Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Training Camp Thread.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DrRay11


Joined: 19 Dec 2011
Posts: 3344
Location: Chicago, IL
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitPride26 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
OnlikeNdamukong wrote:
Jim Schwartz seems to have a completely different attitude this year. Im not sure if any of you have noticed this (or if I am just flat out wrong) but he seems to be a lot more optimistic than he has in the past. I know this is a make or break year for him so that could have something to do with it. I dont ever recall him talking up our players like he has done so far in press conferences. I definitely favor this approach.


He has talked up players before. He talked J Best up like the next greatest thing on turf


He was amazing when he was out there..


Agree. Best was on track to be something seriously special.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DrRay11


Joined: 19 Dec 2011
Posts: 3344
Location: Chicago, IL
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the o-line is all set, which I'm good with:

http://www.freep.com/article/20130731/SPORTS01/307310106
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dmudd


Joined: 24 Nov 2009
Posts: 1403
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 wrote:
Sounds like the o-line is all set, which I'm good with:

http://www.freep.com/article/20130731/SPORTS01/307310106


Iv read one article where he has pancaked both willie young and ziggy so far.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sllim Pickens


Moderator
Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 19304
Location: Middle of the Mitten
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmudd wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:
Sounds like the o-line is all set, which I'm good with:

http://www.freep.com/article/20130731/SPORTS01/307310106


Iv read one article where he has pancaked both willie young and ziggy so far.


Who is He?
_________________


Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
dmudd


Joined: 24 Nov 2009
Posts: 1403
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
dmudd wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:
Sounds like the o-line is all set, which I'm good with:

http://www.freep.com/article/20130731/SPORTS01/307310106


Iv read one article where he has pancaked both willie young and ziggy so far.


Who is He?


Sorry reiff from what i have been reading he has looked good. When I get off work I will find the articles and share them
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dmudd


Joined: 24 Nov 2009
Posts: 1403
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres the one on reiff. http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2013/07/detroit_lions_riley_reiff_play.html

Also an interesting one on petigrew getting in better shape to be more of a recieviving threat. Im thing if he stays healthy he is going to have a solid season. http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2013/07/with_improved_physique_detroit.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dmudd


Joined: 24 Nov 2009
Posts: 1403
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another oline vs dline article....guess suh looks amazing http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2013/8/1/4579098/lions-training-camp-ol-vs-dl-drill
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maverick12


Joined: 01 Apr 2012
Posts: 1592
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmudd wrote:
Another oline vs dline article....guess suh looks amazing http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2013/8/1/4579098/lions-training-camp-ol-vs-dl-drill


All I've been hearing from TC is how great Suh looks. Daniel Jeremiah even took it a step further today when he proclaimed Suh to be a DPOY candidate.(Jeremiah was at Lions TC today with NFLN).

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2013/8/1/4579286/daniel-jeremiah-very-impressed-with-ndamukong-suh?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co
_________________

Sig credit: Smack

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LionsFan630


Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 11255
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah sounds like the D-line dominated today...hopefully that's due to their talent and not an indication that our O-line will struggle this season.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nnivolcm


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 8579
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFan630 wrote:
Yeah sounds like the D-line dominated today...hopefully that's due to their talent and not an indication that our O-line will struggle this season.


I actually read today that Dom is looking better than he has in recent years. So a little bit of conflicting reports coming out of training camp today.

Quote:
center Dominic Raiola really seems to be benefiting from the weight he added this offseason. He more than held his own in a one-on-one, pass-rush drill against defensive tackle C.J. Mosley. Then, during team drills, Raiola managed to flatten rookie Devin Taylor coming inside on a twist from the left defensive end spot.


http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2013/08/detroit_lions_training_camp_ob_3.html
_________________
FootballPhreak wrote:
I would absolutely take Stafford over Rivers


Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RyanFuller003


Moderator
Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 20181
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmudd wrote:
Heres the one on reiff. http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2013/07/detroit_lions_riley_reiff_play.html

Also an interesting one on petigrew getting in better shape to be more of a recieviving threat. Im thing if he stays healthy he is going to have a solid season. http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2013/07/with_improved_physique_detroit.html

Pettigrew should be getting into shape. This is a big year for him--he's a free agent in the offseason and if he has another frustrating campaign we may not resign him. Or if we do, he may cost himself a good deal of money.

Maverick12 wrote:
dmudd wrote:
Another oline vs dline article....guess suh looks amazing http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2013/8/1/4579098/lions-training-camp-ol-vs-dl-drill


All I've been hearing from TC is how great Suh looks. Daniel Jeremiah even took it a step further today when he proclaimed Suh to be a DPOY candidate.(Jeremiah was at Lions TC today with NFLN).

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2013/8/1/4579286/daniel-jeremiah-very-impressed-with-ndamukong-suh?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co

To be quite honest, with the kind of talent Suh possesses, he should be a DPOY candidate every year. We're certainly paying him like one.
_________________

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LionsFan630


Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 11255
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
LionsFan630 wrote:
Yeah sounds like the D-line dominated today...hopefully that's due to their talent and not an indication that our O-line will struggle this season.


I actually read today that Dom is looking better than he has in recent years. So a little bit of conflicting reports coming out of training camp today.

Quote:
center Dominic Raiola really seems to be benefiting from the weight he added this offseason. He more than held his own in a one-on-one, pass-rush drill against defensive tackle C.J. Mosley. Then, during team drills, Raiola managed to flatten rookie Devin Taylor coming inside on a twist from the left defensive end spot.


http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2013/08/detroit_lions_training_camp_ob_3.html


I really don't understand why Dom waited this long to add weight.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skatebeanz


Joined: 13 Apr 2009
Posts: 19315
Location: Jamison. on the Sweet-sig.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think our DL could be a serious unit. I heard all the players love having Wash in there and Wash said he loves being here cuz he and Schwartz created the defense in TENN.
_________________

Sig bet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OnlikeNdamukong


Joined: 30 Jan 2011
Posts: 143
Location: IL
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should get some people fired up.....

@cmccosky (Chris McCosky) "Random observation. Stafford has not thrown the ball particularly well yet in this camp"

yikes....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Louis Friend


Joined: 07 Apr 2010
Posts: 8405
Location: Detroit, MI
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OnlikeNdamukong wrote:
This should get some people fired up.....

@cmccosky (Chris McCosky) "Random observation. Stafford has not thrown the ball particularly well yet in this camp"

yikes....


It's McCosky.... disregard what he says, no matter what it is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group