Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Pro Bowl Game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: 2014 Pro Bowl Game Reply with quote

Season didn't really start but some movement on the horizon:

Per Roto:

Quote:
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the NFL is scrapping the traditional AFC/NFC Pro Bowl format, and will adopt a "Pro-Bowl fantasy-like draft."
"Captains" Jerry Rice and Deion Sanders will reportedly choose the squads in Hawaii. This year's game will be played on January 26 in Honolulu, and will not feature kickoffs. It's similar to what the NHL has done with its All-Star game, though Canada's national pastime lets current players choose the teams. Perhaps it's an improvement on the now defunct AFC/NFC format, but the hand-wringing over the league's All-Star exhibition has never made much sense. The game is inherently meaningless. This isn't going to change that, and will likely make the proceedings even more frivolous.

PhillyChief

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 2014 Pro Bowl Game Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
Season didn't really start but some movement on the horizon:

Per Roto:

Quote:
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the NFL is scrapping the traditional AFC/NFC Pro Bowl format, and will adopt a "Pro-Bowl fantasy-like draft."
"Captains" Jerry Rice and Deion Sanders will reportedly choose the squads in Hawaii. This year's game will be played on January 26 in Honolulu, and will not feature kickoffs. It's similar to what the NHL has done with its All-Star game, though Canada's national pastime lets current players choose the teams. Perhaps it's an improvement on the now defunct AFC/NFC format, but the hand-wringing over the league's All-Star exhibition has never made much sense. The game is inherently meaningless. This isn't going to change that, and will likely make the proceedings even more frivolous.

I'd watch this.
Rumless

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it'd be cooler if they chose a star from each conference to pick the squads.

In fact, I'm not sure he's better than our very own London Fletcher.[/quote]
DrewC14

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumless wrote:
I think it'd be cooler if they chose a star from each conference to pick the squads.

I'm sure eventually it will be that way.
2013 Adopt-A-Chief: #17 Donnie Avery, WR
Rec:34 rec./524 yards/15.4 AVG/2 TD

Last Week: 2 rec. 17 yards 8.5 AVG
samsel23

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should really just make it a paid vacation and skills competition for the leagues best, that'll be the only thing I'd watch. I have no interest in a semi-played game. While we're at it, move it back to the week after the Super Bowl.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it absolutely should be after the superbowl. Here are my issues, 1, half the people don't play. 2. How does this affect people that have bonuses written into their contracts for making the pro-bowl?

Props to Loto...the guy does great work
Mongo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'm getting old. This sounds more stupid than the old format. They should scrap the game in favor of an awards show before the Super Bowl to announce the Pro Bowl players, MVP, ROY and COY. Throw in highlights, musical acts, presenters et al and you cd easily fill 3 hours. I'd watch that. I haven't watched the Pro Bowl in well over ten years. It's crap.
TambaHawk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mongo wrote:
I guess I'm getting old. This sounds more stupid than the old format. They should scrap the game in favor of an awards show before the Super Bowl to announce the Pro Bowl players, MVP, ROY and COY. Throw in highlights, musical acts, presenters et al and you cd easily fill 3 hours. I'd watch that. I haven't watched the Pro Bowl in well over ten years. It's crap.

I like that idea.. Have it start at like 2-3 pm with skills challenge so we can name the fastest player and like the best at different skills.. stop at like 6 pm with a nice coverage and highlights leading into an 8 pm show that just announces all that stuff like mvp and pro bowlers and highlights.. Would watch.

TambaHawk wrote:
Oh we are getting a Smith just not Geno Smith Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: