Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens sugn former Colts, Broncos WR Brandon Stokley
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
I dig it. Stokley will always be golden as far as I'm concerned because of that Super Bowl touchdown and given how little regard I have for Hostler as a WR coach I see him as at the very least a pretty good player-coach type for the rest of camp. Has a lot to teach the young'ns in terms of route-running and work ethic. And he has the ability to work out of the slot, which is what we're most missing right now.

I think he's going to get every chance possible to make the roster as well. Don't think we'd be kicking the tires with so many ex-Caldwell guys if we didn't think that familiarity would be important.

Glad I'm not the only one who's not high at all with Jim Hostler.

As for this signing - meh - Stokley's nothing special in any regard, but I suppose if anything it gives Flacco a reliable set of hands to throw to.

After we hired him five years ago, it's like we completely forgot he existed and blamed the receiving problems on everyone else.

As for Stokley, I love this signing based on nostalgia alone. It's still crazy to think he's finally back!

And from all the reports I read on Twitter from Aaron Wilson and the BR.com account, he's been tearing it up.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ Not that I don't trust those kinds of reports on players playing well in camp, but... I don't trust them completely. It's more or less their jobs to pump fans up some and instill some sort of confidence about the team. Sure they're writers, but most are writers with associations to the team.

I mean, it's things like Dickson being not mentioned too much in camp for the first two days or so until Pitta goes down and then suddenly, he's "having the camp of his life". And I'm sure Stokley has something left in the tank, but like you've said, reports make it seem like the guy is looking really good. Perhaps he is, I can only hope, but... I think I'll wait to at least a preseason game to feel confident about how he looks. I mean Deonte Thompson was purportedly tearing up practices too and when in the game he dropped two passes and hurt an ankle.

GaTechRavens wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
I dig it. Stokley will always be golden as far as I'm concerned because of that Super Bowl touchdown and given how little regard I have for Hostler as a WR coach I see him as at the very least a pretty good player-coach type for the rest of camp. Has a lot to teach the young'ns in terms of route-running and work ethic. And he has the ability to work out of the slot, which is what we're most missing right now.

I think he's going to get every chance possible to make the roster as well. Don't think we'd be kicking the tires with so many ex-Caldwell guys if we didn't think that familiarity would be important.

Glad I'm not the only one who's not high at all with Jim Hostler.

As for this signing - meh - Stokley's nothing special in any regard, but I suppose if anything it gives Flacco a reliable set of hands to throw to.

After we hired him five years ago, it's like we completely forgot he existed and blamed the receiving problems on everyone else.

As for Stokley, I love this signing based on nostalgia alone. It's still crazy to think he's finally back!

Well tbf to Hostler, he did have Cam Cameron's antiquated offense aiding in making it difficult for his receivers to get open. Not saying I'm for Hostler or anything, but I wouldn't really completely blame our WRs inability to get open on him. Just like they were dealing with a wrecked system with few utilized routes, so was Hostler. So I still think he's just unproven at this point. Though if Torrey Smith lights it up this season and if Deonte Thompson looks like a player, we'll have to concede that maybe our WRs recent development has had to do with not only their work ethic (Torrey) but also his coaching ability (Thompson, etc.)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: