Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packers roster cutdowns: WR Hines, DT Pena, WR Wilson
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramonesfan wrote:
Per Jonathan Franklin's Twitter

Quote:
I've been down but i had to realize my God isn't football but my God is awesome and as long as i have him i have peace. My life is yours GOD

Quote:
With that said, I am thankful for My God humbling me to realize that, I'm here to be a light and God give me strength to do that!

What do you make of this? Seems kind of ominous...

I'm inclined to take most tweets about God that occur on a Sunday as something like "just got back from Church, and this is what I'm thinking about."
Pugger

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramonesfan wrote:

Quote:
I've been down but i had to realize my God isn't football but my God is awesome and as long as i have him i have peace. My life is yours GOD

Quote:
With that said, I am thankful for My God humbling me to realize that, I'm here to be a light and God give me strength to do that!

He has to know he hasn't had the best TC in NFL history. I have a feeling we'll keep him on the 53 but he'll be inactive for most games. I doubt we want to risk trying to sneak him onto the PS.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
ramonesfan wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

He has to know he hasn't had the best TC in NFL history. I have a feeling we'll keep him on the 53 but he'll be inactive for most games. I doubt we want to risk trying to sneak him onto the PS.

The difference between Lacy and the rest of the backs we have had in recent memory is vision. Lacy is the first back to go outside of what he's coached to do. Franklins doing what the coaches want him to, which makes him look bad because our run blocking stinks, fullback included. Alex Green is a victim of this too. But that's what happens when you take five tackles and put them together.
Kal-El

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was never really blown away by Jonathan Franklin as a prospect, to be honest. Sure, he's shifty, but he's too small to break many tackles and then I never saw him on "tape" and felt he was faster than mid-4.5 speed on the field.

I'd keep him around. With more work on blocking, he can develop into a better 3DRB than Alex Green, by virtue of being a better rusher already (not bad value for a 5th). I've just never seen him as someone who'll be stealing carries from Eddie Lacy... JMO.

Lorde <33333333
jfinley88

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tavecchio is gone... Crying or Very sad
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramonesfan wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Franklin in practice today. Guess that's settled
Gopackgonerd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
ramonesfan wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Franklin in practice today. Guess that's settled

I don't know why people think this guy is gonna get cut.. I don't see the point in it. Starks and Green haven't been amazingly better over this guy anyways.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: