Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens TE Dennis Pitta out for the season
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there goes our whole passing game. Without Pitta there's no threat over the middle, and if there's no threat over the middle then teams can just sit an defend Torrey all day long and if they do that we are screwed.

I heard we are looking at bringing in Visanthe Shianco, any truth to this?

SteelKing728 wrote:
I got Andrew Luck winning MVP this year

Official stalker victim of Harper41.
drd23

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
I heard we are looking at bringing in Visanthe Shianco, any truth to this?

He had a tryout a few days ago

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather wait for the Patriots to cut one of their dozen TEs. Hoowamanui (sp? I have no idea) and Fells might be better bets than Shiancoe.

Or some other teams might get rid of guys who could be serviceable. I have to think that if Shiancoe was still capable of playing, he'd be on some team's 93 man roster right now. I mean, even Kellen Winslow Jr is with a team, and he has no knees.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
I'd rather wait for the Patriots to cut one of their dozen TEs. Hoowamanui (sp? I have no idea) and Fells might be better bets than Shiancoe.

Or some other teams might get rid of guys who could be serviceable. I have to think that if Shiancoe was still capable of playing, he'd be on some team's 93 man roster right now. I mean, even Kellen Winslow Jr is with a team, and he has no knees.

You could be waiting awhile. The odd man out will probably be either Ballard or Fells, but there's also a chance that Gronk ends up on PUP for the first 6 weeks and they run with Hooman, Ballard, Sudfeld, and Fells.

Shiancoe may be the only option you guys have right now.

coordinator0

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Shiancoe will be brought in and Furstenburg will make the roster. That rounds out the TE depth. A trade for a receiver seems more likely to me, maybe even waiting to sign a veteran that gets cut later on. It'll be interesting to see if this has any effect on bring Leach back. Unless whoever they could possibly add at WR comes cheap I don't think the team would want to use most of their cap room on him and Leach. There has to be some cushion room. But I wouldn't be surprised to see them stick with the receivers they have now too. We've all heard how they like their young players at that position.

To me Pitta going out means that Juszczyk should have a pretty big role in the passing game. Not as a TE though, more as a H-back. He has neither the height or length to line up consistently at TE. Rice will probably see even more targets from Flacco. With Pierce supposedly getting more carries that would free up Rice to be used more as a receiver.
Joe Flacco

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

This is huge ! I think Visante Shiancoe is ok but that Pitta Flacco chemistry will be sorely missed on an offense that is already a questionmark when it comes to pass catchers.

I'm not very excited on what I hear in camp from the receivers in camp below Jacoby. Is David Reed even there ? I haven't heard anything about him. 2.5 mil well spent :/

Sad
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
John harbaugh says even injured reserve designated to return isn't an option for dennis pitta just too much damage

https://twitter.com/RavensInsider/status/361591993039724544

Sounds really bad.
Tom Brady Tribute
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah after the news that his hip was fractured as well as dislocated it didn't sound good. I don't doubt his ability to eventually return from it but Pitta won't be back this season.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. That just goes from bad to worse. I initially thought the year forecast might be a precautionary estimate. But he fractured his hip as well?... That's just gruesome.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll get through it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: