Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sunday Ticket Max
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
flyers0909


Joined: 03 Feb 2006
Posts: 8665
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyers0909 wrote:
SplashDive wrote:
flyers0909 wrote:
SplashDive wrote:
Sorry 1 last question. There were people on the reviews that were saying there were a lot of games blacked out. Did this happen to you guys and lest say I was in MN and the Vikings were on at the same time I should be able to watch the Packers on my computer right? As far as I know blackouts only happen if the stadium is too empty.


If it's anything like the NHL package, your game will be blacked out on Sunday Ticket if it is available for you to watch in your area on national TV. So if it's on MNF, SNF, TNF, or scheduled to be on CBS/FOX during the day in your location, it will be blacked out.

If the game doesn't sell out then it is blacked out entirely and won't be on TV if you live in the market of the team. i.e. Buffalo at the end of the year.


Right. Someone from DirecTv today tried to tell me that it doesn't matter where you are it will blackout the game that your address is at not where your device is at. I thought that was really strange so I looked it up and on the website it says device location. So I am correct in assuming that the guy from DirecTV had no clue what he was talking about lol.

Basically what the guy from DirecTV said was...

I live in MN so the Viking will be blacked out on my computer if I am in Colorado but I will be able to see the Bronco game on my laptop.

In reality it is...

I live in MN and am in Colorado so the Bronco game is blacked out but every other game not shown in Colorado that day will be on my laptop.


I could be totally wrong but I think the guy is right. I'm pretty sure it knows your original address and blacks out games there, not your current location. I might be thinking about the NHL package though. I would do some more research or maybe call back and try to get a different person because I'm not 100% positive on the answer.


Totally disregard everything I just said. From DirecTV's website:

Quote:
Why can't I see some games on NFL SUNDAY TICKET Mobile when I am traveling?

Currently, NFL SUNDAY TICKET has to enforce blackout rules as required by the NFL. These rules are based on your device's location. If the app can't determine your device's location, your account information will be used.


So I guess the only time you'd have trouble is if your location can't be determined, but if you have enough service or whatever to stream the game, they should be able to detect where you are.
_________________

^^^ Rammy on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SplashDive


Joined: 26 Mar 2008
Posts: 4288
Location: Eagan, Minnesota
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyers0909 wrote:
flyers0909 wrote:
SplashDive wrote:
flyers0909 wrote:
SplashDive wrote:
Sorry 1 last question. There were people on the reviews that were saying there were a lot of games blacked out. Did this happen to you guys and lest say I was in MN and the Vikings were on at the same time I should be able to watch the Packers on my computer right? As far as I know blackouts only happen if the stadium is too empty.


If it's anything like the NHL package, your game will be blacked out on Sunday Ticket if it is available for you to watch in your area on national TV. So if it's on MNF, SNF, TNF, or scheduled to be on CBS/FOX during the day in your location, it will be blacked out.

If the game doesn't sell out then it is blacked out entirely and won't be on TV if you live in the market of the team. i.e. Buffalo at the end of the year.


Right. Someone from DirecTv today tried to tell me that it doesn't matter where you are it will blackout the game that your address is at not where your device is at. I thought that was really strange so I looked it up and on the website it says device location. So I am correct in assuming that the guy from DirecTV had no clue what he was talking about lol.

Basically what the guy from DirecTV said was...

I live in MN so the Viking will be blacked out on my computer if I am in Colorado but I will be able to see the Bronco game on my laptop.

In reality it is...

I live in MN and am in Colorado so the Bronco game is blacked out but every other game not shown in Colorado that day will be on my laptop.


I could be totally wrong but I think the guy is right. I'm pretty sure it knows your original address and blacks out games there, not your current location. I might be thinking about the NHL package though. I would do some more research or maybe call back and try to get a different person because I'm not 100% positive on the answer.


Totally disregard everything I just said. From DirecTV's website:

Quote:
Why can't I see some games on NFL SUNDAY TICKET Mobile when I am traveling?

Currently, NFL SUNDAY TICKET has to enforce blackout rules as required by the NFL. These rules are based on your device's location. If the app can't determine your device's location, your account information will be used.


So I guess the only time you'd have trouble is if your location can't be determined, but if you have enough service or whatever to stream the game, they should be able to detect where you are.


Right so if I am using a hotels internet they should easily be able to detect my IP address and get my location. I was baffled when this guy said that. I have extra innings and it uses my IP address so I assumed Sunday ticket would do the same.
_________________

Props to Jamison. for the sick sig!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flyers0909


Joined: 03 Feb 2006
Posts: 8665
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SplashDive wrote:
flyers0909 wrote:
flyers0909 wrote:
SplashDive wrote:
flyers0909 wrote:
SplashDive wrote:
Sorry 1 last question. There were people on the reviews that were saying there were a lot of games blacked out. Did this happen to you guys and lest say I was in MN and the Vikings were on at the same time I should be able to watch the Packers on my computer right? As far as I know blackouts only happen if the stadium is too empty.


If it's anything like the NHL package, your game will be blacked out on Sunday Ticket if it is available for you to watch in your area on national TV. So if it's on MNF, SNF, TNF, or scheduled to be on CBS/FOX during the day in your location, it will be blacked out.

If the game doesn't sell out then it is blacked out entirely and won't be on TV if you live in the market of the team. i.e. Buffalo at the end of the year.


Right. Someone from DirecTv today tried to tell me that it doesn't matter where you are it will blackout the game that your address is at not where your device is at. I thought that was really strange so I looked it up and on the website it says device location. So I am correct in assuming that the guy from DirecTV had no clue what he was talking about lol.

Basically what the guy from DirecTV said was...

I live in MN so the Viking will be blacked out on my computer if I am in Colorado but I will be able to see the Bronco game on my laptop.

In reality it is...

I live in MN and am in Colorado so the Bronco game is blacked out but every other game not shown in Colorado that day will be on my laptop.


I could be totally wrong but I think the guy is right. I'm pretty sure it knows your original address and blacks out games there, not your current location. I might be thinking about the NHL package though. I would do some more research or maybe call back and try to get a different person because I'm not 100% positive on the answer.


Totally disregard everything I just said. From DirecTV's website:

Quote:
Why can't I see some games on NFL SUNDAY TICKET Mobile when I am traveling?

Currently, NFL SUNDAY TICKET has to enforce blackout rules as required by the NFL. These rules are based on your device's location. If the app can't determine your device's location, your account information will be used.


So I guess the only time you'd have trouble is if your location can't be determined, but if you have enough service or whatever to stream the game, they should be able to detect where you are.


Right so if I am using a hotels internet they should easily be able to detect my IP address and get my location. I was baffled when this guy said that. I have extra innings and it uses my IP address so I assumed Sunday ticket would do the same.


Yeah now that I think of it the NHL package was the same way, you're definitely right.
_________________

^^^ Rammy on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NAZPackFan


Joined: 04 May 2010
Posts: 138
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll just add that I had trouble with the "best available" setting on the video app. It rarely stayed off the lowest two quality settings. Initially I thought this was due to having an older computer but found if I just picked a mid to high setting it played just fine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SplashDive


Joined: 26 Mar 2008
Posts: 4288
Location: Eagan, Minnesota
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NAZPackFan wrote:
I'll just add that I had trouble with the "best available" setting on the video app. It rarely stayed off the lowest two quality settings. Initially I thought this was due to having an older computer but found if I just picked a mid to high setting it played just fine.


Yeah I had that problem with the Preseason Live thing as well.

One last question...

Where do you go to login to Sunday Ticket Max if I want to watch on my computer? Is there a website for it or is it an app.
_________________

Props to Jamison. for the sick sig!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NormSizedMidget


Joined: 28 Mar 2011
Posts: 3728
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used someone else DTV ticket login for mobile while he was at the same time and it worked fine. And you 100% can hook it to your TV.........

There's no protection. Heck anyone with a bit of smarts can get Game Pass for free very easily.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ajdodge09


Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 4634
Location: Monterey Bay
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
#ItsFootballOnYourPhone

#YaPhoneAintForCallinYaPhonesForFootballin


Football on ya phone and football in ya pants.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StinkySauce


Joined: 26 Apr 2013
Posts: 279
Location: Boston
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, I have read this thread and followed the link, but I thought I might try to get this simplified down to where a dummy like me can get it.

I live in Boston. I do not have DirecTV. If I do this Madden/NFL Ticket deal for $100, will I be able to watch every Green Bay Packers game on my laptop?
_________________
MathMan wrote:
now im rooting for the "freak play".

-------
"Give me Shackleton every time."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group