Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Aint Ravens Talk: All off topic conversation goes here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ He cleans up nice? Maybe.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy Maclin has the shiniest head ever.

Sad
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravens camp had ice cream and Arthur Jones couldn't have been more excited.

Tom Brady Tribute
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ Whew, false alarm... I saw that you were the last post in the Ravens forum and instantly my thoughts went to, "Oh no..."

I just knew someone had gone down with some sort of injury.

Good thing its only Arthur Jones screaming for Ice Cream..

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a month I'll be going down to Ridge, Maryland for two nights and then Savannah GA for another two. Any recommendations on things to do in either place? Ridge looks more like a quaint area, very quiet. Savannah I know is a beautiful city so I'm looking forward to seeing it. Any places I must go/eat at/etc. I know I'm going to see the bench from Forrest Gump. Laughing

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madden ratings

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-820-Madden-25-Ravens-Player-Ratings/c0ab362a-7cdd-4a39-b5fe-4ddb3c46e2ca

Like that 93 for Flacco. Should probably be a little higher.

Osemele, Suggs, Dumervil, D. Smith, and Tucker's ratings are a joke.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Madden ratings

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-820-Madden-25-Ravens-Player-Ratings/c0ab362a-7cdd-4a39-b5fe-4ddb3c46e2ca

Like that 93 for Flacco. Should probably be a little higher.

Osemele, Suggs, Dumervil, D. Smith, and Tucker's ratings are a joke.

Agreed. Along with your list, like always, I'm not a fan of Torrey Smith being only a 95 in speed. Dude consistently burns defensive backs, yet he's only considered on the bottom end of fast. His speed is so underrated that it's not even funny. I think 96/97 are definitely better ratings.

I'm actually kind of surprised that Flacco was rated so high tbh... thought he'd be more of a 91 or so.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Flacco: Ray Lewis' pep talks "didn't even make sense"

http://thenosebleeds.com/joe-flacco-ray-lewis-pep-talks-didnt-even-make-sense/
Tom Brady Tribute
sp6488

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Joe Flacco: Ray Lewis' pep talks "didn't even make sense"

http://thenosebleeds.com/joe-flacco-ray-lewis-pep-talks-didnt-even-make-sense/

Is this the first time he's said this? Pretty sure I've heard this exact thing from Flacco some time last year (maybe Bmore Sun).

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ravens had comedian tracy morgan entertain the team today no practice or interviews

https://twitter.com/RavensInsider/status/371335415552163840
Tom Brady Tribute
Nucky

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:50 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

So I was playing madden franchise mode today and My ravens this year are a horrible 3-6. Week 10 Joe Flacco gets injured with a broken jaw and is out for the rest of the regular season. So now Im pistol offensing my way into an 7 game win streak and playoff berth.

So basically this is like Denver a few years ago kinda. What if this happens in real life ?Come playoff time would you put Joe Flacco back in ? Or ride Tyrod to the superbowl ?

This is strictly out of curiosity. I love Joe Flacco. I think he is a great QB.
"Fellas, I can tolerate arrogance, conceit, greed but self-pity is the one thing that just chaps my a--. We've experienced difficulty, but I will not tolerate, nor be part of, anything resembling self-pity."- Brian Billick
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:40 am    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

Nucky wrote:
So I was playing madden franchise mode today and My ravens this year are a horrible 3-6. Week 10 Joe Flacco gets injured with a broken jaw and is out for the rest of the regular season. So now Im pistol offensing my way into an 7 game win streak and playoff berth.

So basically this is like Denver a few years ago kinda. What if this happens in real life ?Come playoff time would you put Joe Flacco back in ? Or ride Tyrod to the superbowl ?

If this were to happen in the regular season exactly as you've described, then my answer is clear. I keep Tyrod Taylor as my starting QB. Now sure, Flacco is the franchise QB option. But pretty clearly, Taylor led this team to the playoffs and we deserve to give him the shot to continue to lead that team. Inserting Flacco back into the lineup would disrupt the chemistry that put that team on a 7 game winning streak. It would also mean inserting a QB that hasn't taken a meaningful snap in seven weeks into the starting lineup when football is at its most difficult.

The best I'd be willing to do is to insert some play designs where I might be able to get both QBs on the field at the same time. Perhaps see Flacco come in on a drive to gain some rhythm, but in this situation, Taylor deserves to maintain his starting job.

That said, I'm not involved in the politics of this. In real life, the Ravens are on the hook for the millions of dollars they've given Flacco... would they so quickly be ready to disregard him? The fans might turn on Flacco in favor of Taylor. There are many things to consider.

Both QBs would have trade value in this scenario. At the end of the day, Taylor is contracted through 2015. It would make a heck of a lot of sense if we could convince a team to gamble on his talent for a very early 2nd round pick and then flip that pick for a prime talent to help out our squad. Perhaps more if possible. I could easily see a few prospects currently with early 2nd round projection that could help this ball club such as Brandon Coleman or Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
Nucky wrote:

If this were to happen in the regular season exactly as you've described, then my answer is clear. I keep Tyrod Taylor as my starting QB. Now sure, Flacco is the franchise QB option. But pretty clearly, Taylor led this team to the playoffs and we deserve to give him the shot to continue to lead that team. Inserting Flacco back into the lineup would disrupt the chemistry that put that team on a 7 game winning streak. It would also mean inserting a QB that hasn't taken a meaningful snap in seven weeks into the starting lineup when football is at its most difficult.

The best I'd be willing to do is to insert some play designs where I might be able to get both QBs on the field at the same time. Perhaps see Flacco come in on a drive to gain some rhythm, but in this situation, Taylor deserves to maintain his starting job.

That said, I'm not involved in the politics of this. In real life, the Ravens are on the hook for the millions of dollars they've given Flacco... would they so quickly be ready to disregard him? The fans might turn on Flacco in favor of Taylor. There are many things to consider.

Both QBs would have trade value in this scenario. At the end of the day, Taylor is contracted through 2015. It would make a heck of a lot of sense if we could convince a team to gamble on his talent for a very early 2nd round pick and then flip that pick for a prime talent to help out our squad. Perhaps more if possible. I could easily see a few prospects currently with early 2nd round projection that could help this ball club such as Brandon Coleman or Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix.

Personally I enjoy listening to 105.7 the fan on my way to and from work. We're tyrod to come in and have any modicum of success, then be replaced once joe got healthy, it would be unbearable. Tyrod is already some people's preseason hero and it would only get worse. Please don't let this ever happen.

Last edited by sp6488 on Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, I just realized something about a particular poster on this site and I'm dying laughing over here. Wish there was some way to communicate what I was thinking with you guys without breaking forum rules. Laughing

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
Lol, I just realized something about a particular poster on this site and I'm dying laughing over here. Wish there was some way to communicate what I was thinking with you guys without breaking forum rules. Laughing

Vague much?

You could at least leave a trail of bread crumbs to follow... Not talking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 24 of 30

Jump to: