Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Number 1 overall pick, 3 year keeper.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Fantasy Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmann626

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Number 1 overall pick, 3 year keeper. Reply with quote

So...just as the title says I got the first pick in the draft and we can keep 3 players for up to 3 years. The obvious choice to me is AP. Then I thought about it being a 3 year keeper and T-Rich came to mind. I thing AP is gonna have a better year than Trent but Trent might have a better 14'-15' and 15'-16' seasons than AP.

Am I over thinking this? Should I just take AP and hope hes worthy of a first round pick for the next few years, or should I do the gutsy move and draft for the future with Trent.
stevec0008

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One should hope the Vikings are only trending upwards, with their solid draft this year.

standard scoring I would take AP and rest easy. Over-thinking about TRich, and DMartin would keep me up some nights though.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you take AP, he should be performing at a high level for those 3 years and i dont think you would 2nd guess yourself even if TR did better. AP is the safer/better player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
I think you take AP, he should be performing at a high level for those 3 years and i dont think you would 2nd guess yourself even if TR did better. AP is the safer/better player

Agree. AP should be able to produce well for next 3 years. Even if he drops some, he would stil be worhty of a top 5ish pick. Given his track record, safer than the others that have only performed well for 1 year. Chris Johnson had a stellar year, and has not been back to that level since. No guarantees TR or Martin will produce to their rookie level, they should and have the makings, but 1 year of performance vs 6-7 years of performance.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not as sold on AP. Given his age and his number of carries, I expect a decline over the next few years. I would take at Trent or Martin and be happy.

Adopt-A-Lion - Larry Warford, OG as in Original Gangsta

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Fantasy Football All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: