Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Training Camp news
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavisIsland

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warpticon wrote:
I 100% disagree with the suggestion that the TD pass was lucky or a bad pass. I've watched it over and over and don't know what you're seeing. It's exactly the way guys like Manning and Brady make TD passes and get praise all the time. The ball was thrown on the inside while the receiver was on the outside. If the defender had looked back he would have had to go through Keller to get the ball.

Agreed. I feel that it was intended to be a back shoulder pass. Tannehill recognized that the defender was turned around and could not see his pass. Wasn't perfectly accurate, but got it in the area where Keller could grab it.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warpticon wrote:
I 100% disagree with the suggestion that the TD pass was lucky or a bad pass. I've watched it over and over and don't know what you're seeing. It's exactly the way guys like Manning and Brady make TD passes and get praise all the time. The ball was thrown on the inside while the defender was on the outside. If the defender had looked back he would have had to go through Keller to get the ball.

9 times out of 10 a TE never makes that catch. Maybe it was meant to be back shoulder but even if that was the intention it was a bad back shoulder pass. It was low and too far back.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
Warpticon wrote:
I 100% disagree with the suggestion that the TD pass was lucky or a bad pass. I've watched it over and over and don't know what you're seeing. It's exactly the way guys like Manning and Brady make TD passes and get praise all the time. The ball was thrown on the inside while the defender was on the outside. If the defender had looked back he would have had to go through Keller to get the ball.

9 times out of 10 a TE never makes that catch. Maybe it was meant to be back shoulder but even if that was the intention it was a bad back shoulder pass. It was low and too far back.

I think that pass was thrown because Keller was looking and the defender was not. In my opinion that factor was Tannehill's green light to attempt that pass. If the defender was looking, I think tannehill would have done something other than throw that ball.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
Pickle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
Warpticon wrote:

It was a smart throw, the defender wasn't looking and the tight end was...Tannehill threw it where only his receiver could catch it.

Sig: Ivana001
bpastermack

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might be the worst article I have ever seen?

http://www.knowitallfootball.com/2013/08/10/miami-dolphins-top-pick-dion-jordan-unimpressive-outings/

It completely misses on any context and assumes stats are everything. He played in all of 6 plays during the last preseason game. 1 tackle every 6 plays isn't too bad. lol

He is not and never was a pure pass rusher, and he is raw at the moment so his biggest impact shouldn't be until next year.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
This might be the worst article I have ever seen?

http://www.knowitallfootball.com/2013/08/10/miami-dolphins-top-pick-dion-jordan-unimpressive-outings/

It completely misses on any context and assumes stats are everything. He played in all of 6 plays during the last preseason game. 1 tackle every 6 plays isn't too bad. lol

He is not and never was a pure pass rusher, and he is raw at the moment so his biggest impact shouldn't be until next year.

What did I just read? I don't understand how the stat line of two preseason games that this guys may not have even watched could possibly seem like a solid basis for writing a story.

hahaha I guess anyone can be a sports writer today with the internet.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

- Nate Garner suffered a "bad" shoulder injury
- Jordan tweaked his repaired shoulder vs. Jax
- Jerry is back on the practice field
bpastermack

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry did individual drills and Louis looked pretty good, but Samuda was the starter today at RG in team drills.

Tannehill sounds like he had his best practice yet, hitting a ton of middle of the field stuff to Keller and even a deep ball to Wallace. A nice back shoulder pass to Clay. It was the first time I've heard them say he got into a rhythm. There is hope yet!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like OV has won the Starting DE job...

Starting DL week 1?

Wake----Soliei----Odrick----Vernon

Martin was singled out as being one of the most improved players this camp.

Will Yeatman has been coming on strong as of late.

Jamar Taylor practicing...finally...

I am really starting to like Will Davis and hope to see him has a major contributor...the term "ball hawk" get used a lot, but this guy is one....led the team in picks during camp and seems to always be around the ball.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Looks like OV has won the Starting DE job...

Starting DL week 1?

Wake----Soliei----Odrick----Vernon

Looks about right with Jordan as the situational pass rusher and when starks gets healthy he will rotate with Odrick and Soliei on the inside. Shelby and Martin should see some PT as well on the outside and Randall on the inside

Martin was singled out as being one of the most improved players this camp.

This is the good news from camp so far. Looks like he started out shaky but the fact that he has worked his way up to being average already tells me that the potential is there to be an above average LT.

Will Yeatman has been coming on strong as of late.

I kind of figured all along he would be a solid backup for us. He struggled the first week of camp, so it's nice to see him finally doing well and solidifying that backup spot for us.

Jamar Taylor practicing...finally...

He has a long way to go to being good enough to even make the active roster on week one.

I am really starting to like Will Davis and hope to see him has a major contributor...the term "ball hawk" get used a lot, but this guy is one....led the team in picks during camp and seems to always be around the ball.

I'd love to see Will lock down the nickle spot over the slot. If he can cover the Wes Welker's of the world for us and force some turnovers in the process, then it would really help this defense out a ton, and make one of either Patterson or Marshall expendable next offseason.

Also, it should be noted that Tanny has had like 3 straight solid practices and is starting to get into a little more of a rhythm with the new talent. He has hit some deep balls and slants to Wallace and a lot of over the middle seam stuff to Keller. Still needs to improve, but it's nice to see some of that improvement happening. I'm excited for the next game.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
Warpticon wrote:

I love that TD to Keller. That play shows me Tannehill has balls. That play shows me he isn't scared like Henne.

UniversalAuthor
cddolphin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2013/08/regular-season-type-practice-today-hope-not.html

The good:

- 11 takeaways by the defense, including 2 picks by Jones and 1 by Grimes
- Louis split first team reps at RG
- Starks practiced with contact and looked just fine
- Samuda is back at his usual backup role, no first team snaps
- The Tannehill - Wallace connection is continuing to gain steam with a 75 yard bomb TD

The bad:

- 11 turnovers by the offense, including picks thrown by every QB
- Odrick seems to have a mild leg injury
- Jerry split first team reps at RG

Dion Jordan watch:

- Continued to rehab his shoulder. Fine by me. Take as much time as necessary to prevent this from becoming a chronic injury. Start the season on the PUP as far as I'm concerned.
green4gulf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2013/08/regular-season-type-practice-today-hope-not.html

The good:

- 11 takeaways by the defense, including 2 picks by Jones and 1 by Grimes
- Louis split first team reps at RG
- Starks practiced with contact and looked just fine
- Samuda is back at his usual backup role, no first team snaps
- The Tannehill - Wallace connection is continuing to gain steam with a 75 yard bomb TD

The bad:

- 11 turnovers by the offense, including picks thrown by every QB
- Odrick seems to have a mild leg injury
- Jerry split first team reps at RG

Dion Jordan watch:

- Continued to rehab his shoulder. Fine by me. Take as much time as necessary to prevent this from becoming a chronic injury. Start the season on the PUP as far as I'm concerned.

Hearing Odrick injured his leg concerns me. I hope it isn't an issue with his previously surgically repaired leg.
patdt13

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having both Sturgis and Fields is just unfair.

#TeamMeowgatron

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: