Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

So we have signed Ryan Lilja. Welcome to the Broncos.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mke1010

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: So we have signed Ryan Lilja. Welcome to the Broncos. Reply with quote

@MikeKlis: Ryan Lilja has ended his retirement. He's agreed to terms on a 1-year deal with Broncos.
Per Twitter feed.
mke1010

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect him to supplant Ramirez within the month. He is still relatively young at 32. Great signing under the present circumstances.
The way the front office seemed to panic, maybe Ramirez isn't looking all that great.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice signing but still just another filler till Walton is healthy.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Baker going to be the first real "bust" of the Elway's draft class? (as much as a mid rounder can be a bust)
Mohammed was a later pick and I never expected much from him. With Baker's size, age and experience at center, the fact he was not even considered for 1 second to replace Walton says a lot.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good move. Push Ramirez and provide depth at G.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume Baker is Blake but he was a project anyways.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
I assume Baker is Blake but he was a project anyways.

Oops brain fart. Yes I meant Blake. I don't know how and why I ended up with Baker. Smile
Winder23

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great signing. From a communication standpoint it is huge. Ramirez is a good backup, but we need a better caliber player who knows what Manning is thinking and wanting from the position. Lilja started 12 games for the Chiefs last year and is obviously comfortable playing the pivot.

Blake is a lost cause and is the first real bad pick of the Elway regime. He is so slow and weak. He gets abused in every one on one drill. Williams absolutely demolished him before he jacked up his knee.

The word on the street is that Kuper is still in bad shape. It seems as if the Broncos are giving him the benefit of the doubt. Saw him on the first practice I attended on Sunday. He looks gimpy at best. It is seriously sad. He looks like a crippled old man. I just hope he can live a normal life let alone play football again.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all honesty Kuper might have to call it a career sooner rather than later, which is a shame because he was a good player when healthy but it's not worth ruining his body over.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name reminds me of this for some reason
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v48EMf3rqow
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no way we got this guy out of retirement to warm the bench. I imagine we had to pay him a decent amount to come out of retirement, and it is likely all guaranteed.

Clearly we weren't happy with Ramirez starting, so this makes sense considering Lilja had a decent year with the Chiefs. The surgeries he had in the offseason worry me, but clearly we have cleared him from a medical perspective.

As others have said, the Blake pick is looking like a lost cause right now. 3 injuries at Center and he still can't get a look in. I highly suspect we will try and sneak him onto the Practice Squad, but we wouldn't be upset if he was pinched.

MUFC OK
paul-mac

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That 2012 4th round looks to be down the toilet. Wouldn't surprise me if Bolden and Blake are both gone.
hibdib31

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
That 2012 4th round looks to be down the toilet. Wouldn't surprise me if Bolden and Blake are both gone.

With Bolden they saw a guy with early round talent who fell due to injury, so it was somewhat of a risky boom/bust pick. Blake, I just don't know. With most of the starters in place at the time of the '12 draft, maybe Elway and company were looking to gamble on the mid rounds? Hey, can't win em all.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:

Clearly we weren't happy with Ramirez starting, so this makes sense considering Lilja had a decent year with the Chiefs. The surgeries he had in the offseason worry me, but clearly we have cleared him from a medical perspective.

There's something the coaches don't like about Manny's game. It was a dead give away last year when they started a "one legged" Kuper over Manny against the Ravens. That was a bad idea IMO, and a huge reach. No way was Kuper ready to play.
BroncsDominate

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manny Ramirez is a back up guard. Why is everyone so surprised they went out and signed a starting center? Our line could now be better than it was last year. PFF rated Koppen the 23rd ranked starting center and Lilja the 14th. Lilja, along with the signing of Vasquez, another year of experience for Franklin, and two Pro Bowlers in Clady and Beadles makes me think that if all can stay healthy, our o-line will be better.

And as much as I like Kupe, we cant pay him 5 mil a year to be an injured backup. Im afraid his career as a Bronco is over.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: