Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Future Forecast. Who to look for in 1st round
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EricAllen21 wrote:
This is what I hope pans out

Pryor just named a started and see what we got. He is a boom or bust player, might as well see what he has to offer, if he can get better with experience. If he excels great, or he flops we will have Clowney. You a Pryor hater if you dont recnogize he has alot of potential.

1st Clowney
2nd Derek Carr

I really like Carr alot, is a leader can make all the throws and is a game. Would be a great bargain in the 2nd. Two huge impact players with the first two picks if Pryor flops

Potential as a passer? Don't see it. Too inconsistent and make too many poor decisions with the ball.

He's exciting because of his athletic ability, but that's it. He's not a threat as a passer and DCs would find ways to contain him and turn him into a passer.

But for me... it's whatever. I want to see what the team does with Flynn. I expect a conservative, ball control offense w/ limited mistakes. Can the defense play at a high enough level to support that approach is the question?

If the defense isn't pulling their weight to win w/ a ball control offense, then roll w/ Pryor and see what happens.

End of the day, neither QB has a life span here in Oakland. Stop gap options until they find a permanent solution.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DP

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
EricAllen21 wrote:
This is what I hope pans out

Pryor just named a started and see what we got. He is a boom or bust player, might as well see what he has to offer, if he can get better with experience. If he excels great, or he flops we will have Clowney. You a Pryor hater if you dont recnogize he has alot of potential.

1st Clowney
2nd Derek Carr

I really like Carr alot, is a leader can make all the throws and is a game. Would be a great bargain in the 2nd. Two huge impact players with the first two picks if Pryor flops

Potential as a passer? Don't see it. Too inconsistent and make too many poor decisions with the ball.

He's exciting because of his athletic ability, but that's it. He's not a threat as a passer and DCs would find ways to contain him and turn him into a passer.

But for me... it's whatever. I want to see what the team does with Flynn. I expect a conservative, ball control offense w/ limited mistakes. Can the defense play at a high enough level to support that approach is the question?

If the defense isn't pulling their weight to win w/ a ball control offense, then roll w/ Pryor and see what happens.

End of the day, neither QB has a life span here in Oakland. Stop gap options until they find a permanent solution.

I agree with the bold. Pryor hasnt done enough to win the job and Flynn has done anything to lose it. It would seem our D will be better and will take the ball away a little more than last season. ST will help greatly as well.

Our plus/minus thus far is +2. Last season we had -3 at the end of the preseason. This next game should be a big test for being safe with the ball. The Bears are one of the best if not the best at takeaway's right now.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:

Our plus/minus thus far is +2. Last season we had -3 at the end of the preseason. This next game should be a big test for being safe with the ball. The Bears are one of the best if not the best at takeaway's right now.

To what do we attribute these takeaways?

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

uhh not sure I understand the question but if I understand correctly they would be attributed to Interceptions and FF's.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

uhh not sure I understand the question but if I understand correctly they would be attributed to Interceptions and FF's.

I think he's saying "Are they the reason for the take aways or were their opponents giving the ball away"

bungleodeon wrote:
Sorry, it's Tuesday and that means I drink.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

I think he's saying "Are they the reason for the take aways or were their opponents giving the ball away"

In that case the Bears are the reason. This is not only my opinion but it is widely accepted opinion around the league and media.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Generally speaking, what causes INTs?

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Good coverage and rushing the passer well?

bungleodeon wrote:
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

In the NFL, good defense unless the QB makes a big mistake.

What exactly are you trying to argue that they are not great at taking the ball away and every team they play just gives it to them?

If that is not it just come out with whatever it is your are tying to say.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

DING DING DING

Bonez wrote:
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

DING DING DING

OH MY GOD THIS NEVER HAPPENS! WHAT DO I WIN?!?

bungleodeon wrote:
Sonic Raider

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OG Anthony Steen (Alabama)
LB Shayne Skov (Stanford)
LB C.J. Mosley (Alabama)

Those are the 3 I can think of on top of my head right now.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sonic Raider wrote:
OG Anthony Steen (Alabama)
LB Shayne Skov (Stanford)
LB C.J. Mosley (Alabama)

Those are the 3 I can think of on top of my head right now.

Steen is a RG. The Raiders need a LG. Steen got absolutely abused by Richardson in 2012. I like Steen I have watched some film on him he is OK but I don't see a 1st rounder.

Skov might have a drinking problem. I see him slipping unless he has a huge season.

I've never broken down Mosley. Hence, I don't have an opinion.

Bonez wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: