Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Denarius Moore?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KiddKillah

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Denarius Moore? Reply with quote

Quote:
CSN Bay Area calls Denarius Moore the "most frustrating player" of Raiders camp.
It's a sentiment shared by the Raiders' coaches. Per beat writer Scott Bair, Moore "still makes great plays," but "makes an equal number of inexcusable mistakes." Raiders OC Greg Olson wants Moore to become more of a "self-starter," but it's possible he's peaked in the Raiders' dysfunctional offense. Receiver-needy teams aren't doing their job if they aren't trying to buy low on the supremely talented third-year pro

per rotoworld.

Lets give Oakland a 3rd for Moore and call it a day guys.

Smith
Moore
Jones
Stokely
Thompson
Williams

We sneak Marlon Brown and Aaron Mellette on the PS.

BAM! All our problems solved Wink

Kudos 2 Mike Matt 2011 On The Sig
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moore isn't worth a 3rd round pick. His mistakes and needing to become more of a "self-starter" (i.e. is unmotivated) probably isn't going to attract the attention of the front office either. I really doubt Oakland would be shopping him anyways. Their WR group is really underwhelming and if Moore does have value then they're better off keeping him.
RavensfanRD

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah...

Can I still have Randy Moss or no? Laughing

Ray Lewis wrote:
This it! This it, man! This is it! We goin' for a ring man!

Wise Old Man wrote:
Joe Flacco doesn't believe in miracles; miracles believe in Joe Flacco
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pencil me in as being 100% YES to this move! I love me some Denarious Moore!

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pass.

The guy is unmotivated and not only are we supposed to trade a valuable drafting piece for him, but we'd also be askin this guy to come in at this late a juncture and pick up the offense to be useful for our team? Plus waste a roster spot in the process?

Yeah... No. I'd rather just put our own young guys through the fire on a weekly basis and of at the end of the year we either would have found them useful and we're in the playoffs or we would've found them useless and we're outside the playoffs in good range to target a talented WR or LT.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be opposed. Less than a third though. Also, what's his contract status? Two years left on his rookie deal?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Moore "still makes great plays," but "makes an equal number of inexcusable mistakes."

No thanks. The Ravens already have receivers who make inexcusable mistakes.

I'm just hoping that Marlon Brown has another big game next week, and perhaps Aaron Mellette too. Joe needs to figure these guys out and build a rapport with them, and it looked like he was doing that nicely against Carolina. That TD pass he threw to Brown is one I could never see him throwing to Doss, or even to Jacoby Jones.

I've been saying for months that the Ravens need to figure out whether the recievers they have can be contributors, and if they can't they should be cut. David Reed already had that judgement passed, and it looks like Doss and Streeter are likely to have it as well.

There may be someone out there who is cut on Monday who Ozzie and Harbs might be interested in, but I'm not convinced.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd give a 5th for him, maybe even a 4th, but definitely not a 3rd.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd trade a 4th for him but its probably moot because I think he'd have more value to the Raiders than whatever they'd be offered so wouldn't trade him atm

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
rmthawk64

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh Cribbs just got released. Anyone else hope we give hima look?
When you go in the lion's den, you don't tippy toe in you carry a spear, you go in screaming like a banshee, you kick whatever doors in, and say, 'Where's the SOB?' If you go in any other way you're gonna lose.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. He's not what he used to be, and as a receiver Cribbs was never very good anyways. Easy pass.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this were earlier in the preseason, I would've been down for a 5th, but at this point. I don't see the gain. He's not going to be able to pick up our offense and be productive after such a short time period.

So it's probably just better to just use this year as an evaluation year for our current crop to see how much we need to invest in the position come next year's draft. More can only hurt both our team (evaluation) and the Raiders (even less talent) with a trade... though I suppose by hurting their talent, they could truly tank for Clowney. Maybe they might be willing to give away Moore for cheese puffs. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: