Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Jets Training Camp Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
perikirest

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Quote:
@RichCimini: Rookie Brian Winters lining up with the 1s at left guard, Willie Colon at RG, in offensive walk through. #Jets

Pretty sure I saw a tweet somewhere that it was because Peterman sat from a shoulder thing.

AAJ Mark Sanchez
1 Torn Labrum
perikirest

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Quote:
Seth Walder ‏@SethWalderNYDN 1m
Rex says he expects the Jets will use wildcat more this year than last year. #nyj
Expand

Brick wall d'oh!

Were never going to learn...

I dont believe he quoted all of what Rex said about the Wildcat. This really is just a hit tweet.

http://thejetsblog.com/buzz/buzz-jets-practicing-the-pistol-at-camp/

AAJ Mark Sanchez
1 Torn Labrum
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idzik4president wrote:
I dont think Geno is the answer but what hurt us last year was turning the ball over. All we need is mediocre quarterback play that doesnt lead to turnovers. There were 3 games we could have one last year easily if Mark didnt turn the ball over.

Why would he not be the answer

-arm strength
-release
-improving mechanics
-mobility
-insane work ethic(film)
-accuracy and touch

I just want him to get bigger, stronger, faster and more explosive

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
Idzik4president

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look guys i dont think Geno is a bad quarterback but everyone is getting over excited about him. Mark is a horrendous quarterback and hes a significant liability but if Geno cant beat him out, then there is a problem. And please dont talk to me about mechanics because theres absolutely no way to tell yet how he will react on the game field. We all know about his arm and how great it is. There is no denying that hes got zip, accuracy and a big time arm. My problem has never been that. My problem is his ability to learn a pro style offense and be able to function in it. Its going to be a lot more difficult than anyone thinks for Geno. But if your not intelligent then your worthless at the quarterback position.

I didnt like Geno before the draft and i am going to stick by it. Hes never going to be able to grasp a prostyle offense to elite potential. Maybe he will be a mediocre quarterback which is better than what we have had the past few years but hes never going to be elite. Hes not smart enough to understand the game like everyone expects him too. I hate to say it but Geno will never be an upper top ten tier quarterback. I am afraid we as an organization made the wrong decision by drafting Geno. We will most likely be stuck in the Geno bubble the next 3 to 4 years. All I see is josh freeman esc player.

I would love to say cant wait for the season Geno is going to eventually steal the show and win us games and i hope he does. I just dont see Geno as the quarterback of the future.
Sapo28

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idzik4president wrote:
Look guys i dont think Geno is a bad quarterback but everyone is getting over excited about him. Mark is a horrendous quarterback and hes a significant liability but if Geno cant beat him out, then there is a problem. And please dont talk to me about mechanics because theres absolutely no way to tell yet how he will react on the game field. We all know about his arm and how great it is. There is no denying that hes got zip, accuracy and a big time arm. My problem has never been that. My problem is his ability to learn a pro style offense and be able to function in it. Its going to be a lot more difficult than anyone thinks for Geno. But if your not intelligent then your worthless at the quarterback position.

I didnt like Geno before the draft and i am going to stick by it. Hes never going to be able to grasp a prostyle offense to elite potential. Maybe he will be a mediocre quarterback which is better than what we have had the past few years but hes never going to be elite. Hes not smart enough to understand the game like everyone expects him too. I hate to say it but Geno will never be an upper top ten tier quarterback. I am afraid we as an organization made the wrong decision by drafting Geno. We will most likely be stuck in the Geno bubble the next 3 to 4 years. All I see is josh freeman esc player.

I would love to say cant wait for the season Geno is going to eventually steal the show and win us games and i hope he does. I just dont see Geno as the quarterback of the future.

What makes you think he's not an intelligent player? In the handful of interviews I've watched of Geno, He seems like a pretty knowledgable player and is all about the film room.

In reality we don't know what to expect from the guy, He's portrayed himself as a competitor, has the physical tools, and from what i've seen I don't have an inkling to why you would think he's unintelligent.

Josh Freeman has 3 inches and 30 lbs on Geno so I'm curious as to the comparison.

Geno had a completion % of 67% with 98 TDS and 21 Ints and 2 rushing TDs

Freeman in college had a completion % of 59% with 44 TDS and 34 ints but Freeman had 20 rushing TDs which helped Freeman's stock.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sapo28 wrote:
Idzik4president wrote:

What makes you think he's not an intelligent player? In the handful of interviews I've watched of Geno, He seems like a pretty knowledgable player and is all about the film room.

In reality we don't know what to expect from the guy, He's portrayed himself as a competitor, has the physical tools, and from what i've seen I don't have an inkling to why you would think he's unintelligent.

Josh Freeman has 3 inches and 30 lbs on Geno so I'm curious as to the comparison.

Freeman in college had a completion % of 59% with 44 TDS and 34 ints but Freeman had 20 rushing TDs which helped Freeman's stock.

Using Geno's college stats really doesnt help an argument for him, cause college QBs have always been successful statistically under Dana.

Example:
The 4 QB seasons in his offense prior to Geno.
72% 48 td 14 int
67% 44 td 11 int
70% 44 td 15 int
67% 34 td 13 int

AAJ Mark Sanchez
1 Torn Labrum
xenajets

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
xenajets wrote:
What's the deal with Goodson any news when/if he is coming to camp?!?!?

The rumor is he is in rehab or some kind of drug abuse program. No idea if true, but would make sense.

Oh great sounds perfect!!!!!!!!

Many thanks to IDOG_det on the sig
Sapo28

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

perikirest wrote:
Sapo28 wrote:
Idzik4president wrote:

Using Geno's college stats really doesnt help an argument for him, cause college QBs have always been successful statistically under Dana.

Example:
The 4 QB seasons in his offense prior to Geno.
72% 48 td 14 int
67% 44 td 11 int
70% 44 td 15 int
67% 34 td 13 int

It's less about the stats and more about the comparison to Freeman that I was questioning.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idzik4president wrote:

So the reason you don't like him is based on something none of us can prove? Do you have some inside knowledge about his intelligence or lack there of? Everything I've read/heard has been the opposite and with his work ethic I fail to see why he can't learn a pro style offense.

For what it's worth, he played in a pro style offense at wvu before Holgerson and didn't seem to have much trouble.

Credit to IPwn for da sig
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idzik4president wrote:

I'm not one to call someone out but this is just plain bad

The fact you said he will never learn a pro style system is a complete sign a bias that's one

Two guys like RG3 and Kaepernick didn't run pro style systems yet are becoming successful NFL QBs and Geno is just as smart if not smarter than RG3 and Kaep and has arm talent at their level though both have more arm strength

Last I understand its easy to get pessimistic about the development of Geno but the difference between him and the rest is that we have a GM who I think has the goods and will properly groom him and surround him with the proper coaching and teammates

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goal Line day with rain in the forecast. It seems like this happens every year. I love it.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
Hansen31

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One guy I was really excited to hear about and watch was Rontez, he's been sitting out, anyone know why or when he's expected back?
jg6041

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:

I'm not one to call someone out but this is just plain bad

The fact you said he will never learn a pro style system is a complete sign a bias that's one

Two guys like RG3 and Kaepernick didn't run pro style systems yet are becoming successful NFL QBs and Geno is just as smart if not smarter than RG3 and Kaep and has arm talent at their level though both have more arm strength

Last I understand its easy to get pessimistic about the development of Geno but the difference between him and the rest is that we have a GM who I think has the goods and will properly groom him and surround him with the proper coaching and teammates

He also came in to camp out of shape,and looked horrible in cold weather.
RG3 and Luck are miles ahead of Geno.
Kaepernick and Wilson have tons of talent around them which makes it easier for them to succeed.
A rookie QB makes for a long season.
Yes Sanchez got us to the Championship as a rookie, however some of the early games that year were brutal and if not for Jenkins would have been loses.

Was it Colin Kaepernick?
rickyt31

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe that Geno was out of shape mess. Someone would have mentioned it a while ago if Geno was out of shape. Besides, I'm sure he does more running than the other QB's during team scrimmages.

I can't act like I was a fan of Geno when he was coming out, but I think he can be the answer for our team if we keep the talent around him. I don't think he will be a drew brees or Aaron Rodgers (That would be F'n amazing) , but I think he can put up Steve McNair like numbers for us. Which is good for our type of team.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, how has Kellen Winslow looked so far in camp?

Mike Evans 49 - 841 - 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 13 of 26

Jump to: