Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why Jadeveon Clowney won't be the No. 1 NFL draft pick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
bitty wrote:
Never said that, he's a great prospect but he needs work.
Everyone gets mad when I say Clowney needs work.

There is no such thing as a perfect prospect, every player can get better. The physical tools and production that Clowney brings to the table come around in a defensive end prospect once every ten to fifteen years. And with a guy like Clowney it's not even all about the production it's about the impact he has when he's on the field. Offenses literally run plays to keep the ball away from Clowney and double/triple team him regularly which opens up opportunities for his teammates.

No dude, he's terrible. Who cares about his awesome film & awesome physical tools? Clowney is a clown. The worst prospect ever. I mean, he's got things to work on. Bleh!

Now Teddy Bridgewater, that guy is perfect. Oh boy, I'll tell you what. He's like Andrew Luck, Peyton Manning, & John Elway. He's the greatest prospect ever. Nothing to improve upon like Clown boy.

Bitty has converted me into the church of being a contrarian. May the hipster soul be with ye all who are not on board.

“If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, I’m uncoachable, I’m unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Bitty has converted me into the church of being a contrarian.

Interesting....I was under the impression you were a minister or something in there.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to start a new thread called "Why Bridgewater won't be the #1 pick" but Bridgewater really isn't worthy on his own thread.

Quote:
Voters (and the masses), apparently, only watched the Cardinals play one game last season—an admittedly impressive Sugar Bowl romp over Florida. But the rest of their season left something to be desired.

Louisville lost to 5-7 Connecticut at home, got spanked (by 19 points) at Syracuse, barely beat 3-9 South Florida and Cincinnati in Louisville and needed a late fourth-quarter score to beat 0-12 Southern Mississippi. If any other team had that dismal body of work, would it have been rewarded with a top-10 ranking?

Much of the hype surrounding Bridgewater revolves around the Florida game. What happens if Louisville fails to live up to it's #10 ranking? Are you not supporting your guy the same way Clowney supporters are doing?

I like Bridgewater but there are other prospects I like just as much or better. My concerns are as follows:

1) Lack of Supporting Cast. Lack of supporting cast is the primary reason that rookie QBs fail. Kaepernick and Russell are so effective because they both got drafted late by stacked teams. Keapernick & Russell are going to ruin the careers of a lot of QBs drafted too early attempting to copycat the 9ers and Hawks. The Raiders need to hit on draft picks on the OL before attempting to develop a QB.

2) Read Option is the new Wildcat. A few seasons ago everyone said the Wildcat was the future until teams got a few seasons under their belt to dissect it. This summer there have a number of defensive geniuses (Saban) who claim they plan to put the read option to rest this season now that they've got film on it. Many are sold on the new formation. I am not. (Yet) This season will go a long way in convincing me the read option is here to stay.

3) Release. One of the primary factors that I use to evaluate QBs is release. Quickness of release can make up for a weak OL. Some of the QBs with a quick release: Marino, Peyton, Luck, Elway, Young, Keapernick, Palmer. I'd have to evaluate Bridgewaters release before I can endorse him. Having a slow release behind a porous OL is a sure ticket to the IR.
ryanTHEtrojan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this deserved its own thread or not but is anyone watching the South Carolina/North Carolina game? Wanted to see how Clowney is doing. His name isnt getting called much but it looks like he is getting double and triple teamed every play. He did just get called for a dumb offsides penalty on fourth down I think because he was trying to make a big play and the sideline reporter was just saying how Clowney looks gassed, probably as a result of the 16 play drive by UNC. Any other observations?
Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he's been in and out of the game, apparently he's winded
Darkness

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
I wanted to start a new thread called "Why Bridgewater won't be the #1 pick" but Bridgewater really isn't worthy on his own thread.

Quote:
Voters (and the masses), apparently, only watched the Cardinals play one game last season—an admittedly impressive Sugar Bowl romp over Florida. But the rest of their season left something to be desired.

Louisville lost to 5-7 Connecticut at home, got spanked (by 19 points) at Syracuse, barely beat 3-9 South Florida and Cincinnati in Louisville and needed a late fourth-quarter score to beat 0-12 Southern Mississippi. If any other team had that dismal body of work, would it have been rewarded with a top-10 ranking?

Much of the hype surrounding Bridgewater revolves around the Florida game. What happens if Louisville fails to live up to it's #10 ranking? Are you not supporting your guy the same way Clowney supporters are doing?

I like Bridgewater but there are other prospects I like just as much or better. My concerns are as follows:

1) Lack of Supporting Cast. Lack of supporting cast is the primary reason that rookie QBs fail. Kaepernick and Russell are so effective because they both got drafted late by stacked teams. Keapernick & Russell are going to ruin the careers of a lot of QBs drafted too early attempting to copycat the 9ers and Hawks. The Raiders need to hit on draft picks on the OL before attempting to develop a QB.

2) Read Option is the new Wildcat. A few seasons ago everyone said the Wildcat was the future until teams got a few seasons under their belt to dissect it. This summer there have a number of defensive geniuses (Saban) who claim they plan to put the read option to rest this season now that they've got film on it. Many are sold on the new formation. I am not. (Yet) This season will go a long way in convincing me the read option is here to stay.

3) Release. One of the primary factors that I use to evaluate QBs is release. Quickness of release can make up for a weak OL. Some of the QBs with a quick release: Marino, Peyton, Luck, Elway, Young, Keapernick, Palmer. I'd have to evaluate Bridgewaters release before I can endorse him. Having a slow release behind a porous OL is a sure ticket to the IR.

Honest question. Have you ever watched Bridgewater play? I remember at the beginning of the off-season you calling him a running QB and now you're bringing up the read option again when talking about him. Why would you list his release as a concern if you haven't evaluated it? Just curious because it sounds like you don't know much about him.
bitty

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

90 for SC is looking good
bitty

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

South Carolina's whole team looks tired.
DudeWhat??

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is easy...how about you guys try building...like for real this time..with picks..like how the ravens and pats and steelers do it(although the steelers have more of a farm type system, we pick the best player for us)...Trade down.

Listen to some of the "real" complaints you guys have...Trade Down and get

Now you have a WR and some extra Picks..with those picks build up your line..at the bottom of the 1st or second..depending on how well you trade ..build your interior line.

You get this guy...

Xavier Su'a-Filo

If he somehow slips through your fingers..your good..you get one of these two who are just as good really..

Gabe Jackson and David Yankey

As for that overglorified DE you wanted...(although I admit Clowney will be a beast) you can pick one up in the third..you have a nice crop to pick from- 1 of these 3

Aaron Lynch, Scott Crichton and Will Sutton

and you can pick up a QB later in the draft...use free agency and pick a qb first round in 2015..

in 2014 you could pick up carr or keith price or Keaton(chuckie is going to be a steal..he is slightly taller johnny football with better passing skill set) or david fales later in the draft..and next year you could get Hundley or Hogan. ...someone like that ...

your welcome...

Now as a steeler fan..Ignore everything I said and just pick Clowney or Teddy.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
bitty wrote:
91jmay wrote:
If our staff is 100% sold that Teddy is a franchise, all pro calibre QB then yes you 100% take him, but if there is any doubt you draft Clowney.

We have to wait until after the season but as of right now he's looking like the real deal.

That's what they said about Tyler Wilson....

WHO SAID THAT???

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clowney looked pretty bad last night, completely out of shape, looked like Rolando McClain taking plays off. Very lazy last night.
bitty

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what hurt Clowney more the game or his interview?
big_palooka

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clowney had a stomach virus earlier in the week. Just something to keep in mind while building your hater case.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Clowney had a stomach virus earlier in the week. Just something to keep in mind while building your hater case.

Wasn't that around the time he said he will destroy NCs LT and make him lose millions in the upcoming draft?
His play can be excused but talking like a idiot can't.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DudeWhat?? wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
bitty wrote:
91jmay wrote:
If our staff is 100% sold that Teddy is a franchise, all pro calibre QB then yes you 100% take him, but if there is any doubt you draft Clowney.

We have to wait until after the season but as of right now he's looking like the real deal.

That's what they said about Tyler Wilson....

WHO SAID THAT???

Can't you go annoy some of your teams posters? Laughing

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 10 of 30

Jump to: