Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Good, The Bad, the Friggen Nasty vs. Saints
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sandiegoraider1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
Nah, he linked to the wrong piece and quoted the whole thing for some reason (a forum nono).

Some guy called Samuel Charles wrote it, and its without doubt the worst article I have ever read.

Quote:
Plus-minus for points scored under each QB : Flynn -16 (7-23), Pryor +10 (10-0), and McGloin -2 (3-5).

Laughing What does that even mean? The D played way worse against Drew Brees, than Seneca Wallace. That's Flynn's fault apparently.

Flynn was the only QB who led us on a drive, Pryor took over inside there 20 and managed to get 3 points. Wow, impressive. Pryoy looked like crap, no way he was better than Flynn. Anyone objective could tell you that.

Yeah... im a pryor supporter and that was insane garbage with no bearing on reality in any sense.
radrshark

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
Just got done watching the game. Talk about ugly.

Good
Flynn--first and foremost, I gotta give the guy a lot of credit. How he put up any numbers is incredible with how that o-line played. That was 2006 bad.

QB debate over--backups clearly are not ready. That debate should be over now. And I was hoping Pryor would win the battle. He took a step back tonight and McGloin is an afterthought.

Punters/Kickers--all 4 did well. That consistency will be needed.

Bad

Pass protection--straight up joke. This is what everyone knew would happen when Veldheer went down. An already bad line turns awful. Get used to it unfortunately.

Pass rush--the second Saints TD really says it all. There was next to no pressure on Brees. +5 I was at the game, that was horrible ,
I was in the 8th row(the pissed off guy with the mohawk,braided goatee,beikert jersey andboth thumbs down, i think brees actually grabbed a hot dog first before he tossed that one, line loiked like pop warner, porter looked like he spent too much time at razoo's the night before, i thought flynn looked mediocre at best.the beer guy saved me.
Running game--gote nothing going. Hard to blame the RBs, the o-line had no push.

Ugly

Injuries--not what we need right now.

Penalties--gonna get people p1ssed here, but oh well--Allen continues to show he has no ability to discipline his players. 12 penalties for 127 yards. Inexcusable.
+100..this.. I felt like the team didnt even care that much(and akmost every raider fan i talked to agreed) didnt see that much emotion from allen, reflected totally by the team IMO. Most coaches would've lost it, esoecially with nola running 1rst team almost til halftime? Not on maddens or chuckies watch, hell, even hue jackson! This flippin team needs a Cali sized forest fire lit under their [inappropriate/removed]!!! Rediculous! And no silver & black pride....at all! No more sugarcoating or rationalizing for this 1%er, break out the paper bags & the pooper scooper! Mild thing, i think i loathe u! Lol. Seriously tho if iwas any closer to the bench i might have transformed into randy flippin quaid... I always! Try to be oootimistic & a glass half full, can you say “culture of losing?“ Way tio late, 11 yrs of suck kills my outlaw/raider soul. Just bein me, honest and straight up. Hope we find some pride quick,or it'll be ANOTHER long season for the nation. Take care y'all.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
RAIDERNATN4EVR wrote:

Pryor recognized the blitz, hurried an audible, got his receivers in position, calmly beat the play-clock without wasting a timeout, and then outran a blitzing defender he’d been eyeing for a first down.

RAIDERNATN4EVR wrote:

A botched snap on second down at the Saints’ 7-yard line saw Pryor collect the ball, look downfield, find a receiver, and then decide better of it while under pressure, so he tried to get it out of bounds. Pryor’s throw was almost intercepted, but he worked very hard to get that incompletion so the offense had 3rd down at the 7-yard line, instead of ten yards back.

ROFLMAO!

Summary, pocket QB bad; running QB good aka "the run Carson Palmer outta town so we can get our boy in der" argument 2.0. What does it matter? Start Pryor already. These type of position pieces are the reason we are laughing stocks.

Just to be clear, I did not write this, nor did any of the writers of the site upon which I found it. I could not find an author as it was simply included as a comment by a poster on the site. I probably should have just pasted a few pieces as an example--definately did not mean to break any forum rules.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPaceGhost wrote:
G wrote:
Good:
Team didn't just give up like it seemed in the recent past...
We're improving, but we have a way to go...

Bad:We won't get Clowney

Ugly: Seeing how bad the lines are O & D

EDIT: I wouldn't mind a QB by committie approach to this season...
I'd keep all 4 as I think all will get injured at some point in the season. Shocked

We'll buy a truckload of vicodin... gonna need it Laughing

A lot of beer too...For the fans. Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: