Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fantasy outlook for the Falcons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McGahee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Fantasy outlook for the Falcons Reply with quote

Hi all, doing my prep for fantasy football and I wanted to ask about some of your key players.

1. I've got Matt Ryan as a backup QB option, is he primed for a Top 5 year?

2. What's the outlook on Steven Jackson? I've been burned twice by him - is he worth the pick in the 2nd round?

3. Is Gonzalez set to have another 50/800/8 year?

4. Any sleepers to consider on this team?

Thanks guys
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Fantasy outlook for the Falcons Reply with quote

McGahee wrote:
Hi all, doing my prep for fantasy football and I wanted to ask about some of your key players.

1. I've got Matt Ryan as a backup QB option, is he primed for a Top 5 year?

Yes, he is. With the weapons in this offense, Ryan can easily put up 5000.

Quote:
2. What's the outlook on Steven Jackson? I've been burned twice by him - is he worth the pick in the 2nd round?

Honestly, no. The Falcons are still a pass first team and Jackson isn't changing that. I don't think he breaks 1000, to tell you the truth. He's an RB2, and I'm not taking one in the second round.

Quote:
3. Is Gonzalez set to have another 50/800/8 year?

If he holds up physically, yes.

Quote:
4. Any sleepers to consider on this team?

Thanks guys

Drew Davis has been tearing it up in the preseason. He's still the #4 on the depth chart, but if he manages to get on the field, he could do damage.

Daboyle250 on the sig

Foster a Falcon: Thomas DeCoud

FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Ryan is certainly capable of a top 5 year, i think youre lookingat top 7 or 8th at worst.

2. Depends what you expect with Jackson. He sint a top 5 back anymore and likely isnt top 10. I feel he will be more helpful in real life opposed to fantasy as well. He'll be efficient but not flashy.

3. Yes

4. Only real break out guy I see if quizz rodgers. And by breakout Im think 1000 total yards from scrimmage and a handful of tds.
swoosh

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.) I have Ryan at #5 myself. There's questions about the offensive line, but his supporting cast is loaded with Roddy, Julio, TG, and now Jackson. I think unlike a lot of those QB's in that range, you're getting a guy who you know what you're going to get. There's a lot of question marks with Kaep, RG3, Wilson, etc.

2.) RB is weak, so I think Jackson is a solid option in the second (depending on your spot). He should see at least 250 carries, imo. Turner was a TD machine in Atlanta and I see no reason why Jackson won't rush for at least 10--something Turner did every season with the Falcons.

3.) I see Gonzo putting up a line of 75/750/7, so to answer your question yes. He's still a nice option at TE.

4.) Not unless someone gets injured.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Julio? Is he now the #1 WR and is he getting all the red-zone looks?

Would you take Julio over Demaryius, Marshall, AJ or Fitz?
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGahee wrote:
What about Julio? Is he now the #1 WR and is he getting all the red-zone looks?

Would you take Julio over Demaryius, Marshall, AJ or Fitz?

I would take him over all but AJ.

Daboyle250 on the sig

Foster a Falcon: Thomas DeCoud

FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
Mekias

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I'm a little conservative on Ryan until I see more of our new-look offensive line. Even so, I have Ryan slotted at #6 on my QB draft board. He finished #5 in my league's scoring in 2012. I agree that Ryan is safer and far less risky than guys who rely on running. For one thing, Ryan will take less hits than a guy like RG3.

2. Depends on if you're in a PPR league or not. I am so I have him ranked #9 for RBs. I think Jackson will grab 50 catches and score 10 TDs. Could be more. He might be able to hit 1000 yds rushing but not much more. Turner got 222 carries last year. I have Jackson at slightly more (~240) just because he won't come off the field as much.

3. Gonzo will almost certainly drop off from last year but Ryan has a lot of confidence in him. I'm guessing 82 catches, 820 yds, 7 TDs.

4. No sleepers unless an injury happens.

As for Julio, I have him ranked #6 WR. Roddy White #12. The ball gets spread around too much for either to be a top 3 WR. Roddy & Ryan have too good of a rapport for Julio to suddenly become a target hog.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: