Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Minnesota Twins Thread: Welcome Ervin Santana! (4/54M)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 59, 60, 61  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_23746793/minnesota-twins-eddie-vedder-visits-again?source=pkg

Quote:
"That was pretty cool," Twins first baseman Justin Morneau said. "I'm sure people in Seattle don't want to hear it, but he says we're his American League team. It's always fun seeing him. He's a huge baseball fan."

Raised in Chicago, Vedder is a longtime Cubs fan. He has gotten to know the Twins through team broadcaster Ron Coomer, whom he met at a baseball fantasy camp.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_23745361/minnesota-twins-miguel-sano-benched-fourth-straight-game?source=pkg

Quote:
Twins Double-A third baseman Miguel Sano, the third-rated prospect in the entire minor leagues, was not in the starting lineup for a fourth consecutive game Saturday night in Reading, Pa.

Sano, 20, hasn't played for New Britain since Tuesday, when his final at-bat included a long home run and 29-second jaunt around the bases.

Must have really ticked off Terry Ryan Confused
GoPackGo25

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_23745361/minnesota-twins-miguel-sano-benched-fourth-straight-game?source=pkg

Quote:
Twins Double-A third baseman Miguel Sano, the third-rated prospect in the entire minor leagues, was not in the starting lineup for a fourth consecutive game Saturday night in Reading, Pa.

Sano, 20, hasn't played for New Britain since Tuesday, when his final at-bat included a long home run and 29-second jaunt around the bases.

This is really stupid, as Sano's bat was finally starting to heat up. I think one or two games would have been ok, but 4? C'mon.

Credit: TheDeeeeej
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo25 wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:

Quote:

This is really stupid, as Sano's bat was finally starting to heat up. I think one or two games would have been ok, but 4? C'mon.

They had him working as first base coach over the weekend. Laughing He was back in the starting lineup yesterday.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Butera is Gone!
symbaton

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm about to go to my first ever game at Target Field tomorrow... any tips on food/drinks/anything else? Thanks Smile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

symbaton wrote:
I'm about to go to my first ever game at Target Field tomorrow... any tips on food/drinks/anything else? Thanks Smile

Just enjoy the view. It's a beautiful ballpark.
GoPackGo25

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
symbaton wrote:

Just enjoy the view. It's a beautiful ballpark.
Most definitely this. I went about a week ago to a game vs the Royals, we had dugout seats that retail around 100$ for free because we know a season ticket holder and we felt like we were right by the players. It was great.

The food there is good, but it's so expensive. I would honestly rather eat and have a few drinks before I go into the game. I ended up spending 6$ for a hotdog, 5$ for a small popcorn and 8.50$ for a beer, as I just turned 21 a couple months ago. Definitely not worth it but if you're like me and don't go too often it doesn't matter, mine as well drop the big bucks. Laughing

Credit: TheDeeeeej
The Gnat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally a nice starting performance for the Twins, that was an absolute gem thrown by Andrew Albers. Probably will never be that good again, but one can hope that he can be at least semi-consistent.

Vikefan79

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else feel like Arcia can be a 30-35 homerun guy when he becomes fulltime player?
sportskid_021

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish Morneau woulda gotten on this hot streak sooner, maybe the Twins coulda gotten something for him at the trade deadline.

I think they said as of today, for the month of August- Morneau is leading the MLB in HR and RBI.

"There's only one Tree Hill, and it's your home." ~ 2003-2012
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sportskid_021 wrote:
I wish Morneau woulda gotten on this hot streak sooner, maybe the Twins coulda gotten something for him at the trade deadline.

I think they said as of today, for the month of August- Morneau is leading the MLB in HR and RBI.

I'm thinking he did it on purpose
sportskid_021

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
sportskid_021 wrote:

If thats the case, he shoulda waited til past the non waiver deadline... But either way love the avy VF79... Angie by in far is my fave of those 3

"There's only one Tree Hill, and it's your home." ~ 2003-2012
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sportskid_021 wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
sportskid_021 wrote:

If thats the case, he shoulda waited til past the non waiver deadline... But either way love the avy VF79... Angie by in far is my fave of those 3

Yeah I love her too. I'm partial to Jenny though since she's been around the longest. They are all 3 really great and they do a fantastic job promoting Minnesota sports.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
Anyone else feel like Arcia can be a 30-35 homerun guy when he becomes fulltime player?

I think normally probably a 20-25 guy who bats .280-.290 but he'll probably have a year or two where he breaks the 30 total.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 39 of 61

Jump to: