Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Terrell Suggs endorses Josh Bynes as starter...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What's your linebacker duo prediction?
Josh Bynes/Arthur Brown
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Josh Bynes/Daryl Smith
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Josh Bynes/Albert Mclellan
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Arthur Brown/Daryl Smith
63%
 63%  [ 7 ]
Arthur Brown/Albert Mclellan
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Daryl Smith/Albert McClellan
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

diamondbull424

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Terrell Suggs endorses Josh Bynes as starter... Reply with quote

Baltimore Ravens.com wrote:
“Ravens Nation make sure ya’ll follow our new starting Mike linebacker [Josh Bynes] @bynestime56,” Suggs wrote on Twitter last week. “This kid is the truth!!!!!!”

Bynes has sort of been lost in the shuffle for most of the discussion on the ILB job after adding Brown and Smith.

I thought Bynes looked really good in his stint in the regular season and with the news that Bynes has been really looking well in training camp and with Suggs endorsement, this is great news.

Do you guys think that Bynes holds onto one of the starting ILB spots?

Who do you think will be our starting ILBs this season?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could potentially see him and Arthur Brown getting the starting spots, particularly of McClain's neck issue is still bothering him. Daryl Smith is a bit older and dealing with some injury issues himself, so it wouldn't surprise me to see us keep him more on a rotational basis with Brown and Bynes starting. They complement each other nicely as well.

^ I don't quite get why simon made this my losing sig about the Chiefs. I don't think I've made a single post in this forum.

XBL GT: kanxalanx
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been quietly pimping Bynes this offseason... I have faith in him to grow as a starter. He was sort of thrown into the fire late in the regular season and obviously struggled but showed some flashes as well, and with a full offseason and TC to prepare for a role in the defense I've had faith in Bynes to be a good player for us.

At this stage I expect Smith and Bynes to be our opening day starters at ILB. I think Harbaugh will opt for some experience, particularly given it's Peyton Manning we're facing in Week 1. Even though he was only signed in June, I think Smith will be trusted with the headset to start things out and Brown will get at least a couple of weeks of rotational play before getting a more extended run with the 1st team defense.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.”
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't see it - unless Daryl Smith has REALLY regressed or gets injured. I think it's going to be Arthur Brown and either Smith or McClellan

SteelKing728 wrote:
I got Andrew Luck winning MVP this year

Official stalker victim of Harper41.
BareYourTeeth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to go with Brown, as the weak ILB, and Smith, the strong ILB. Bynes will still see the field plenty, whether it's playing MLB when the team goes 4-3 or rotating with Smith.

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown and Smith. I think Brown will earn that starting spot in TC, and I think Smith will pick up the scheme well enough, and be a good enough leader, to ensure he starts the season as well.

It may be that Bynes displaces Smith at some point during the season, if he's as impressive as Suggs believes he is. But I think he'd have to be pretty amazing for Harbaugh and Peas to want a rookie and a guy who has only made a couple of starts to be their starting MLBs going into the season.

I have to say though, none of this sounds good for McClain. Even if he can get healthy, and get cleared to practice and play, he's going to have a lot of ground to make up. Not only on Smith and Brown, but on Bynes and McClellan and even Hall and Carr too.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
I've been quietly pimping Bynes this offseason... I have faith in him to grow as a starter. He was sort of thrown into the fire late in the regular season and obviously struggled but showed some flashes as well, and with a full offseason and TC to prepare for a role in the defense I've had faith in Bynes to be a good player for us.

At this stage I expect Smith and Bynes to be our opening day starters at ILB. I think Harbaugh will opt for some experience, particularly given it's Peyton Manning we're facing in Week 1. Even though he was only signed in June, I think Smith will be trusted with the headset to start things out and Brown will get at least a couple of weeks of rotational play before getting a more extended run with the 1st team defense.

Agreed on both accounts. I've been thinking the same thing. That Harbaugh will elect for that extra level of experience to start the season.

I think Brown will make his money rotating in as a 3rd down backer. Use his athleticism and coverage skills.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: