Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official MLS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eggybucsfan31

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orlando and Miami are likely shoo in's for #21 and #22. It'll be interesting who #23 and #24 turn out to be (DET, OKC, SAC, STL, ATL, MIN are likely interested).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggybucsfan31 wrote:
Orlando and Miami are likely shoo in's for #21 and #22. It'll be interesting who #23 and #24 turn out to be (DET, OKC, SAC, STL, ATL, MIN are likely interested).

Miami would be a terrible decision. It's a crappy sports town where they already failed once.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imarobot wrote:
eggybucsfan31 wrote:

Miami would be a terrible decision. It's a crappy sports town where they already failed once.

I don't disagree, but Garber isn't going to say no to Beckham and his billionaire Bolivian friend.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to see Charlotte get a team.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggybucsfan31 wrote:

Another to that list could be San Antonio. Idk if they would want another TX team but attendance wise they are second behind Orlando and seem to have good ownership so far
O-twn Beat-dwn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yankee0724 wrote:
Imarobot wrote:
ColumbusCrewzer wrote:
Four more teams by the end of the decade? We already have 19. Do we really need four more?

Absolutely, as long as one of them is Detroit Cool

Orlando*

Aug 6-9 will be presenting for the Orange County Commissioners and at a later date they will vote for the stadium downtown. It's really our only hurdle left for MLS (but a big one)
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I need help understanding this, My friend tried explaining it, but I don't understand.

Sounders loan out Fredy Montero. The team he's on loan to sells him, and he signs a contract there. But don't the Sounders still own his rights?

IDOG_det

#JDI
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't be surprised if Nashville gets a look at a MLS team.
eggybucsfan31

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawkman98272 wrote:
So I need help understanding this, My friend tried explaining it, but I don't understand.

Sounders loan out Fredy Montero. The team he's on loan to sells him, and he signs a contract there. But don't the Sounders still own his rights?

The Sounders sold Fredy to Sporting, not Millonarios, but apparently Seattle, Millanarios and the club Seattle bought Fredy from all receive part of the transfer fee.

Since they sold Fredy for a fee, they don't hold his rights. If he were to return to MLS, he'd have to go through allocation. If the Sounders tendered him a contract and he left on a free, they'd still hold his rights.

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imarobot wrote:
eggybucsfan31 wrote:

This is 100% right. With that said, I'm desperately trying to move back to Miami so an MLS team would be nice.

Where you go we'll follow! Let's go USMNT!!!!
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure the new Miami MLS team will have more in attendance than the Marlins.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
Imarobot

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:
Pretty sure the new Miami MLS team will have more in attendance than the Marlins.

That would still just make them the tallest midget. We're talking about the city that can get exited about their basketball team that won two titles. If an MLS franchise goes there it will fail. Count on it.

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imarobot wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:

That would still just make them the tallest midget. We're talking about the city that can get exited about their basketball team that won two titles. If an MLS franchise goes there it will fail. Count on it.

I can't imagine that they'd have a very good time getting a stadium either (rightfully so) after the Marlins Park fiasco. It just doesn't make any sense, it would be a franchise to rival Chivas Laughing

Where you go we'll follow! Let's go USMNT!!!!
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imarobot wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:

Wasn't being serious at all. Just funny to see them fail again.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imarobot wrote:
eggybucsfan31 wrote:

I agree on Miami if they end up playing in Ft. Lauderdale again or FIU's stadium. Doesn't seem like a safe bet that they work out.

But it seems like you're itching for a team in Detroit. Obviously you know more about the local dynamics than me, but how exactly would that work? There's absolutely no public money to spend on a stadium given the city is bankrupt. It seems like the suburbs around Detroit are wealthier but my impression of MLS expansion is that they want to build stadiums in urban areas where public transportation is available if they can help it. Given urban Detroit is a post-apocalyptic wasteland, what's the upside to bringing a team there? Are there local investors that would be prepared to 100% privately finance stadium construction?
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 87 of 100

Jump to: