Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Will Matt Flynn raise the Raiders?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beast

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:
Beast wrote:
I don't think Al Davis would of brought in Flynn as he doesn't have very good arm strength to get the ball deep and that is a weakness for him IMO.

That being said if a coach can work a scheme around that (which many have in the past for other QBs including the west coach offense) he should be able to do a pretty good job IF he's got protection / alright talent around him. Which I don't follow the Raiders enough to say they have that or not.

I see Flynn ceiling to be that of like Jeff Garcia... nether will ever have the strongest arms but both do a ton of the small things correct.

I feel like his ceiling is higher than Garcias. Flynn had the best statistical game in packer history (arguably). Now, he's not the best QB in Pack history- but he does have some upside. I hope he is the starter- I'd love to see him prosper out there.

If I remember correctly, Flynn got "the best statistical game in packer history" against one of the worse group of starting DBs in the NFL history (Lions starting DBs were bad to start with and they were missing two or three of their best DBs that game starting their back-ups instead.) .

Also Jeff Garcia was better than most remember, most remember his ending days but in his prime he was pretty dang good with the 49ers. I think I read he was one of only 10 QBs with back to back 30 TDs seasons (The others are Steve Bartkowski, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, Dan Fouts, Dan Marino, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers and Y.A. Tittle.) and over 3,000 yard seasons including one over 4,000.

I don't think Flynn will be able to come close to those numbers with the current talent the Raiders have at WR but maybe in a couple years they'll have something.
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might Oakland be a potential landing spot for James Jones? Familiarity with McKenzie and Flynn. And the Raiders have a weak receiving group.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
Might Oakland be a potential landing spot for James Jones? Familiarity with McKenzie and Flynn. And the Raiders have a weak receiving group.

He went to San Jose St.
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:

To be honest I don't think Jones is going to leave. He's making just under 4 mill per year and I think we will have room to sign him to a slightly larger deal with Finley leaving.

Sig brought to you by Justo
wgbeethree

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:

To be honest I don't think Jones is going to leave. He's making just under 4 mill per year and I think we will have room to sign him to a slightly larger deal with Finley leaving.

To be honest I don't think Finely is going to leave.

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:
ugLymayNe wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:

Hopefully if he stays it isn't for the 9 million he is making now. I'd rather give James Jones that $.

Sig brought to you by Justo
Pugger

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:
ugLymayNe wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:

I don't either, unless he plays terribly.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ughhh rough preseason so far for Matt Flynn. I understand its only preseason and with not any game planning and stuff, but he's not done like I had hoped he would against other teams first teamers. Granted the o-line of the Raiders is probably worse than what he had here in Green Bay protecting him in 2010 and 11 when he made his starts, but really hate to see stuff like that that could ruin his confidence up. Even more unfortunate is that at this point I'm not so sure that Terell Prior couldn't beat him out of a job after the success he had with the squads tonight.
DudeWhat??

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears he is horrible and about to loose his job again...rob Johnson anyone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: