Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Question of the Day: Who are the Yute leaders to be?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Question of the Day: Who are the Yute leaders to be? Reply with quote

Which Viking players are becoming and will become the leaders of the team? the ones who inspire others to push themselves beyond what they feel are their limits? who represents the Vikings and the Viking team tradition?

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Purplexing

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume the vets will play the roles of leaders until they retire or move to another team...

Allen, Sullivan, Greenway, Jennings, KWill, AP.

Years later, it may be Smith, Floyd, Kalil, Peterson, Ponder.
jshowers

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next generation of team leaders will likely include Harrison Smith and Matt Kalil.

Two sleepers that could become team captain/leader types are Erin Henderson and Rhett Ellison.

Mauti is a deep sleeper for this list if he ever gets on the field for an extended period of time.
Klomp

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harrison, Mauti, Jarius
usdvikes

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On offense I think it will be Jarius Wright one day. Every report I have read talks about his maturity and desire to better himself. With the addition of Greg Jennings, I think Jarius will learn to become a leader.

On Defense it sounds like Floyd has a great attitude to one day become a leader as well.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

usdvikes wrote:
On offense I think it will be Jarius Wright one day. Every report I have read talks about his maturity and desire to better himself. With the addition of Greg Jennings, I think Jarius will learn to become a leader.

On Defense it sounds like Floyd has a great attitude to one day become a leader as well.

I agree on Wright.

I also think Patterson has good leadership qualities as well, he seems like a very positive, energetic and charismatic person, those are traits that bode well in terms of leadership and having young players look to you for guidance.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frazier said that Kyle Rudolph is also growing as a leader in the locker room.

Frazier: "Kyle's going to be a good player for us this season without question. Some of the things that happened in that Pro Bowl, I really believe increased his confidence and him knowing that 'I can play with the best' has really showed up in practices. That's going to take a little bit of time, but you can see as he's gaining the experience. He's growing in that area as well."

http://www.kare11.com/news/article/1036692/24/Rudolph-grows-as-leader-blocker-in-Vikings-offense

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing that might be worth keeping in mind is that leadership in the NFL is often also related to performance. Your top performers often develop leadership skills and become the people the team looks to for direction.

My money is on Harrison Smith, Jarius Wright and Sharrif Floyd under Kevin Williams' tutelage fulfilling those roles. I doubt Ponder becomes that leader because a) I don't think the performance aspect will be there and b) I doubt he sticks around long enough. Smith, in my estimation, is already growing into that role.

Peppers90 on the sig.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:
One thing that might be worth keeping in mind is that leadership in the NFL is often also related to performance. Your top performers often develop leadership skills and become the people the team looks to for direction.

My money is on Harrison Smith, Jarius Wright and Sharrif Floyd under Kevin Williams' tutelage fulfilling those roles. I doubt Ponder becomes that leader because a) I don't think the performance aspect will be there and b) I doubt he sticks around long enough. Smith, in my estimation, is already growing into that role.

Smith is a good one. Another candidate is Jamarca Sanford, if he isnt already. Whether or not Sanford is starting, he seems to be a respected player and good veteran to have in the lockerroom. He was the first to reach out to Harvin while he was away, if i recall correctly.
Klomp

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Another candidate is Jamarca Sanford, if he isnt already. Whether or not Sanford is starting, he seems to be a respected player and good veteran to have in the lockerroom. He was the first to reach out to Harvin while he was away, if i recall correctly.

Is he a yute though?
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:

Smith is a good one. Another candidate is Jamarca Sanford, if he isnt already. Whether or not Sanford is starting, he seems to be a respected player and good veteran to have in the lockerroom. He was the first to reach out to Harvin while he was away, if i recall correctly.

And the franchise has put a lot of effort into developing him. He's improved each season. I could definitely see him being another player who fills that leader role; it's another reason I don't want to take a Safety high in next year's draft. I'd rather stick with the progressing Sanford.

Peppers90 on the sig.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Another candidate is Jamarca Sanford, if he isnt already. Whether or not Sanford is starting, he seems to be a respected player and good veteran to have in the lockerroom. He was the first to reach out to Harvin while he was away, if i recall correctly.

Is he a yute though?

He is 27 years old.
ArcticNorseman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say a yute would have to be any player that's 24 or younger and has been in the league 3 years or less . . .

On the Vikes, guys growing into the leadership role, I'd have to go with:
1. Ponder (very short leash on this choice though)
2. Rudolph
3. H Smith
4. Kalil
5. Rhodes
6. Floyd
7. Wright
8. Mauti

That covers about every portion of the team . . . I don't expect Walsh and Locke to be leaders, but as far as impact players --- most definitely!
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally don't like the inclusion of current rookies on a list like this, considering we have no idea if they are even going to be on the roster in 3 years, let alone be leaders.

Harrison Smith is a good choice, but including guys like Mauti is ridiculous at this point, because he might not even be on the roster in a week.

On offense, Rudolph and Wright are good choices (as well as Ponder, certainly), but I also think you have to look at a guy like Rhett Ellison, who is the new Jim Kleinsasser.

Thx to Uncle Buck!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: