Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fantasy outlook for the Raiders

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McGahee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Fantasy outlook for the Raiders Reply with quote

Hi all, doing my prep for fantasy football and I wanted to ask about some of your key players.

1. DMC - Is this the year to draft him? I know when you guys go to a power blocking scheme DMC tears it up - are you in a ZBS or PBS scheme now? I know he's got the injury history and it's hard to overlook, but do you see him as a possible #2 fantasy RB? The value is there with him but the risk is hard to overlook IMO

2. Any of your WRs worth drafting for fantasy? Moore maybe?

3. Any sleepers on the team to keep an eye on?

Thanks guys
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey dude.

1. We run a PBS now, with Soprano at the helm. The coaching to our oline will be greatly increased, but Veldheer is now injured which hampers the potential greatly. It is the biggest risk/reward imaginable in fantasy football imagine. He has the ability to be a 1,600 10 td RB, but injuries will most definitely hamper him his year, as they have every year. I wouldnt touch him high in the draft, but if you notice him slipping and you believe you can take the risk, go for it. Might just pay off.

2. I would honestly pick Streater over Moore. Moore gets dinged up abit to easily and seems to have lost some of his confidence. Streater performed great down the stretch and put on some solid mass. He has been destroying camp thus far. Moore wouldnt be a bad pick either however, depends on how well Flynn/Pryor does I suppose. We will be primarily a running team this year I figure fyi.

3. Brice Butler COULD be. He looked great in the game last week, and it appears he is this years Streater. Reece is a solid sleeper aswell. Maybe whoever our starting TE is this year if it is Ausberry or Rivera. Both are good receiving TE prospects.

Just my two cents.

Edit: Go Canada.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
CrapTakula

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would think that the running back is worth taking a gamble on because this is a contract year for him and the scheme we're going to be running suits him more. he rarely finishes a season though, so you have to have that in the back of your mind for playoffs (maybe handcuff him w/ his backup)

It's been a rule for me in fantasy football for many years not to draft a Raider WR. We usually have one that does ok but for the most part the ball gets spread around a lot between our WRs meaning that no one is likely to end up with elite stats.

good luck though!

Bolansho Boro Begoz
McGahee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To update this after 3 weeks. I'm looking at Darren McFadden as a backup plan in case I can't get David Wilson in the 4th. Should I take McFadden? Has this pre-season done anything to show that he might have a big year?

What kind of stats do you see him putting up if healthy all season?

And would you take Ryan Matthews or Gio Bernard over McFadden?
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGahee wrote:
To update this after 3 weeks. I'm looking at Darren McFadden as a backup plan in case I can't get David Wilson in the 4th. Should I take McFadden? Has this pre-season done anything to show that he might have a big year?

What kind of stats do you see him putting up if healthy all season?

And would you take Ryan Matthews or Gio Bernard over McFadden?

He hasnt shown anything at all. Our offensive line is brutal so I honesty dont expect much out of him. If he is healthy, I see 1,200, 6 TDs. Skill wise he is way above that, but the talent around him limits him. If Pryor is named our QB, that will help him abit imo. I would take McFadden over Mathews for sure, and probably McFadden over Gio too if Gio is the backup go BJGE. Still though, I wouldnt expect a whole lot.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: