Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official 2013 Houston Texans Training Camp Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We signed Mays.

Quote:
John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 1m

Texans signed ILB Joe Mays

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
We signed Mays.

Quote:
John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 1m

Texans signed ILB Joe Mays

Big signing, he could potentially start next to Cushing. Think he's a significant upgrade over Bradie James but that isn't saying much.
jch1911

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peeped this on yahoo
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/houston-texans-salary-cap-outlook-defensive-player-j-150228247.html

Most of the points the article makes are already known to members of the forum - esp. you Dsorc!
dsorc

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
Peeped this on yahoo
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/houston-texans-salary-cap-outlook-defensive-player-j-150228247.html

Most of the points the article makes are already known to members of the forum - esp. you Dsorc!

I actually hadn't looked to much at the future cap situation specially after FFMD. As the story points out, key players that need to be re-signed next year include Cushing, Antonio, Graham, Mitchell, and Tate with Wade Smith being likely not retained to open up 3.75M in cap space. There are also other minor FA like Sharpton, LeStar, Braman, and the guys we are keeping on one year deals like Dobbins.

Cushing's current cap hit is about 4.6M. His next salary I predict will be at around 8.5M average in line with D'Qwell Jackson and Lawrence Timmons. Antonio's current cap hit is 9.5M but I expect his next contract will be around for what Justin Smith just re-signed for: between 5.5 and 6M. These two will likely cancel each other out. Graham is currently at 750K and will likely see a raise to somewhere between 2.5M (Fred Davis) to 4M (Casey) but I might be overestimating his value. Mitchell will also see a raise from 825K but I can't imagine him getting more than Cody's 2.8M. Most of the savings from not re-signing Wade Smith will likely go into those two guys. I expect somebody will overpay for Tate.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hows my boy DJ Swearinger doing? I hope he makes a huge impact for you guys (except in the WC game vs. the Bengals take 3 this year)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
hows my boy DJ Swearinger doing? I hope he makes a huge impact for you guys (except in the WC game vs. the Bengals take 3 this year)

Hes currently taking 2nd string snaps behind Keo on the Depth Chart so...... Alright I guess but it worries me that Keo is ahead of him.
CAS22

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ServantofYHWH wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:

Hes currently taking 2nd string snaps behind Keo on the Depth Chart so...... Alright I guess but it worries me that Keo is ahead of him.

That's just veteran due diligence. He's been working with the 1st team in nickel, in the Quin role as a linebacker. The coaches have been raving about him so that's been good to hear.
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAS22 wrote:
ServantofYHWH wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:

That's just veteran due diligence. He's been working with the 1st team in nickel, in the Quin role as a linebacker. The coaches have been raving about him so that's been good to hear.

Just prepping him for his PRIMARY role this year which is nickel safety which is equal parts linebacker & safety in this defense. Absent injury, DJ is going to be behind Ed Reed and D. Mann. on the depth chart no matter how good he is. Better to have Keo operating as the "stand in" for Reed in the offseason than have DJ waste reps on a position he hopefully won't need to play much of this season (free safety). Personally, I'd rather see Manning move back to the Free and DJ at SS if Ed Reed is out for an extended period, but again the offseason priority is getting Manning comfortable with being the SS lined up vertically in front of FS, instead of horizontally like the past 2 years.

Depth chart-wise, it's a bit like having Lestar Jean in AJs spot instead of Keyshawn Martin regardless of the depth chart since Keyshawn will spend the bulk of his time in the slot. Certainly doesn't mean Jean is ahead of Hopkins or Martin.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
CAS22

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@BigRon281 1m
Newest #Texans LB Joe Mays, sporting #53, immediately taking first 'Mo' reps next to Cush in position drills

Quote:
PDS ‏@PatDStat 11m
Hopkins last two chances vs. JJo resulted in TDs. Jumping over him at high pointing the ball. #Texans

Quote:
PDS ‏@PatDStat 6m
Hopkins put on a show. Won every matchup vs. JJo. #Texans

Quote:
Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein 1m
Texans ran their entire scrimmage out of Pistol formation but Texans insist it is just a look for their defense to see.
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either Hopkins is really good or Our defense is gonna do really bad
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ServantofYHWH wrote:

Kubiak never uses Andre in the redzone. I hope he realizes to at least use Hopkins. His jumping skills is amazing. Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAS22 wrote:
Quote:
@BigRon281 1m
Newest #Texans LB Joe Mays, sporting #53, immediately taking first 'Mo' reps next to Cush in position drills

Quote:
PDS ‏@PatDStat 11m
Hopkins last two chances vs. JJo resulted in TDs. Jumping over him at high pointing the ball. #Texans

Quote:
PDS ‏@PatDStat 6m
Hopkins put on a show. Won every matchup vs. JJo. #Texans

Quote:
Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein 1m
Texans ran their entire scrimmage out of Pistol formation but Texans insist it is just a look for their defense to see.

I dont know if Hopkins really "won" every matchup because i wasnt there, but it really is unfair how CBs and Offensive linemen are judged...i mean a LT can shut down a DE on 57 of 60 plays and that DE might get 3 sacks and is considered to have owned the LT....same thing for CBs, they might lock a guy down for 30 pass plays, but give up 2 TDs and they were horrible

but thats the way the game is played, its all or nothing for some positions..i hope all the reports are true because that means that JJoe is healthier and better than ever and Hopkins is owning him....means very good things are coming to our offense

I think the Pistol would work great for us. Schuab is very slow so giving him a yard or so head start could work wonders
Carrer marks:
992 catches 13,381 yards 63 TDs
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Brennan Williams is going to get an MRI,” Kubiak said. “His knee swelled up on him a little bit again, so we’re taking a look at that. That’s where he’s at this afternoon. Other than that, we’ll find out where we’re at in the morning.

here is our IR stash for the season....i bet he is on it before week 2 of the pre season
Carrer marks:
992 catches 13,381 yards 63 TDs
kenney

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ServantofYHWH wrote:

Well, we know our defense can be elite when everyone is healthy. Since a healthy J-Jo is a known quantity and Hopkins isn't at this point, I'm going to err toward the former.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
Quote:
Brennan Williams is going to get an MRI,” Kubiak said. “His knee swelled up on him a little bit again, so we’re taking a look at that. That’s where he’s at this afternoon. Other than that, we’ll find out where we’re at in the morning.

here is our IR stash for the season....i bet he is on it before week 2 of the pre season

Reserve a spot for Montgomery also

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
62 tot, 2 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: