Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FriendlyEnemy's Training Camp Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skylined8300

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FriendlyEnemy wrote:
Cam had a pretty bad day of practice. He threw 2 picks and almost had a third. Let's hope for better decision making in the upcoming practices

After 5 days of practice you expect to fall off. See if it continues after the day off tomorrow.

NC SacKing wrote:
This isn't Madden, this isn't fantasy football, and complaining about it on the internet does NOTHING
TROJANPANTHER

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I recall right Cam has always looked shaky in training camp.

Carolina Kitten - Sig God.

NFL - Panthers
College - USC, UNM
CarolinaKitten

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skylined8300 wrote:
FriendlyEnemy wrote:
Cam had a pretty bad day of practice. He threw 2 picks and almost had a third. Let's hope for better decision making in the upcoming practices

After 5 days of practice you expect to fall off. See if it continues after the day off tomorrow.

Glass is half full. I choose to believe that our secondary is All-Pro caliber and will sweep the pro bowl roster at DB positions. Very Happy

Smile

Confused

Sad

Sig by Me
Zithers

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kalil and Smitty sat out so I'm sure the rhythm of the offense was a bit off. It isn't all about the QB despite what the media wants you to think. Regardless, one bad day in TC isn't going to make me worry.

Hearing about Kenjon Barner being an elusive burner makes me excited. Brandon Williams is a project who could turn into a steal. Dude is a physical freak but has an injury history. Worried about the prospects of a #3 receiver though. Been reading that Hixon isn't very fluid and that Ginn can't catch easy passes but gets all the hard ones... and we need OL depth. Sign Travelle Wharton to be a swingman (or replace Hangartner with him, who can then become the swingman) or Brandon Moore to start.

Not worried about the defense at all. I think we have pretty good depth along the front seven and we have a logjam of equally talented DBs (though there isn't a ton of quality talent I suppose). I still wouldn't turn down Quintin Mikell though.

Very interested in special teams as that will decide some jobs... you gotta think that Kealoha Pilares and Joe Adams really need to look good if they want to stick around. Though I do think Pilares is a good gunner as well. Not sure if that will be enough if he doesn't show anything in offensive drills or returning. Pretty sure Adams is gone unless he turns into Dante Hall. I'm sure there's a punting competition going on and I'm not comfortable with Graham Gano to be honest.

David Gettis is done, which makes me sad. We all had such high hopes and he was slated to be our #2 back in 2011 ahead of Legedu Naanee and Brandon LaFell... now he's just injury prone and looking soft.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep hearing about how good Clausen has looked so far. Don't know what to think of it, we hear every offseason that Armanti is turning the corner...dude's been around the room twice and we're still waiting for production. But I hope Clausen is doing well, he got a raw deal and a good preseason might give him a shot to compete somewhere next year.

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
boondock

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
I keep hearing about how good Clausen has looked so far. Don't know what to think of it, we hear every offseason that Armanti is turning the corner...dude's been around the room twice and we're still waiting for production. But I hope Clausen is doing well, he got a raw deal and a good preseason might give him a shot to compete somewhere next year.

Agreed. If Clausen can prove himself, he be a backup on a squad next year. I don't think he's starter material due to some of his physical limitations, but could be a guy to be a backup or start a game in a pinch with the right offensive game plan.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:

I haven't heard that. Not heard anything except a pass or 2 here or there.

The secondary starters right now look like Florence, Munnerlyn, Godfrey, and Mitchell.

Thanks CK
johnydtarheel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat from ESPN NFC South said he didnt see one single read option ran while he was there for 3 days.

Thanks CK
fretgod99

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnydtarheel wrote:
Pat from ESPN NFC South said he didnt see one single read option ran while he was there for 3 days.
Good. I like that being a wrinkle in the offense, not the bread and butter. Frankly, if we never ran the spread option but still had a top offense, I'd be ecstatic. Let Cam run when things break down. Let the RBs run when we need to run. If Cam gets a couple of short yardage/goal line carries, fine. I don't mind it being in there, but I don't want it to be our "thing".

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
boondock

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnydtarheel wrote:

Might be the best news to ccome out of camp yet.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/02/panthers-add-chris-scott-ricardo-silva/

Add OL Chris Scott, S Richardo Silva. Waive Gaydosh.

Interesting that the Panthers would grab a guy like Gaydosh who was obviously a high upside guy and release him so quickly into the offseason workouts.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any updates on Star or Short?

How have they been doing?

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
PantherDE90

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/02/panthers-add-chris-scott-ricardo-silva/

Add OL Chris Scott, S Richardo Silva. Waive Gaydosh.

Interesting that the Panthers would grab a guy like Gaydosh who was obviously a high upside guy and release him so quickly into the offseason workouts.

That sucks, I was really rooting for Gaydosh.

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
Moody

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PantherDE90 wrote:
Any updates on Star or Short?

How have they been doing?

I hear they look good. They haven't been focused on too much. I've just been following reports from camp, though.

Anyone else liking what they hear about this Brandon Williams guy? He's showing ability in receiving and blocking. Nelson Rosario was beaten out by him too. It's always fun to pick a dark horse in TC so this is my guy.

I hear Lafell is quietly having his best camp as a pro.

Barner is looking really good. His upright running style seems to have been corrected extremely fast according to the owner of carolanahuddle. Potential steal looking even more like a sure steal.

Mike Mitchell sounds like the front runner at Ss. Florence and Captain have held the starting corner positions.

Oh, and Luke has improved but we weren't expecting much from him...
Panthers11

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan Fest is being streamed on panthers.com.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: