Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Panthers to don "all black" uniforms

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tbrown2699

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Panthers to don "all black" uniforms Reply with quote

http://www.catscratchreader.com/2013/7/26/4559702/carolina-panthers-to-wear-the-all-black-look-five-times-in-2013

Recently on nfl.com the Carolina Panthers 2012 alternate black uniforms were voted the greatest uniform of all time Shocked . Now it seems they are planning to make this uniform part of the yearly rotation. The article states that they may replace the blue socks with black ones and the silver helmet to all black. I know many of us here have pined for this look for years, finally it seem to be a reality!!!
wolf7373

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would make me so happy!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
TROJANPANTHER

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the original said is that we are going to wear the black tops 5 times. That just means it's possible that the pants could be on in for up to 5 different occasions. Probably just once though if I had to guess.

Carolina Kitten - Sig God.

NFL - Panthers
College - USC, UNM
FriendlyEnemy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will wear the all black uniforms (with a black helmet) during the MNF game against the Pats. That would be my best bet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have a photo of the black helmets?

*2013 NFC South Champions* Panthers
Gamecocks
boondock

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toughguy77 wrote:
Anyone have a photo of the black helmets?

Purely speculation at this point. Wouldn't be surprised if it's our current logo, just on a black helmet.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FriendlyEnemy wrote:
We will wear the all black uniforms (with a black helmet) during the MNF game against the Pats. That would be my best bet

Confused Poor Cam wont be able to see his own players very well during a night game if they wear all black. His view wont have as much contrast with the green field as the camera has. I'd rather see them wear the blue for a night game.

Sig by Me
atown703

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarolinaKitten wrote:
FriendlyEnemy wrote:

Confused Poor Cam wont be able to see his own players very well during a night game if they wear all black. His view wont have as much contrast with the green field as the camera has. I'd rather see them wear the blue for a night game.
I would have to agree.. it's not about "looking good", it's about winning games

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarolinaKitten wrote:
FriendlyEnemy wrote:

How bad will his vision actually be on a well lit field? It's not like they are playing under one light or something

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FriendlyEnemy wrote:
CarolinaKitten wrote:
FriendlyEnemy wrote:

How bad will his vision actually be on a well lit field? It's not like they are playing under one light or something

Right the field is well lit, but you have to look at it from his angle. He doesn't have the contrast we see on TV or even in the stands of the black jersey's on the green grass. It can be pretty easy to lose track of somebody in black when the backdrop isn't a solid color.

I'm not saying it's impossible to be accurate, but all I'm saying is it certainly doesn't help like the blue jersey's would.

Sig by Me
catamount

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me get this straight: The panthers win the "Best uniform of all time" contest in a landslide victory, and the first impulse here is to change it? (all balck helmets, socks, etc)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: