Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Harvin To Undergo Surgery
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's just admit it now, we paid the wrong guy(s). Maybe its not clear right now, but Golden Tate and Doug Baldwin are going to explode this season, I truly believe this, and we both know you could have extended both guys for less than the Harvin deal. Now both are free agents after this season.
imani

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silus was right ........now we can get back to reality

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We ran like 56% of the time, our offense will be fine.

Kempes

#JDI
Officer Ricky

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silus wrote:
Let's just admit it now, we paid the wrong guy(s). Maybe its not clear right now, but Golden Tate and Doug Baldwin are going to explode this season, I truly believe this, and we both know you could have extended both guys for less than the Harvin deal. Now both are free agents after this season.

To each their own, but I'm not so quick to give up. It was a hefty price indeed and it may hinder Tate & Baldwin's signings, but I recall from somewhere I read that JS & Idzik have planned how to retain the upcoming core of the team throughout the next few years(Idk if they factored in Harvin at the time). I'm not to worried about retaining our own players because I think the Seahawks are a world class organization and I truly believe the players on this team want to be here, truly, and I believe they'll take a little sacrifice if need to.

Didn't give up on Okung when he was getting injured left and right in his first two seasons, and not giving up on Harvin before he even stepped on the field yet. Sucks that he can't play now, but it's just for the time being. There's a reason the Seahawks were widely considered by many to be a superbowl favorite with his addition, they still are without him, but I would assume his acquisition put the hawks over the top to many.
imani

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Percy Harvin's surgery went 'very well', Seahawks won't rush him back

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2013-08-01/pete-carroll-percy-harvin-hip-injury-surgery-seattle-seahawks

Quote:
The Seattle Seahawks are cautiously optimistic that injured wide receiver Percy Harvin will be able to play for them sometime during the 2013 season. Coach Pete Carroll told reporters on Thursday that Harvin's hip surgery went "very well", but there's also no timetable for his return.

"We're hopeful he'll have a chance to get back," Carroll said.

Harvin announced on Tuesday that based on a second opinion, he decided to undergo a procedure in New York to repair his slightly torn labrum. If all goes well in his recovery, Harvin would have a chance to return in early December in time for the final five weeks of the regular season. According to an NFL Network report on Wednesday, a possible target date is Dec. 2, for the Week 13 matchup with the New Orleans Saints.

The Seahawks will err on the side of caution with Harvin, and not rush him back into the lineup. Knowing they can still be a strong NFC contender without him, just getting him healthy back in time for the playoffs would be a big boon.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

silus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derrick Rose comparisons in 3-2-1...
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silus wrote:
how can you even pretend to accurately make that assessment before even THIS season has began? That's a ridiculous claim, be frank. Wait until at least the end if the year to make that call

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
bobob123

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sucks. I had high hopes for Harvin in this offense, but I don't think it will hurt our chances to make a SB run.. If we can get him back by like week 13 it would be perfect timing.

"Guess what! I got a fever, and the only prescription, is MORE COWBELL!!" - Christopher Walken
hawks4ever8

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silus wrote:
i dont agree because in the long run harvin is way better... but it is a good point that we dont have room in the cap for all of them.

adopt-a-hawk team: Kam Chancellor
Alan Branch
Marcus Trufant
Byron Maxwell
silus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
silus wrote:
how can you even pretend to accurately make that assessment before even THIS season has began? That's a ridiculous claim, be frank. Wait until at least the end if the year to make that call

Sounds like you want other reasons...ok. A run heavy, defense oriented team that already has a lot of receivers. Why would a team like that pay top dollar for a slot receiver when he's not going to get the ball enough to justify his pay? And if you're giving top dollar to him, how does that affect keeping/paying the best secondary in the league? Why would any of them sacrifice their own pay to stay on the team when the Seahawks just brought an outsider in and made him the highest paid player on the team? You think they don't notice?
Plush

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silus wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
silus wrote:

Sounds like you want other reasons...ok. A run heavy, defense oriented team that already has a lot of receivers. Why would a team like that pay top dollar for a slot receiver when he's not going to get the ball enough to justify his pay? And if you're giving top dollar to him, how does that affect keeping/paying the best secondary in the league? Why would any of them sacrifice their own pay to stay on the team when the Seahawks just brought an outsider in and made him the highest paid player on the team? You think they don't notice?

Do you not know who harvin is? Did you not know how old Leon was? Did you know what weapon are offense lacked most last year? Do you know who harvin is?

You sound like osprey right now if Russell Wilson would have gotten injured last season.
sirensong

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silus wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
silus wrote:

Harvin is an 8mill receiver, and a 4mill kick returner. And arguably the most dynamic offensive weapon in football. You sound so dumb right now its incredible. Getting him is why we cut Leon and thats 4mill right there, hes getting paid what he is because of his value all over the field and the threat he brings each and ever time hes on the field.
Ring Worm Sherm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still extremely happy we got Percy and excited for when he comes back. He may be injury prone but I think he will eventually get over the injury bug and be a real big threat for us down the road. Hopefully he returns at the end of the year and gives us that spark into the postseason a la kaepernick last year

“Its pay back, Russell Wilson"
imani

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Percy Harvin hints at Week 7 return for Seahawks

http://www.king5.com/news/Percy-Harvin-hints-at-Week-7-return-222526831.html

Quote:
Injured Seahawks wide receiver Percy Harvin sent out a teaser to fans on Twitter Wednesday, hinting that he could be back before midseason.

“What's goin 12th man just checkn in ...I'm making serious progress ...keep an eye on week 7...don't hang them 11's up.....we workn,” wrote Harvin. "I'm starving so bad to get on this field my ribs showing....there's nothing worse then watching ur boys battle and u can do nothin.just wait."

wwhickok wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: