Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Competitions You'll be Watching Closely in Preseason Game 1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sp6488

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Competitions You'll be Watching Closely in Preseason Game 1 Reply with quote

Not necessarily just what you will be watching (i.e. how does Juice look catching passes), but which position competitions do you think will be the most competitive or which are you most interested in? Mine are as follows:

1) Wide Receiver - Torrey will undoubtedly be the #1 and Jacoby will be the #2/#3 (either way he'll get a healthy number of snaps), but this competition is wide open after these two. LaQuan Willams, Thompson, Streeter, Doss, David Reid and the first year guys will have quite the battle to earn the remaining 3 or 4 spots.

2) DB - Things are pretty set with our first 4 CB spots with Webb, Smith, Brown and Graham as well as the top 2 S spots with Huff and Elam (Ihebigo is probably guaranteed a spot as well), but the reserve spots should be hotly contested with Asa Jackson and Christian Thompson both set to lose time to suspension. Reports from TC say that Omar Brown continues to have a nose for the ball. Can he or another young guy like Marc Anthony force their way onto the 53 man roster?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely the competition at WR. Reading the reports from the Navy practice, it sounds like Deonte Thompson might be more than a deep threat. They're lining him up in the slot quite a bit, and he's consistently making plays. I want to see that in the pre-season games.

I'd also add Marlon Brown to the battle for the last couple of spots on the roster. I think he's looking more likely to stick than Tommy Streeter.

I'm also looking forward to the TE competition, because I want to see Ed Dickson step up to replace Dennis Pitta, but also I really want to see Matt Furstenburg make the roster. Whether in addition to Bajema and Shiancoe, or in replacement of one of the, I'm not fussed.

And I want to see how things shake out at ILB. Brown, Smith, Bynes, Hall, Carr, McClain. Not enough room for all of them.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WR and ILB for me.

SteelKing728 wrote:
I got Andrew Luck winning MVP this year

Official stalker victim of Harper41.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to the ILB spot the most. That spot is probably the most unsettled position on the team and we have four quality starting talents... Plus McClain (if he clears in time). So I'm looking forward to see who separates themselves. This is the first time in our franchise history that the position is this level of unsettled. This is sort of a historic competition. So I'm looking forward to seeing who settles into the spot and how settled it really looks going into the season. And really it's a position that's pretty easy to scout as the ILB is usually always in view during the broadcast.

Beyond ILB, I'm looking forward to seeing how the corners cover. That's another position that's somewhat unsettled. You've got Webb, but then three other guys looking to man that #2 and #3 spot. The hope is that Jimmy Smith finally has figured it out and is looking like a shutdown corner, but one has to wonder if he indeed is on his way to being a first round bust. But Chykie Brown and Corey Graham have looked nice when they've played. I'm hoping someone really captures the position.

WR will be important, but with Flacco quarterbacking I'm relatively confident in the passing game no matter how the wide receiver and tight end positions shake out.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really looking forward to see what the starting defensive line will look like. I realize there will be a heavy rotation, but it seems like with the talent we have there the starting positions of all 3 spots are up for grabs.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Integrity wrote:
I'm really looking forward to see what the starting defensive line will look like. I realize there will be a heavy rotation, but it seems like with the talent we have there the starting positions of all 3 spots are up for grabs.

LE - Jones/Spears
RE - Canty
DT - Ngata

There, solved.

SteelKing728 wrote:
I got Andrew Luck winning MVP this year

Official stalker victim of Harper41.
BareYourTeeth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Integrity wrote:

LE - Jones/Spears
RE - Canty
DT - Ngata

There, solved.

LE - Canty/Spears
RE - Ngata/Jones
DT - Williams

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: