Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cards WR Ryan Swope retires, Cut LB O’Brien Schofield

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Cards WR Ryan Swope retires, Cut LB O’Brien Schofield Reply with quote

Quote:
@Cardschatter: #AzCardinals place WR Ryan Swope on reserve-retired list. Not a shock, but tough way for his brief Cards career to end.

http://www.twitter.com/Cardschatter/status/360534587987857408

Quote:
@Cardschatter: #AzCardinals officially announce agreements with LB John Abraham (2 yrs) and T Eric Winston (1 yr). Cut LB O’Brien Schofield. #CardsCamp

http://www.twitter.com/Cardschatter/status/360534655088345088

Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swipe is depressing but OBS was expected for me

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to start bashing the Swope pick. It was a 6th round pick and a roll of the dice. I hope the kid can recover and play in the NFL one day without risk.

Scho was the most likely OLB to get released after signing Abraham. Acho out grew him and was simply more reliable from a health standpoint, Alexander was given a decent sized contract earlier, and Okafor was a 4th round investment. With Acho, Abraham, Alexander, and Okafor, we have a good mix of youth and experience.
Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was worth the risk in the the round.

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
mtdowner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I feel terrible for Swope. I knew his concussion issues were bad but I thought he would eventually be ale to come back from them. He was definitely a talented football player.

I think both Abraham and Winston are great signings. Should make training camp all the more competitive.
love2theOLINE

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow feel bad for Swope, hopefully everything gets better for him going forward. Maybe he can return one day, but best of luck man.

Feel bad for Schofield also but you could see this coming when looking at the projected 53.

Nice on the organization to release him and Powell before camp get under way to make it with a new team. Good luck

Re-Elect Joe Fitzgibbon class act for proper representation.

thanks to sandwhich on the sig
shawn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn...he was my favorite pick if the class. The only player I gave an A grade to.

I trust Swope's decision though, and wish him the best.

sig made by mike23md
younggun1273

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really sad to hear this about Swope. It is too bad for him that he has the talent but the lingering concussion issues really made him set his priorities straight. That is not an easy move, especially considering the money he could make in the NFL compared to anywhere else he goes.

Justo on the sig
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seahawks claimed O'Brien Schofield off waivers from the Cardinals.
Tom Brady Tribute
Tooki

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Brien Scholfield hasn't looked too bad in Seattle. Apparently Pete Carroll was big on him in the 2010 draft.
shawn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
O'Brien Scholfield hasn't looked too bad in Seattle. Apparently Pete Carroll was big on him in the 2010 draft.

The guy can play...I am actually very against the decision to cut him. He is a better pash rusher than anyone else we have on this team not named John Abraham, who was signed the same day we released O'brian Schofield.

He has has some very bad luck with injuries, and grasping some of the mental aspects of the game. But the talent is there, and I wish him well...I wish a non division team claimed him instead.

sig made by mike23md
love2theOLINE

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawn wrote:
Tooki wrote:

The guy can play...I am actually very against the decision to cut him. He is a better pash rusher than anyone else we have on this team not named John Abraham, who was signed the same day we released O'brian Schofield.

He has has some very bad luck with injuries, and grasping some of the mental aspects of the game. But the talent is there, and I wish him well...I wish a non division team claimed him instead.

Health has always been the weakness of OBS,he could have gone higher in the draft but he had the injury and injuries keep him off the field. As a Cardinals fan I don't want to see him do well but as a person I am happy to see him doing well. I was afraid he was only picked up to pick his brain on our new D and would be cut.

Re-Elect Joe Fitzgibbon class act for proper representation.

thanks to sandwhich on the sig
Tooki

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

love2theOLINE wrote:
shawn wrote:
Tooki wrote:

Health has always been the weakness of OBS,he could have gone higher in the draft but he had the injury and injuries keep him off the field. As a Cardinals fan I don't want to see him do well but as a person I am happy to see him doing well. I was afraid he was only picked up to pick his brain on our new D and would be cut.

I think that Bruce Irvin's suspension played a big part in picking up Schofield off waivers, because he has experience at the NFL level.

Hopefully he can do well because he might be the only linebacker on the roster who can play at either the SAM or LEO (34 OLB) position.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: