Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official 2013 - Training Camp Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
^ yeah, I am giving AJJ a bit longer... as if that matters. If by September, there are other WRs showing more and are more deserving of a spot on the 53? Then, I wouldn't lose a bit of sleep in SF cutting him loose. If they want to drag him along for another season for potential's sake? Whatever... no problem.

I still think we have enough of an arsenal to go deep into the playoffs... Kaep has to be every bit as good as most think.. and we can't afford to lose a guy like VD or Boldin. That could put one hell of a strain on our offensive potency.

I'm with you 100% on I'm 'whatever' on what happens to AJ. The front office has had enough hits to let me live through a late first round miss, especially if a different youngster breaks out.

I know it's a bit more of a touchy subject, but I do have faith that Colin is going to be the type of QB to help guys who might not be as great elsewhere have pretty solid seasons here. From everything we've been hearing, he has the tools to do so.

Frank Gore 10,000 yard tracker:

Currently - 9,967
Ranked 29th all-time
oldman9er

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willis sustains apparent wrist injury early in practice

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2013/07/31/willis-sustains-apparent-wrist-injury-early-in-practice/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29

Quote:
Willis injured his right wrist early in the 49ers’ practice Wednesday and did not participate in the ensuing team drills. Harbaugh and Baalke individually checked on Willis, who remained on the field and watched practice with his wrist heavily wrapped, presumably with ice. Trainers examined Willis’ wrist during a one-on-one blocking drills between LBs and RBs.

Aldon Smith was not practicing Wednesday for the first time this training camp. Smith came out to watch practice in shorts and showed no visible signs of injury, although he had labrum surgery this offseason. Others not practicing were A.J. Jenkins, Kyle Williams and Kassim Osgood, all of whom are battling recent leg injuries. Goodwin was not at practice for a second straight day, although he was at the facility and his health status is unknown.

___
oldman9er

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/patton-follows-orders-lets-passes-drop-hall-hauls-everything

Quote:
Patton has a cast on the middle finger of his left hand, an indication that the finger could be broken. But Patton is not on the sideline, either. He is wearing a blue jersey, which signifies that he is off-limits for contact. And that includes catching passes. Patton is running routes during all 49ers drills; he's just not catching balls. "He's getting a lot of work in practice, aside from actually catching the football," Roman said Wednesday. "He's pretty much staying right in tune with everybody. I've been impressed with how he's staying on top of things." Roman said the directions to the fourth-round draft pick are simple: "Stay away from it. Catch it with your eyes."

Chad Hall is one player competing for playing time at WR who is not pretending to catch passes from Kaepernick, with whom he worked out for several weeks in Atlanta after the Super Bowl. Hall might be the smallest of targets, but he is catching everything in sight. Hall (5 foot 8, 190 pounds) is cut from the mold of such successful slot receivers as Wes Welker and Danny Amendola. And he is making a strong case to become a factor in the 49ers' offense this season.

___
AndyLeesAunt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Source says WR Laurent Robinson is working out for the #49ers tomorrow
- Via @BenVolin

I know he has already tried out for several teams but is this any indication that we have no legit contender to be our #2 WO. I know Hall has been killing it during camp so far but he's more fit for the slot role if anything.

Thoughts?
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyLeesAunt wrote:
Quote:
- Via @BenVolin

I know he has already tried out for several teams but is this any indication that we have no legit contender to be our #2 WO. I know Hall has been killing it during camp so far but he's more fit for the slot role if anything.

Thoughts?

My idea is - any competition at this point is good from people who may have a chance. There's some guys who aren't even practice squad competition at this point so may as well see what's out there at the receiver position since we're going to be stressed at the position for a bit (or maybe even most of the season). Any chemistry a receiver can develop with Kaepernick can only be a good thing.

Currently - 9,967
Ranked 29th all-time
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyLeesAunt wrote:
Quote:
- Via @BenVolin

Thoughts?
my thoughts are that if Chad Hall is our next best guy then we're in trouble at WR once again. When can this team actually have some talent at that position for a change?

Thanks to Peppers90 on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Kikuchiyo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:

Willis sustains apparent wrist injury early in practice

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2013/07/31/willis-sustains-apparent-wrist-injury-early-in-practice/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29

Quote:
Willis injured his right wrist early in the 49ers’ practice Wednesday and did not participate in the ensuing team drills. Harbaugh and Baalke individually checked on Willis, who remained on the field and watched practice with his wrist heavily wrapped, presumably with ice. Trainers examined Willis’ wrist during a one-on-one blocking drills between LBs and RBs.

Aldon Smith was not practicing Wednesday for the first time this training camp. Smith came out to watch practice in shorts and showed no visible signs of injury, although he had labrum surgery this offseason. Others not practicing were A.J. Jenkins, Kyle Williams and Kassim Osgood, all of whom are battling recent leg injuries. Goodwin was not at practice for a second straight day, although he was at the facility and his health status is unknown.

I wouldn't freak out too bad. If I remember correctly, Willis played a good portion of his senior year with a broken hand (cast and all) and was still named SEC defensive player of the year and the recipient of the D!ck Butkus award. He'll power through.

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
oldman9er

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kikuchiyo wrote:
I wouldn't freak out too bad. If I remember correctly, Willis played a good portion of his senior year with a broken hand (cast and all) and was still named SEC defensive player of the year and the recipient of the D!ck Butkus award. He'll power through.

true... just an attempt at comedic overreaction.

___
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Marlon Moore – He was the starting split end and he caught five passes and a touchdown during team drills. He also made the catch of the day, as he’s done every day of training camp. He ran a fade route against Tarell Brown, Kaepernick threw a back shoulder pass but it was at least five feet too high. Moore adjusted for it and out-jumped Brown to make the catch. Unless Kyle Williams returns soon or the 49ers sign another receiver (like Laurent Robinson), I expect Moore to be the 49ers’ starting split end Week 1 against the Packers.

Quote:
Nnamdi Asomugha – He’s been the best cornerback in training camp. He’s been the most competitive and the most physical. At most, he’s given up one catch per practice. Today, he intercepted Kaepernick trying to force a pass to Chad Hall on a quick slant. Asomugha also covered Boldin extremely well. Asomugha broke up a pass from Kaepernick to Boldin in the back corner of the end zone.

Quote:
Colin Kaepernick – He couldn’t miss on Tuesday, but today his passes were scattershot. He tended to sail the intermediate and long throws and under throw the short ones. As a result, he threw two picks. This probably was his worst practice of the offseason. Besides today, he’s played very well.

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2013/07/inside-the-49ers/training-camp-report-patrick-willis-leaves-early-with-an-apparent-right-wrist-injury/

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The 49ers' defense is special, of course, because it has two top-caliber inside linebackers that stay on the field for all three downs. Neither injury, however, appears that serious. If Willis suffered a fracture, he'll know what to expect. He's played with broken bones in his hand three times since college, including during his rookie season in 2007 and again in 2010.

Quote:
The Kaepernick-to-Davis and Kaepernick-to-Anquan Boldin connections had been hot this spring and summer but cooled off today. Boldin caught just two of the six passes that went his way in 11-on-11 and team drills while Davis caught three of eight passes.

Quote:
Two throws from Kaepernick to Boldin in the end zone were incomplete. One was knocked away by Nnamdi Asomugha in a jump-ball situation at the goal-line. Boldin doesn't lose too many of those battles (See: Super Bowl; third and 1; Rogers, Carlos), but Asomugha got good leverage on the ball and swatted it away.

Quote:
Chris Culliver also had an interception in 7-on-7 drills when he stepped in front of wideout Marlon Moore on a pass from Scott Tolzien. Culliver, however, did not finish practice. He took off his shoulder pads toward the end, and a member of the medical staff was looking at his shoulder.

Quote:
While many of the receivers struggled, it was another good day for Moore, who caught four of six passes in 11-on-11 and team drills. His best catch came on a sideline throw from Kaepernick that seemed like it would sail harmlessly out of bounds. Instead, Moore leaped high over k cornerbacTarell Brown and came down with the ball.

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/07/training-camp-d6-practice-ends-without-willis-bowman-strong-day-for-asomugha.html#storylink=cpy

Damn it, what is up with all these injuries? Well, I guess some are expected as this is the first time these guys are practicing in pads.

Who would have guessed Moore could potentially be the starter in week 1?
Laughing

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Who would have guessed Moore could potentially be the starter in week 1?
Laughing

1 Week ago

Q: With Crabtree and Manningham injured, who's going to start opposite Boldin Week 1?

A: Likely one of Jenkins, Patton, or Lockette.

Now

Q: With Crabtree and Manningham injured, who's going to start opposite Boldin Week 1?

A: Likely one of Moore, Hall, or K. Williams.

Funny week.

Currently - 9,967
Ranked 29th all-time
sbrown

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
I, too, was hoping to hear good things about AJ. Maybe he's just one of those guys that don't do well during practice, but play their hearts out when actually in a game. That's exactly how I was in every sport I played. It was really hard for me to find the motivation to play hard during practice. My times in the 100m were two seconds slower during practice than actually at the meet itself.

Love hearing about Kaep, though. With the hat thing, naked posing, "I can beat RGIII," etc... I was getting worried that these were distractions and some of it was going to his head. It doesn't appear to be that way, though. Can't wait for football season!!! Other sports just don't do it for me anymore. I used to love baseball and basketball. It's all I can do to sit through an entire game now, playoffs or not I need football!

2 seconds????? You were running high 12's and 13's?
Aj needs to step up even in practice. In the history of pro football only te ow was allow to stink it up in practice and still start. So if AJ doesnt step up....well he needs to.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:
Ataal wrote:
I, too, was hoping to hear good things about AJ. Maybe he's just one of those guys that don't do well during practice, but play their hearts out when actually in a game. That's exactly how I was in every sport I played. It was really hard for me to find the motivation to play hard during practice. My times in the 100m were two seconds slower during practice than actually at the meet itself.

Love hearing about Kaep, though. With the hat thing, naked posing, "I can beat RGIII," etc... I was getting worried that these were distractions and some of it was going to his head. It doesn't appear to be that way, though. Can't wait for football season!!! Other sports just don't do it for me anymore. I used to love baseball and basketball. It's all I can do to sit through an entire game now, playoffs or not I need football!

2 seconds????? You were running high 12's and 13's?
Aj needs to step up even in practice. In the history of pro football only te ow was allow to stink it up in practice and still start. So if AJ doesnt step up....well he needs to.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d29VsG35DQM&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dd29VsG35DQM

Couldn't resist

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to hear that Nnamdi is having a good camp.

The news of laurent Robinson doesn't surprise me too much with the way things are going with our current WRs.

Great to hear that Kaep is doing good.

culliver wrote:
14-2.

Losses @DEN @SEA

#1 seed

Superbowl
big9erfan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyLeesAunt wrote:
Quote:
- Via @BenVolin

Thoughts?

Patton, Jenkins, Lockette and Williams all not practicing. WR, at this moment at least, is a big problem. I assume by the beginning of the season we'll have found our 2 and 3 recievers, and of course that they'll play well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 9 of 27

Jump to: