Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Season Discussion: Please Post in New Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 129, 130, 131  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
catcheryea

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Was thinking a little bit today. In our situation of no real franchise player at RB. How would you guys feel about The Black Mamba in the draft next year? Him at RB and Tavon in the slot could be mighty dangerous...

I'm not a huge fan of of Thomas, or any of the backs in this year's class, right now. I'm not 100% sure he will become a franchise RB in the NFL. Plus, even if none of our guys right now turn out to be great, we'll have more pressing needs. Our first 3 picks next year should be FS, G, and T (assuming Saffold leaves). If he's there after round two, I wouldn't mind him, but I just wouldn't get my hopes up. I'd rather shore up the other spots this year and then try to get TJ Yeldon in 2015.
iRaMs

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deanthony Thomas and James Wilder jr are my two favorite RB's this class.

jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRaMs wrote:

I wouldn't mind James Wilder Jr. in the 2nd round if he continues to improve. That boy runs hard.

Hopefully, there will be a couple OLs or a safety that is great value in the first round. But we'll see. I'm always for the BVA...whomever that may be.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
chris00cm

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Was thinking a little bit today. In our situation of no real franchise player at RB. How would you guys feel about The Black Mamba in the draft next year? Him at RB and Tavon in the slot could be mighty dangerous...
No reason to give up on Pead or Richardson yet. Both are capable of starting.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

This here. At this point there look to be other higher priority holes/weak spots to fill.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

This here. At this point there look to be other higher priority holes/weak spots to fill.

Well, I think Stacy has more of a long term future than Richardson or Pead but either way I hope they all workout to be successful for us. I was just playing devil's advocate. Im not even that big a fan of Thomas or Oregon in general (as you might imagine), just playing around with the concept of Austin and Thomas on the same team.

1. Amari Cooper
2. Brandon Scherff
3. Todd Gurley
mash3rramfan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am an Oregon student and view DeAnthony as a Tavon type player. If we need to go RB next year id like to see Lache Seastrunk or Ka'Deem Carey in the horns. I really hope that either Pead, Stacy, or D-Rich really solidify the position so we can get DT Will Sutton and S Ha-Ha Clinton Dix next year.

On a side note Barrett Jones passed his physical could start limited practice tomorrow.

Rams. Oregon Ducks. Dodgers. Brewers. Lakers. Arsenal
iRaMs

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
iRaMs wrote:

I wouldn't mind James Wilder Jr. in the 2nd round if he continues to improve. That boy runs hard.

Hopefully, there will be a couple OLs or a safety that is great value in the first round. But we'll see. I'm always for the BVA...whomever that may be.

James is a very tough runner. Kinda reminds me of Marshawn Lynch. He does need a little work and needs to continue to grow.

DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mash3rramfan wrote:
I am an Oregon student and view DeAnthony as a Tavon type player. If we need to go RB next year id like to see Lache Seastrunk or Ka'Deem Carey in the horns. I really hope that either Pead, Stacy, or D-Rich really solidify the position so we can get DT Will Sutton and S Ha-Ha Clinton Dix next year.

On a side note Barrett Jones passed his physical could start limited practice tomorrow.

They are very similar, hence why i think it could be scary for defenses. I really dont think durability would be an issue. Seastrunk is a stud but he always seems to cramp up from what ive seen.

Im all for Haha Dix, but I dont think DT is a direction we need to go round 1. Id love another LB like CJ Mosley or obviously i will be showing some bias towards Heisman hopeful Marqise Lee, but that would have to mean that Quick and Pettis become complete busts and get ousted which Im not rooting for at all.

1. Amari Cooper
2. Brandon Scherff
3. Todd Gurley
mash3rramfan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
mash3rramfan wrote:

They are very similar, hence why i think it could be scary for defenses. I really dont think durability would be an issue. Seastrunk is a stud but he always seems to cramp up from what ive seen.

Im all for Haha Dix, but I dont think DT is a direction we need to go round 1. Id love another LB like CJ Mosley or obviously i will be showing some bias towards Heisman hopeful Marqise Lee, but that would have to mean that Quick and Pettis become complete busts and get ousted which Im not rooting for at all.

I dont think durability would be an issue for DeAnthony Im thinking more in a sense of franchise RB. I am from LA and grew up a Trojan so to add Lee to our offense would be amazing. I can see us going DT because of Fisher's background of wanting a great defense. We are losing Langford after this year so to add another top notch DT to play with Brockers would solidify our DL for years.

Jonezy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will NFL network be at rams camp at all?

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
mash3rramfan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:

Yes August 1.

chris00cm

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mash3rramfan wrote:
Jonezy wrote:

Yes August 1.
I will be there on August 1st as well!

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
RamForLife81-39

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of all these running backs.. what's everyone's thoughts on Benny Cunningham? I like him alot but that's only from what I've seen. Fisher seems to really like him and said he's healthy again. If he stays healthy, do you guys think he'll have a shot?

Tavon Austin
39 catches-- 409 yards---4TD
8carries----- 95yards-----1TD
32PR---------279yards----1TD
14KR---------303yards
1,086 All Purpose Yards 6 TD
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamForLife81-39 wrote:
Speaking of all these running backs.. what's everyone's thoughts on Benny Cunningham? I like him alot but that's only from what I've seen. Fisher seems to really like him and said he's healthy again. If he stays healthy, do you guys think he'll have a shot?

How many RB we going to carry this year? Richardson, Pead, Stacy, Ganaway and Cunningham? Don't know that we carry four backs unless we just don't have a fullback on the roster. I've heard good things about him too just not sure how the roster shakes out in the end.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 129, 130, 131  Next
Page 25 of 131

Jump to: