Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

PRESEASON, WEEK 3: SAINTS (2-0) vs. TEXANS (2-0)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harper41

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean, Tanner is basically getting paid by the Saints to sit around a lot of the time. I don't think he's complaining.

Not entirely sure on it, but if he signs a contract, and then gets cut a few days later. He still gets a portion of that contract right? I mean, he's probably making pretty decent money to play football for a couple days every once in a while Laughing

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
domepatrol91

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NS922 wrote:
Can you guys stop calling him RG4? That's so lame Laughing

And it makes no sense. If anything he should be RG1, like I said when we signed him.

2014 Adopt a Saint
Brandin Cooks -
Corey White -
domepatrol91

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been much happier with our GDTs this season. Much better participation all around, I don't feel like I'm talking to myself. Laughing

2014 Adopt a Saint
Brandin Cooks -
Corey White -
Porter22

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
Porter22 wrote:
33 times that Tanner has been released or resigned. This guy deserves to make the roster!!

The 53 best players deserve to make the roster. He needs to prove he's one of those 53. He may very well be and may very well make the team, but giving guys charity roster spots is a terrible way to run an organization.

Yeah sure he needs to deserve it, but watching him tonight, he is one of the best 53 players. He makes a lot of plays on special teams and looks like a solid receiver. Won't even give him a bonus because of those 33 moves, but I would be very happy for him to make the roster!

QB Drew Brees -

DB Patrick Robinson -
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Victory!

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan:
domepatrol91

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porter22 wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
Porter22 wrote:
33 times that Tanner has been released or resigned. This guy deserves to make the roster!!

The 53 best players deserve to make the roster. He needs to prove he's one of those 53. He may very well be and may very well make the team, but giving guys charity roster spots is a terrible way to run an organization.

Yeah sure he needs to deserve it, but watching him tonight, he is one of the best 53 players. He makes a lot of plays on special teams and looks like a solid receiver. Won't even give him a bonus because of those 33 moves, but I would be very happy for him to make the roster!

Fair enough, but do we carry 6 WRs or does he take Preston Parkers spot as the #5? If the latter, I want to remind you of Parkers 4 catch 2 TD game in which he was just as impressive as Tanner was tonight, not to mention he appears to be a favorite as a return man.

It's fine if you think Tanner makes the team, I just don't know who's spot he takes or if you think we're gonna run with 6 WRs. I don't know if Tanner is one of the best 53. Right now I think he's one of the best 55. He has to leave it all on the field next week if he wants to make the team.

2014 Adopt a Saint
Brandin Cooks -
Corey White -

Last edited by domepatrol91 on Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
krewebrees

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
Porter22 wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
Porter22 wrote:

Fair enough, but do we carry 6 WRs or does he take Preston Parkers spot as the #5? If the latter, I want to remind you of Parkers 4 catch 2 TD game in which he was just as impressive as Tanner was tonight, not to mention he appears to be a favorite as a return man.

It's fine if you think Tanner makes the team, I just don't know who's spot he takes or if you think we're gonna run with 6 WRs.

I think y'all r looking at WR too closely. I see us carrying 16-17 O skill. 12 spots are already taken. So 4-5 spots for grabs between: Griffin Cadet Robinson Johnson Higgins Hill Milton Roby Parker Tanner Hakim and Toone. We can probably get rid of Hill Milton Hakim and Toone. I don't see a point in carrying 3 QBs or 2 FBs.

So really just Cadet Robinson Higgins Roby Parker and Tanner for 4-5 spots.

Adopt a Saint 2014
Jimmy Graham:
Glenn Foster:
domepatrol91

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krewebrees wrote:
I don't see a point in carrying 3 QBs or 2 FBs.
Sean Payton begs to differ, remember Jed Collins and that former Packers FB were on the roster for the 2011 season. Now, I don't see that happening again, but if Austin looks great next week or Collins isn't totally healthy it's possible.

2014 Adopt a Saint
Brandin Cooks -
Corey White -
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
NS922 wrote:
Can you guys stop calling him RG4? That's so lame Laughing

And it makes no sense. If anything he should be RG1, like I said when we signed him.

I'm just too lazy to type out anything else. Laughing

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan:
SaintsBeast

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
krewebrees wrote:
Sean Payton begs to differ, remember Jed Collins and that former Packers FB were on the roster for the 2011 season. Now, I don't see that happening again, but if Austin looks great next week or Collins isn't totally healthy it's possible.

The guy we had in tonight was phenomenal. Line him and Collins up in front of Ingram and run a power sweep?? End zone.

2012 Adopt-A-Saint:
Martez Wilson, DE: 1 Sack, 6 Tackles, 1 FF, 1 Punt Block
Will Smith, DE: 2 Sacks, 22 Tackles, 0 FF
FLOODx

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it was AJ80, but Keenan Lewis looked bad today in coverage. Lackluster trying to make tackles in the open field. Hopefully he looks better in the regular season.

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
domepatrol91

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
krewebrees wrote:

I'd like to add that we carried 2 Ks one season as well. Payton makes no sense sometimes. Laughing

2014 Adopt a Saint
Brandin Cooks -
Corey White -
SWATcha

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:
I know it was AJ80, but Keenan Lewis looked bad today in coverage. Lackluster trying to make tackles in the open field. Hopefully he looks better in the regular season.

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking this. It wasn't just against the Texans though. I think he's looked pretty bad all preseason. Confused

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
I've been much happier with our GDTs this season. Much better participation all around, I don't feel like I'm talking to myself. Laughing
mayhaps we can all start stealing your icon and sig, so you get sketched out when it looks like the same person having a multi way conversation with himself Laughing

Also, I reaaaaaally don't want to say this, because no matter how much I may deny it, there's no way this isn't influenced by the preseason. But watching the games and seeing Payton and seeing Brees and seeing everyone else this year... I don't know, I just have that feeling that we are going to be a serious contender this year. I definitely didn't think we were on the decline or anything anyway, but it's odd, I don't see our 2012 team when I look at our guys, I'm seeing our 2011, 2010 and 2009 teams.
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:

I've seen some old ones and most of them were lucky to get more than 3 pages. Laughing

We've got some new faces around here (including myself) so I'd assume that has something to do with it.

Speaking of which, Dolphins GDT coming up in a second.

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: