Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fantasy outlook for the Chargers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McGahee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Fantasy outlook for the Chargers Reply with quote

Hi all, doing my prep for fantasy football and I wanted to ask about some of your key players.

1. Does Gates still offer any value? What kind of stats do you see him putting up. I'm thinking of grabbing Gronk early so I will need a late round TD to help me in the early weeks.

2. Is there a WR worth drafting for fantasy from SD?

3. Ryan Matthews is going really late, do you see him possible having a breakout season barring any injuries? What kind of numbers do you expect him to put up

Thanks guys
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Gates always has had vale. Even hurt he was always a top fantasy TE. He's in the best shape of his career right now, so hopefully that means he'll be healthy. Don't plan on him being there late.

2. Floyd or Brown are worth late flyers, but there's nobody worth taking high.

3. Mathews is going to be in a rotation, and he comes out on passing downs. He's also no going to stay healthy.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
McGahee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Matthews playing pretty well in pre-season, does this change his value at all?
Duffman57

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGahee wrote:
With Matthews playing pretty well in pre-season, does this change his value at all?

Its all on the OL. This blocking scheme made Fred Jackson and CJ Spiller look very good in Buf. So i think he'll be good, but you cant trust him to start with injury/OL concerns.

Bolt Up Comrades!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
McGahee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This blocking scheme? Meaning Gailey's scheme? Can you clarify

I'm strongly considering Matthews as a backup plan in case I don't get David Wilson as my RB2. Would you take Matthews over McFadden? Has Matthews looked good in pre-season? Good enough to be a viable fantasy target?

Also, how has Antonio Gates looked? Like his old self? Would you take Gates over Finley, Cook, or Jordan Cameron?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: