Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Training Camp Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our pass rush is questionable with Clayborn...without him I don't care that we have Revis, nobody can cover receivers for 8+ seconds.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
5nick5 wrote:
ABucNBradenton wrote:
Adrian Clayborn injured his groin today at practice. The severity of the injury is unknown.

Hopefully it's not too serious. We need him out there this year

http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/nfl/tampa-bay-buccaneers/story/Bucs-Adrian-Clayborn-suffers-groin-injur?blockID=925159

Quote:
"He couldn't practice the rest of the day," Schiano said. "I donít know. That's usually not a good sign."

Schiano described Clayborn, a 6-foot-3, 280-pound Iowa product, as "incredibly frustrated" Wednesday when leaving the field.

Rookie Steven Means, a Buffalo product taken in the fifth round, 147th overall, took reps in Clayborn's place later in practice.

Not good but at least it's still early.

Groins are tricky injuries. Mine didn't heal til 8 weeks.

Brandon graham could be available.
5nick5

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
5nick5 wrote:
ABucNBradenton wrote:
Adrian Clayborn injured his groin today at practice. The severity of the injury is unknown.

Hopefully it's not too serious. We need him out there this year

http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/nfl/tampa-bay-buccaneers/story/Bucs-Adrian-Clayborn-suffers-groin-injur?blockID=925159

Quote:
"He couldn't practice the rest of the day," Schiano said. "I donít know. That's usually not a good sign."

Schiano described Clayborn, a 6-foot-3, 280-pound Iowa product, as "incredibly frustrated" Wednesday when leaving the field.

Rookie Steven Means, a Buffalo product taken in the fifth round, 147th overall, took reps in Clayborn's place later in practice.

Not good but at least it's still early.

Groins are tricky injuries. Mine didn't heal til 8 weeks.

Brandon graham could be available.

That doesn't sound good. Hopefully we can get him back for the regular season.

I really think we should go after Brandon Graham or somebody. With AC and Bowers starting to look injury-prone, we need all the DL depth we can get.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt-a-Buc - Johnthan Banks 40 Tackles 2INT 5PD
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh hope its just a tweak, can't lose Clayborn Evil or Very Mad

In better news Freeman looked to have his best practice yet. Noble, Byham and Crabtree looked good. I think Stocker is a bust. Might as well start scouting the TE position. Love ASJ, saw him live and interviewed him during the Maaco Bowl (LV Bowl). Another one of those guys that could slip and if he passes Sciano and Dom's tests could be a big big weapon for us

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@HolderStephen wrote:
Initial word I hear is that Adrian Clayborn's groin injury is not considered serious. There's no major concern here right now. #Bucs

whew...

Big big big relief. Still shows how thin we are at DE. I mean I think we all hope Aaron Morgan, Markus White and Daniel Teo can be quality backups, none of us want them starting Embarassed

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From "Joe" from jbf.com

Joe Says:
July 31st, 2013 at 7:26 pm
So, are we actually seeing improvement from Josh Freeman Joe?

Didnít look good in OTAs. Didnít look good in minicamp. Really looked rusty last week. Monday was his best practice. Today, even better. Joe would call that ďprogress.Ē

Let's hope so.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't count Revis out

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-training-camps/0ap2000000224318/Don-t-count-Revis-out

Kinda still in shock we actually have Revis on our team. I can't wait to see him in action. Gonna be a show watching him cover Julio Jones 1 on 1 Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
Don't count Revis out

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-training-camps/0ap2000000224318/Don-t-count-Revis-out

Kinda still in shock we actually have Revis on our team. I can't wait to see him in action. Gonna be a show watching him cover Julio Jones 1 on 1 Shocked

I think the organization is handling Revis the right way. The schedule gives the Bucs a break because I just don't see the Jets throwing to their WRs much. In my opinion, plenty of running the ball and short controlled passing between the hashes is what I expect from the Jets in week 1. Revis gets the chance to get game action without too much pressure from the gameplan of the opposing team.
5nick5

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news about Clayborn and good news about Free. Like Schiano said, the guys just need to get better everyday.

On an unrelated note, did anybody catch this Stephen Holder article about Warren Sapp? http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/football-savvy-paves-sapps-path-to-hall-of-fame/2134189

It sounds like Sapp would make a hell of a coach someday. Maybe if Sheridan can't put the pass rush together this year and the defense isn't at least in the top-half of the league this year, Sapp could take the reigns. Then again, I think he likes his broadcasting job too much and I don't know if him and Schiano would mesh. I don't know, I'm really reaching. I don't usually lose my lack-of-football insanity until the first pre-season game.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt-a-Buc - Johnthan Banks 40 Tackles 2INT 5PD
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
Good news about Clayborn and good news about Free. Like Schiano said, the guys just need to get better everyday.

On an unrelated note, did anybody catch this Stephen Holder article about Warren Sapp? http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/football-savvy-paves-sapps-path-to-hall-of-fame/2134189

It sounds like Sapp would make a hell of a coach someday. Maybe if Sheridan can't put the pass rush together this year and the defense isn't at least in the top-half of the league this year, Sapp could take the reigns. Then again, I think he likes his broadcasting job too much and I don't know if him and Schiano would mesh. I don't know, I'm really reaching. I don't usually lose my lack-of-football insanity until the first pre-season game.

Thanks for sharing, that's an awesome read. I had no clue that he was that much of a film junkie.

Can't wait to see the ceremony this weekend.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great read 5nicks5!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some notes from today:

http://www.bucsnation.com/2013/8/1/4578414/buccaneers-training-camp-josh-freeman-dominates-mike-james-as-second

Quote:
-Adrian Clayborn was riding a stationary bike, per Roy Cummings, which likely means his injury won't keep him out for more than a few weeks, at the most.

-Davin Joseph, Carl Nicks and Darrelle Revis were all on the field during walkthroughs.

-Returners: Darrelle Revis and Mike Williams were catching punts while Branden Smith, Michael Smith and Eric Page were catching kickoffs.

-Tom Crabtree worked with the first team, per Eric Dellaratta. With Luke Stocker still out with an injury, something strange has to happen for Crabtree not to win the starting job, at this point. Nate Byham, blocker extraordinaire, was the second tight end with the first team.

-Mike James was the second-team running back today, says Eric Dellaratta. The Bucs have a very good competition going there, with Michael Smith, Brian Leonard and Peyton Hillis in the running, too. Cummings thinks James is moving up the depth chart.

-Josh Freeman looked very sharp in practice, and that he has improved steadily over the past three practices. As practice went on, JoeBucsFan and others couldn't stop gushing about the quarterback's performance and even the words "Brees-like" were used at some point.

Glad Clayborn is going to be ok. Hope they take it slow with him.

Revis and Williams catching punts? I think that is the second time I have read Williams have been out there.

Josh Freeman = Brees-like... From the world is coming to an end a few days ago to he is looking MVP like today... DAMN Shocked To quote a fellow poster "practice isn't for the fans" Wink

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing from awful to Brees-like in a few days.

Props to Eggy
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He Hate Me wrote:

We could of saved a few trees if guys would of just listened to you instead of wasting paper with the back and forth these last few pages of the thread talking about Free and his struggles.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He Hate Me wrote:

According to Tom krasniqi, he's been up and down like always but today was his best practice.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 8 of 18

Jump to: