Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OL David Diehl out 6 weeks with thumb injury

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acgott

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: OL David Diehl out 6 weeks with thumb injury Reply with quote

David Diehl will undergo surgery to repair his unstable right thumb. Recovery timeframe is six weeks. Details: http://bit.ly/1dsUKM8

https://twitter.com/Giants/status/370222010791497728

With injuries to Baas and Diehl our OL is probably looking like this:

LT: Beatty
LG: Boothe
C: Cordle
RG: Snee
RT: Pugh

or possibly Brewer at LG and Boothe at C

Anyone I missed
dkebones

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as much as he has become a human turnstile, injuries never good to see. just hope he can come back and be depth; no doubt he'll be a good vet presence for Pugh, Brew, and Moseley.

kinda wish we could've made a play at getting Moffitt from the Hawks yesterday...
Vulcan_Prime

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: OL David Diehl out 6 weeks with thumb injury Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
David Diehl will undergo surgery to repair his unstable right thumb. Recovery timeframe is six weeks. Details: http://bit.ly/1dsUKM8

https://twitter.com/Giants/status/370222010791497728

With injuries to Baas and Diehl our OL is probably looking like this:

LT: Beatty
LG: Boothe
C: Cordle
RG: Snee
RT: Pugh

or possibly Brewer at LG and Boothe at C

Anyone I missed

Well we could think about moving Mosley to LG but I don't think he has ever practiced or played on the left side of the line so that could be moot.

The Beat writers are saying it's most likely Brewer at LG with Boothe at C and Pugh at RT. If that's the case the future of the O-line just arrived quicker than anyone would have guessed. Blessing in disguise in my opinion.

Unfortunately it's more than likely that they will try to bring him back after 6 weeks and just use that same BS excuse that he can't lose his job to injuries despite good/stellar performances from either Brewer or Pugh. It's gonna be interesting at least.
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put him on IR please. Sign ANYONE out there off waivers or free agent and it's an immediate upgrade. Laughing

"A lion roars in the darkness only he holds the key, a light to free me from my burden and grant me life eternally"
Vulcan_Prime

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
Put him on IR please. Sign ANYONE out there off waivers or free agent and it's an immediate upgrade. Laughing

We can't. Don't you remember? Diehl has incriminating evidence against the entire Giants Front Office organization. It's the only reason I can think of as to why he started from 2010 till now. He was terrible at RG, LT and RT from 2010 onward and the coaches literally turned a blind eye to all of his failings. He was PFF's worst rated O-lineman for almost 2 years running, even though PFF is not that accurate, it says a lot on how everyone knew how terrible Diehl was recently.

I thank him for his early playing years but his time as even an average O-lineman is long gone and this team needs to let him go. Unless he has pictures of Mara in a Tutu or drag because I don't want to see that ...
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When they announced on ESPN Radio there was bad injury news from Giants camp I held my breath. Then they said David Diehl and I was like eh. Who cares Laughing
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a shame Baas got injured now...
shotgundraw

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:47 am    Post subject: Re: OL David Diehl out 6 weeks with thumb injury Reply with quote

Vulcan_Prime wrote:
The Beat writers are saying it's most likely Brewer at LG with Boothe at C and Pugh at RT.

Has Brewer ever played LG ?
ESKY008

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: OL David Diehl out 6 weeks with thumb injury Reply with quote

shotgundraw wrote:
Vulcan_Prime wrote:
The Beat writers are saying it's most likely Brewer at LG with Boothe at C and Pugh at RT.

With Diehl out who cares. I'd rather see David Carr on the online then Diehl. Brewer should be fine
Vulcan_Prime

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: OL David Diehl out 6 weeks with thumb injury Reply with quote

ESKY008 wrote:
shotgundraw wrote:
Vulcan_Prime wrote:

With Diehl out who cares. I'd rather see David Carr on the online then Diehl. Brewer should be fine

Yesterday's practice had Beatty - Boothe - Cordle - Snee - Pugh as the starting line up so we won't be seeing Mosley or Brewer with the first unit. There might be some evaluations to continue during pre-season but that's pretty much the starting line up as of now.
shotgundraw

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: OL David Diehl out 6 weeks with thumb injury Reply with quote

ESKY008 wrote:
shotgundraw wrote:
Vulcan_Prime wrote:

Yeah, right.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: