two other leagues to fall back on Smile

Yikes, left Boldin on the bench.

It was a pretty good week for me. 145 and counting. Cool

Todd Gurley to Minnesota!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 21 of 23

Jump to: