Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Training Camp Thread (New Playmaker)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
squire12

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
justo wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
justo wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
justo wrote:
How has Hyde not made the team already? He's the #4 CB (depending on how you view McMillian). If anything, that's more of a Ross thing. They've been trying to replace Ross (who hasn't done much on offense) since he's been on the 53 last year.
Actually according to Whitt, Hyde's #3 if not #2.
Ahead of 2 of Tramon, Shields, and Hayward? Crazy talk. I'll believe it when I see it, to be honest. Was there a presser today? I must have missed it. Either way, Green Bay has a real case for having the best nickel, dime, and quarter CBs in the league.
Whitt says Hayward is currently #4 behing Shields, House, and Hyde; and that Tramon has to earn his spot.

http://espnwisconsin.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&r=40&post_id=28351
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-casey-hayward-trying-to-earn-back-nickel-job-b9980839z1-220611731.html
Oh they're doing that thing. LIS, it's likely all talk. I think Hyde's the dime CB (again, depending how you see the Bat formation) in 2013.
I agree, they have to at least give the impression that the "Open Competition" they promised is actually happening. We all know what the depth chart really looks like.

William's has a bone bruise in his knee. Those injuries take a longer time to recover than one thinks. It has been about 3 weeks for him now, i think he likely will miss the first few games of the regular season. he will be carried on the 53 but inactive for a few games.

That buts everyone up a slot and with Hayward just now getting back, that leaves: Shields, House, Hyde, Hayward, Williams. hyde has likely played better than House thus far, so he could be #2 as things stand right now. 2 more weeks to go before it really matters.
Kampman74

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:

LG:
Josh Sitton 36-0
Patrick Lewis 0-53

C:
Evan Dietrich-Smith 36-0
J.C. Tretter (missed Week 1/2)
Don Barclay 0-48
Greg Van Roten 0-5

RG:
T.J. Lang 36-0
Lane Taylor 0-53

So I wonder what the plan is at C, cause I dont want a ton of people moving around if EDS gets hurt and Barclay is your starting RT. But 48 snaps in two games, he is pretty much the backup center then.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

squire12 wrote:

William's has a bone bruise in his knee. Those injuries take a longer time to recover than one thinks. It has been about 3 weeks for him now, i think he likely will miss the first few games of the regular season. he will be carried on the 53 but inactive for a few games.

That buts everyone up a slot and with Hayward just now getting back, that leaves: Shields, House, Hyde, Hayward, Williams. hyde has likely played better than House thus far, so he could be #2 as things stand right now. 2 more weeks to go before it really matters.

Word out of camp is that the Pack will be playing (at least when healthy) a left and right corner rather than matching our 1 against an opponent's 1, our 2 against an opponent's 2, etc. Regardless of how well Hyde has played in camp, I don't think Hyde will be played as one of the two top corners this year if it can be avoided. However, I think we'll see a lot of Capers packages involving Hyde nearer to the LOS.

-------
"Give me Shackleton every time."
{Family Ghost}

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally it looks like there might be a light at the end of tunnel for Derek Sherrod. His family has come out and given some details as to what Derek has faced in his rehab from the broken leg in 11'. It now sounds like he is within a few weeks of a return. He'll probably go on PUP list, but should soon be back on the field. Lets hope so .. really have to feel bad for the guy.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/family-of-packers-sherrod-explains-long-absence-from-team-b9981584z1-220762021.html
Dunderhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

{Family Ghost} wrote:
Finally it looks like there might be a light at the end of tunnel for Derek Sherrod. His family has come out and given some details as to what Derek has faced in his rehab from the broken leg in 11'. It now sounds like he is within a few weeks of a return. He'll probably go on PUP list, but should soon be back on the field. Lets hope so .. really have to feel bad for the guy.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/family-of-packers-sherrod-explains-long-absence-from-team-b9981584z1-220762021.html

Thanks for the link. It gave me a bit of a laugh when JSOnline talked about the media and fans being hard on Sherrod as they seem to fuel the fire in the whole thing.

But as a stand alone piece it was very interesting and I'm really pulling for the guy (not just because we could use the help).

After reading something like this it makes me feel bad when I lump all players together that don't meet expectations as busts. I know Palmy has scolded me on that and I gotta imagine the reason is that he probably gets close to these young men and it must rip him apart that the same lable for guys like Ryan Leaf and Russell is used on guys like Sherrod and Harrell. I really need to re-think my position on that one.
Pugger

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunderhead wrote:
{Family Ghost} wrote:

Thanks for the link. It gave me a bit of a laugh when JSOnline talked about the media and fans being hard on Sherrod as they seem to fuel the fire in the whole thing.

But as a stand alone piece it was very interesting and I'm really pulling for the guy (not just because we could use the help).

After reading something like this it makes me feel bad when I lump all players together that don't meet expectations as busts. I know Palmy has scolded me on that and I gotta imagine the reason is that he probably gets close to these young men and it must rip him apart that the same lable for guys like Ryan Leaf and Russell is used on guys like Sherrod and Harrell. I really need to re-think my position on that one.

I was roundly blasted here (and on other forums) a couple of years ago because I wouldn't call Harrell an real bust because injuries robbed him of his career. I pointed out the difference between Harrell and Brohm but guys chastised me telling me I was just using his injury as an excuse. Confused

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
Dunderhead wrote:
{Family Ghost} wrote:

I was roundly blasted here (and on other forums) a couple of years ago because I wouldn't call Harrell an real bust because injuries robbed him of his career. I pointed out the difference between Harrell and Brohm but guys chastised me telling me I was just using his injury as an excuse. Confused

I agree with you on that and separate the two. To me, there are "injury busts", who are guys that are always banged up and can never put it together, and the traditional bust that just can't succeed on his own accord.

I can't call someone like Terrance Murphy a bust because he never had a chance due to one catastrophic injury immediately in his career. He looked like he had skill and potential in camp, but an event outside of his control doomed him. Justin Harrell, on the other hand, had a litany of injuries since college: bicep, back (2 years), and ACL among others. He may have had skill, but one thing or the other kept him off the field. That's why I consider him to be in the injury bust category.

Brian Brohm had no excuses. He was just a bust.

"I know one thing about these guys, they're not going to stop quitting.''
justo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Injury is a reason for high DP busts. Most "busts" actually are busts because of injury issues.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
Mendeleev

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Injury is a reason for high DP busts. Most "busts" actually are busts because of injury issues.
Injuries that aren't predictable then aren't an indication of poor draft day decisions, which is what sometimes people try to imply with the word bust.
packers88

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mendeleev wrote:
justo wrote:
Injuries that aren't predictable then aren't an indication of poor draft day decisions, which is what sometimes people try to imply with the word bust.

I always thought of the term 'bust' to be more attributed to the player. So-and-so was a bust. I would think 'miss' would be better applied to the draft day decision. But whatever, just semantics. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45
Page 45 of 45

Jump to: