Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

who not making the final 53 will upset you?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
spilltray wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
Ill he upset if either Kuhn or Crosby make the team.

With no real replacement for either on the roster, I'd bet both make the 53.
We don't need a replacement for Kuhn. He doesn't do anything well anyway. A guy like Mulligan, if he can get back healthy, would essentially be Kuhn's replacement.

As for Crosby, still holding out hope we sign Carp or Lindell.

A TE can do some of the things a FB does, but I don't think that is going to be something they trust as a 100% only way to do things. They aren't going to worry about the projection. Kuhn is a very reliable blitz pickup guy, ok lead blocker and good ST player. That will earn him a roster spot.
Bolded = Not true. Kuhn is average in pass pro and pick up, he is a terrible lead blocker, the worst short yardage guy in the NFL and an average ST's guy. Just a waste of a roster space.
spilltray

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Bingo. I'll be really mad if John Kuhn wastes yet another roster spot. The guy is trash.

He's not exciting, but he does alot of the things pretty well. He's a decent in the roles he's given, other than the lame 3rd and 1 FB dives. As of right now, they don't have anyone better for some of those roles.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Bingo. I'll be really mad if John Kuhn wastes yet another roster spot. The guy is trash.

He's not exciting, but he does alot of the things pretty well. He's a decent in the roles he's given, other than the lame 3rd and 1 FB dives. As of right now, they don't have anyone better for some of those roles.

I'd also like to add that Kuhn does convert some of those FB dives, not as often as we'd like. I have very serious doubts that any of the TEs could do that. And that takes a possible play out of the book.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
spilltray wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

I'd also like to add that Kuhn does convert some of those FB dives, not as often as we'd like. I have very serious doubts that any of the TEs could do that. And that takes a possible play out of the book.

I'd tell you without skipping a beat that having Jeff Saturday and EDS last year was the reason for most of those failures as well. especially Saturday!! He was not driving anyone off the ball last year at all.
wiscsports28

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want to see Alex Green get a chance still as a 4th running back because I think cutting him after a unlucky injury would be quite unfair, I still think theres a chance there.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

I really don't think he does much of anything well. He doesn't make anybody better either. At least a guy like Bush works really well with Masthay and he can help flip position and pin a team back to help out our defense. Kuhn is made better by everybody around him, he makes nobody else look better.
spilltray

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wiscsports28 wrote:
I really want to see Alex Green get a chance still as a 4th running back because I think cutting him after a unlucky injury would be quite unfair, I still think theres a chance there.

I still think Green will end up on the roster as RB #3 because I don't think Harris will stay healthy enough to make the roster. He pretty much hasn't done any work this offseason and is still just as much of a major project as he was last season.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wiscsports28 wrote:
And I am in the exact opposite camp. I want Green cut and keep Starks as the #4 back. I think Franklin can do what Green does but is a better natural runner than Green. I'd rather have Starks spelling Harris and Lacy if need be, I don't trust Green to run the ball at all.
Macc_Aviv

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
wiscsports28 wrote:
And I am in the exact opposite camp. I want Green cut and keep Starks as the #4 back. I think Franklin can do what Green does but is a better natural runner than Green. I'd rather have Starks spelling Harris and Lacy if need be, I don't trust Green to run the ball at all.

The way I see it, Lacy can play on all 3 downs, and will only get better in blitz pickup as he sees more reps and improves his familiarity with the playbook. Harris is a guy who can go in there and get you yards on first and second down, and can spell Lacy as a runner.

To compliment them I keep Green this year, because he has really been solid as a 3rd down back type in the pre-season so far. He seems to understand where he's supposed to be, seems like a solid enough blocker, and has good hands out of the backfield. Starks is a better runner, but drops the ball more often than he catches it, and seems to whiff every time on blitz pickup. Also, Starks has looked good at times in the pre-season so far running behind the 1st team offensive line. He didn't look any better than Green in the last pre-season game running behind the 2nd/3rd string o-line. Green seems to play a lot of reps on special teams too.

I think Franklin is a year away from contributing and will start as a game-day inactive. Could be wrong about that, but I think he needs a year in the system.
driftwood

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:

I really want #17 (Curvin Johnson) to make the team

he'll be IR'ed before he ever sees waivers this year (especially if he cant pass a physical before the pre-season ends)
Beast

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron Rodgers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: