Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Depth Chart officially releashed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Depth Chart officially releashed Reply with quote

http://www.bengals.com/team/depth-chart.html

Obviously not set in stone yet, but some notable things are...

George Iloka the starting SS
Mohamed Sanu the starting #2WR
Orson Charles now at FB instead of TE
Brandon Ghee is ranked ahead of Dre Kirkpatrick
Vincent Rey is now the backup MLB while Emmanuel Lamur and Sean Porter are the backup OLB's.
theJ

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the one that Marvin is required to submit, correct?

I'm not sure i buy too much into what this says, yet. Especially since Shawn Williams is listed as the 3rd SS, behind Mays. Somehow, i don't see that happening.

EDIT: OOOOOHHHH, but look, Dunlap is listed as the starter over Geathers. Haha, yeah definitely not buying it yet.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah he had to release the depth chart now because of that National Televised game next week against the Falcons.

Dunlap was ranked as the starter at the start of preseason last year too. But as soon as he got hurt, he never got another chance.

The depth chart on bengals.com doesnt seem to update much anyway once the season starts, but now everyone gets a sneak peak where it all stacks out.
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly these things mean nothing and the positioning of players is mostly based on your experience. The longer you are with the team, the higher along the depth chart you'll be. You don't wanna give rookies the idea that they are just being handed jobs.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedGreenShow wrote:
Honestly these things mean nothing and the positioning of players is mostly based on your experience. The longer you are with the team, the higher along the depth chart you'll be. You don't wanna give rookies the idea that they are just being handed jobs.

Yep. Dre and Williams in particular I doubt are that far down the depth chart. According to this Tate is listed above Hawkins, and this was likely drafted before Hawkins got hurt.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well like I said before, its not set in stone yet. I do believe that this will be the order of whos gonna get the reps first in that first preseason game though

If your ranked as a starter, chances are that your gonna be the guy in week 1 unless your hurt. Last years depth chart had only 3 guys that didnt start in week 1 (Travelle Wharton, Kyle Cook, and Carlos Dunlap) and all of them didnt start because they were injured.

And Marvin wont just go by experience in every case. If that was the case, Taylor Mays would be the starting SS, not Iloka.

So chances are your starters right now is what your looking at come week 1. The rest of the way is a mystery.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
EDIT: OOOOOHHHH, but look, Dunlap is listed as the starter over Geathers. Haha, yeah definitely not buying it yet.

Maybe Marvin finally got my letters?

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
theJ wrote:

Maybe Marvin finally got my letters?

Now you can finally stop cutting all those letters out of magazines to paste on paper!

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
MKnight82

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, I've been watching Hard Knocks like everyone else. I found it interesting when Zimmer mentioned Pacman and Terrance Newman this week as core guys he'd go to bat for. To my knowledge they haven't even shown Leon Hall on the program yet I had to come here to even see he was still on the team. Does he just have a quiet personality? I thought he was yalls best corner? Also, what the heck is with Dre Kirkpatrick running with the 3rd team?

Redskins FFMD War Room
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=541707
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Hey guys, I've been watching Hard Knocks like everyone else. I found it interesting when Zimmer mentioned Pacman and Terrance Newman this week as core guys he'd go to bat for. To my knowledge they haven't even shown Leon Hall on the program yet I had to come here to even see he was still on the team. Does he just have a quiet personality? I thought he was yalls best corner? Also, what the heck is with Dre Kirkpatrick running with the 3rd team?

the reason he said that was because they were viewed around the league as has-beens and done with football. He has turned their careers around and made them productive football players again. Leon Hall has been shown on hard knocks a couple times. He's not really vocal, but yes he is still our #1 corner. Dre Kirkpatrick is the 4th/5th corner right now, because of our depth at corner, and his injury last year kept him off the field, so basically this year is his rookie year. He will no doubt move up as the season progresses, but he has to earn it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:

Leon Hall is the unquestioned leader of the secondary (Corners and Safeties). Zimmer absolutely LOVES him and has stated previously that his secondary is built around him. No issues there, Hard Knocks just doesn't seem to find him interesting Smile

After Geno Atkins, Hall is the most important player on our defense atm. Dunlap, Burfit and Dre improving could change that but for now it's those two.

Regarding Dre, he should be 2nd string. What I think is going to happen is Hall and Newman are the top 2 corners. In Nickel situations Hall moves inside, with Pacman and Newman on the outside. If Teams go to 4 receiver sets Dre gets in. After Hall, Newman and Pacman, Dre should get the most playing time. Wouldn't ben surprised if he jumps Pacman on the depth chart sometime this season...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats the deal with Dontay Moch? Thought he would be a solid LB, but was hyped with his speed, and see he's ~10th on the DL chart, is there a feeling he'll be released and if so, whats his issue?

#JDI
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
Whats the deal with Dontay Moch? Thought he would be a solid LB, but was hyped with his speed, and see he's ~10th on the DL chart, is there a feeling he'll be released and if so, whats his issue?

He hasn't been healthy. They tried switching him to LB which slowed his development. Has looked better recently but I don't see him making the team

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: