Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Annual top 30 preseason draft eligible QB watchlist
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is Reality_Check the greatest?
Yes.
64%
 64%  [ 9 ]
No, he's the greatest ever...
35%
 35%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 14

Duffman57

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

riceraider8080 wrote:
Duffman57 wrote:
riceraider8080 wrote:
Duffman57 wrote:
Reality_Check wrote:
alfalcone wrote:
Could you elaborate on why you are so high on Jeff Mathews, I don't have a problem with his ranking, but I'm wondering if you could expand on his skill set and maybe throw out a comparison.

He's a better Joe Flacco as a prospect. Elite arm strength, manipulates the pocket well, places the ball well, spins it cleanly. Really the only knock on the kid is level of competition.

I think he's right at the level of Flacco, maybe a little lower as of right now. Agree with the first part, but he does struggle going through his reads, can get stuck on first or 2nd read.

An interesting one for me is Pachall. I've come to really love this guy as a project, wait and see type guy. In terms of pure talent, he's up there with the best guys. But because of the drug issue with him he's dropped (and rightfully so). We'll have to see what he does this year and obviously teams are going to have to go through the background check and psych profile to see if they think he'll go back to using, but from what i've heard, he seems like he's been on the right path to recovery.

I have Matthews as an early first rounder as well. Hes not as good as Flacco but he is close...

I like Pachal a lot. I have him as a 5th rounder even with the drug concerns...

Yeah, i'm with you on Paschall. Especially since i think he'd be a perfect guy to bring in behind Rivers. They're both insanely competitive guys who have a passion for the game, but Rivers is one of the most tame, quiet off the field guys you can see. Rivers' would be a great mentori for him, especially on a team with basically 3 QB coaches (McCoy, Whiz, and Frank Reich).

Yeah but I think he'd look better in Silver and Black Wink

Well he is a criminal, so he'd fit right in....(be honest you set yourself up for that one ahha)

Other than Hundley though your list is pretty much what i have. I have Boyd higher and Hundley way lower. Watching Hundly he's got a lot to work with but as of right now, he's a lot further down for me, i'd rank him behind Boyd on your list.

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
tom cody

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think Johnny Manziel's to low on that list. Same with AJ Mccarron.
Reality_Check

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom cody wrote:

Love to hear some succinct reasoning on that...

McCarron is a slightly better McElroy, and Manziel is Colt McCoy with better wheels. Not going to make either my franchise guy.
green24

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reality_Check wrote:
tom cody wrote:

McCarron is a slightly better McElroy, and Manziel is Colt McCoy with better wheels. Not going to make either my franchise guy.

I prefer Tim Tebow meets Lindsay Lohan.

I think this draft's Colt McCoy is Aaron Murray.
Reality_Check

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Reality_Check wrote:
tom cody wrote:

I prefer Tim Tebow meets Lindsay Lohan.

I think this draft's Colt McCoy is Aaron Murray.

Murray has a much stronger arm than McCoy. Murray is a lot closer to Chase Daniel in terms of a comparable.
Socraticsilence

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reality_Check wrote:
Socraticsilence wrote:
If you're going 30 deep, I think a guy like Jeff Driskel has to been on there just on physical talent alone-- he's an elite physical specimen who lacks some of the mental tools thus fa-- he's like a more talented version of Logan Thomas.

Driskel is highly likely (near certain) to play baseball rather than football once his Florida career is done.

Yeah, that seems unlikely- he got drafted in the same way a lot a super athletic people get drafted, if the Red Sox actually thought he'd play baseball they (or someone else) would have drafted him out of HS and offered a big signing bonus ala Carl Crawford, Joe Mauer or Bubba Starling. There's a reason he was the top QB in his class out of HS despite being ultra raw- he's essentially a southern version of Jake Locker- ultra high physical talent, good speed, huge arm- but in a Pro Style offense that magnifies his weaknesses and minimizes his strength-- if you flipped him and Braxton Miller at OSU you could probably flip there stats as well.
jshowers

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Socraticsilence wrote:
Reality_Check wrote:
Socraticsilence wrote:
If you're going 30 deep, I think a guy like Jeff Driskel has to been on there just on physical talent alone-- he's an elite physical specimen who lacks some of the mental tools thus fa-- he's like a more talented version of Logan Thomas.

Driskel is highly likely (near certain) to play baseball rather than football once his Florida career is done.

Yeah, that seems unlikely- he got drafted in the same way a lot a super athletic people get drafted, if the Red Sox actually thought he'd play baseball they (or someone else) would have drafted him out of HS and offered a big signing bonus ala Carl Crawford, Joe Mauer or Bubba Starling. There's a reason he was the top QB in his class out of HS despite being ultra raw- he's essentially a southern version of Jake Locker- ultra high physical talent, good speed, huge arm- but in a Pro Style offense that magnifies his weaknesses and minimizes his strength-- if you flipped him and Braxton Miller at OSU you could probably flip there stats as well.

You couldn't flip their stats if they flipped teams. Driskel is by no means a great passer but he's better than Braxton Miller. Miller, on the other hand, is clearly a better runner. When looking at the offenses they are asked to run, I think that Driskel would do better at OSU than Miller would at UF.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: