Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jon Beason's Contract Voids After 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cypher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Jon Beason's Contract Voids After 2013 Reply with quote

http://www.catscratchreader.com/2013/8/20/4640822/jon-beason-contract-void-carolina-panthers

So I guess that means unless he blows Gettleman away, his pay cut was essentially a "take a cut or get cut" situation.

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
FriendlyEnemy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of players that had big contracts but haven't played because of injury...

Stewart may start the season on the PUP. What do you guys think are the chances are that neither Beason nor Stewart are on the team next year?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd say pretty good chance they're both gone. Beason isn't going to make enough plays on the outside to warrant big money. he can go somewhere else and get a contract playing inside and try to cash in again. i could see stewart and d-will being gone. all that money in the backfield is just dumb on top of stewart breaking down physically. RBs are easy to find and replace

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjkilla wrote:
i'd say pretty good chance they're both gone. Beason isn't going to make enough plays on the outside to warrant big money. he can go somewhere else and get a contract playing inside and try to cash in again. i could see stewart and d-will being gone. all that money in the backfield is just dumb on top of stewart breaking down physically. RBs are easy to find and replace

If we went into 2014 sans Stewart, Williams and Beason, I honestly think we'd be better for it. Much more cap space to put pieces in place.

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
Panthers11

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love Beason. Gonna miss him when he is gone. Top 2 LB when he was healthy.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
johnydtarheel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
rjkilla wrote:

If we went into 2014 sans Stewart, Williams and Beason, I honestly think we'd be better for it. Much more cap space to put pieces in place.

I don't know that cutting both running backs gets us much cap space. Let's see how they do this year when we actually try to run the ball instead play games trying to fool people.

Thanks CK
iknowcool

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
rjkilla wrote:

All but Steve Smith (who will be 35) at WR are free agents after the year, Jordan Gross will have his contract void on the 5th day of the league year in 2014, we have no idea about the right side of our offensive line, and then release both running backs too.

It would open up more cap space, but we would have question marks literally everywhere on our offense sans QB, C, and TE (money has to be put in use somewhere, so being like the TB Bucs were and having a lot of cash isn't always the most ideal when you have no talent). Newton would be in no position to succeed. Paying both backs the money they are getting isn't a good idea I agree, but I don't think it would be smart to get rid of both of them. One should stick around (Barner isn't an everydown back IMO) and Williams, with his restructure, seems willing to in the future stay around for relatively cheap money. Like someone also said, I am not sure cutting Williams and Stewart gets us much anyway. So the reward of keeping one of them outweighs the reward for getting rid of both of them in my opinion.
rjkilla

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that money should go into building the o line back up cuz it looks to be our weakness this year

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
It would open up more cap space, but we would have question marks literally everywhere on our offense sans QB, C, and TE (money has to be put in use somewhere, so being like the TB Bucs were and having a lot of cash isn't always the most ideal when you have no talent). Newton would be in no position to succeed. Paying both backs the money they are getting isn't a good idea I agree, but I don't think it would be smart to get rid of both of them. One should stick around (Barner isn't an everydown back IMO) and Williams, with his restructure, seems willing to in the future stay around for relatively cheap money. Like someone also said, I am not sure cutting Williams and Stewart gets us much anyway. So the reward of keeping one of them outweighs the reward for getting rid of both of them in my opinion.

Pretty sure I have my math right on this.

Cutting Stewart in 2014 would be a net cap space loss of: roughly 5 million
Cutting Williams in 2014 would be a net space loss of: roughly 2.5 million

So i'd have to lean toward cutting Williams, even with Stewie's injury history.

NS922 wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: