Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cowboys Training Camp / THE DEZ BRYANT SHOW Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 59, 60, 61  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHSTE92 wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
textaz03 wrote:
Dboys88-82 wrote:
Quote:
Blogging The Boys ‏@BloggingTheBoys 9m
RT @SullyBaldHead There is a real chance Cowboys going to sign 36-yr old G Brian Waters, a six-time Pro Bowler who last played in 2012.
dont know how serious this tweet is! If true I don't understand the move, ESP with all the talk coming out in the camp reports from all the reporters on Leary and Arkin. Major head scratcher! Why now?

Well, if a 36 yr old, who didn't play last season is on the radar, I'm guessing that all the reports about Leary/Arkin are over blown. Doesn't make much sense beyond that.

Side note - I believe I read somewhere that Waters grew up dreaming of playing for the Cowboys, so maybe his dream comes true.

He played very, very well in NE. Again a lot of people wanted him back last year but reports are he wanted to be in Texas with his family. Had NE let him go last year I suspect he was a Cowboy already.

Not disagreeing that Waters was/is a hellva player, just seems odd to bring in a guy absent from the game for over a year and at his age. If he comes in cheap, he's could be a real good insurance policy.

*had to do a quick search on Waters. Didn't find anything about him being a Cowboys fan, but he was a 1999 UDFA tight end signed by Dallas. So if he signs, his career will have come full circle.

**EDIT:**

Quote:
Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus 11m
@BrianMillerGA: @BryanBroaddus @Spags52 any truth to the rumor Cowboys maybe be close to signing OG Brian Waters? I was told none.

Bob Sturm wrote:
If you expect me to stop rooting against Philadelphia, their fans, or their football team, then lower your expectations. It won't happen.
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Guys, Kowala is injured. Out a month.

reports were arkin was looking better than him anyways. I dont have much confidence in Arkins ability either.

^^Thanks to Kempes for the sig.^^
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't go by the reports, watch for yourself:

pass rush drills

more drills at about the 1:00:00 mark

For reference, Arkin is 62, Livings is 71. Particularly notice how well Arkin does, and how poorly Livings does on the stunts. Then please remember how much stunts were an issue last year.

I love Bob Sturm, but he needs to watch these videos before he goes off about how Livings should start and Arkin is being overblown.
Tony7188

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt Arkin or Leary will be the starting G's by the end of TC. How many regular season games has he been in? I can see why the Cowboys would be interested in bring in a vet for a year. We already have one rookie on the OL we can't have two more.

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neither are rookies. we're not signing Waters, apparently, but most importantly, watch the guys work on the stunts and remember how badly they gashed us last year.

I swear it's amazing how hard people will work to avoid what's right before their face.

It isn't rocket science. Arkin and Free hold up to stunts, as do Arkin and Frederick (Arkin and Costa, less so). Livings and *anybody* simply means Livings' man has a free run at the QB 3 out of 4 reps.

Now, Livings struggling so much may be making Arkin look better by comparison and maybe what Arkin is doing is merely adequate, but there's no question which of these guys is on my line, rookie(which he isn't, try 3rd year guy) or otherwise.
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was more impressed with Cohen than anyone. Guy seemed to get a good push on nearly every rep.
Free and Arkin, I'm cautiously optimistic. Did solid jobs and I think both(esp. Free) have a chance to start, but they were facing a bunch depth/camp bodies too.

Bob Sturm wrote:
If you expect me to stop rooting against Philadelphia, their fans, or their football team, then lower your expectations. It won't happen.
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought 99 (Long, I believe) showed some real ability and Lissemore was doing well against Fred in particular... might be an individual style thing.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#ArkinWillStart

#SuckItBurningDeuce

^^^Deadpulse
Matts4313

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk Gently wrote:

pass rush drills

For reference, Arkin is 62, Livings is 71. Particularly notice how well Arkin does, and how poorly Livings does on the stunts. Then please remember how much stunts were an issue last year.

I love Bob Sturm, but he needs to watch these videos before he goes off about how Livings should start and Arkin is being overblown.

is that like livings 1sr practice and arkins 15th? Not quite fair.. Maybe let livings knock off some rust.

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
PincheJimmy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
I doubt Arkin or Leary will be the starting G's by the end of TC. How many regular season games has he been in? I can see why the Cowboys would be interested in bring in a vet for a year. We already have one rookie on the OL we can't have two more.

I don't see why we can't bring a Vet for 1 year on the D line as well to replace Crawford. So is Waters a done deal or is it just a rumor at this point???
buckwild

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk Gently wrote:

pass rush drills

No, Sturm is looking at the players objectively while you have a dog in the hunt. You are more biased and may be over looking some things. That's why he gets paid a lot of $$$ to be on the radio, tv while you are just a blogger of a football site.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
Desperado82

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PincheJimmy wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:

I don't see why we can't bring a Vet for 1 year on the D line as well to replace Crawford. So is Waters a done deal or is it just a rumor at this point???

Broaddus stated the Waters rumors were just that - rumors.

^^^Deadpulse
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Dirk Gently wrote:

pass rush drills

is that like livings 1sr practice and arkins 15th? Not quite fair.. Maybe let livings knock off some rust.

Legit observation, but the thing is Livings gets worse (second video is from Livings second day back and is considerably uglier, IMO) and, more to the point, it's exactly what Livings tled with last year-- picking up stunts.

Buckwild, Sturm hadn't looked at the players at all, he was going by last year. He acknowledged to me in a twitter discussion and did look at the first video. He was unconvinced but said it was "interesting stuff".
Desperado82

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the most important thing on the o-line? Chemistry/cohesion between all five guys.

From practices thus far, it seems like Fred - Arkin - Free work well together. It will only benefit Free to work alongside someone who he trusts, especially when going up against the likes of Miller, Orakpo, Kerrigan, and the other numerous pass-rushers this team will face this season.

So long as Arkin can show he can handle the first-team reps during the preseason, I think that just because Burnadeuce or Livings comes back from injury doesn't mean they should be given their job back - and I don't expect that to happen under Garrett.

^^^Deadpulse
SHSTE92

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
What's the most important thing on the o-line? Chemistry/cohesion between all five guys.

From practices thus far, it seems like Fred - Arkin - Free work well together. It will only benefit Free to work alongside someone who he trusts, especially when going up against the likes of Miller, Orakpo, Kerrigan, and the other numerous pass-rushers this team will face this season.

So long as Arkin can show he can handle the first-team reps during the preseason, I think that just because Burnadeuce or Livings comes back from injury doesn't mean they should be given their job back - and I don't expect that to happen under Garrett.

Romo and Laurent Robinson had great chemistry but no one wants him over Dez Bryant. Level of talent still need to be equated in. Akrin needs to prove he can handle his man 1 v. 1 and be an at-least above average starter.

If he comes out and beats Livings, Berndeu, Costa etc for a starting spot it will legit be the best thing that can happen. But chemistry with a RT most were willing to flat out cut in a camp where we are missing almost all our DL starters is not enough to sell me yet.

Prove me wrong Arkin, please this is one crow I'd love to eat. Throw a little hot sauce on there and watch us have a future on the OL for once. Just not sure I will be come week one of the NFL season.

Member of the Tank for Jameis Winston Fan Club #Lamest4Jameis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 38 of 61

Jump to: